|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma Dowdel tell Mary Alice that Shotgun Cheatham smelled like in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
(a) A polecat.
(b) A horse stall.
(c) A flower-bed.
(d) An oil tanker.
2. What toy does Joey bring with him for entertainment at Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A baseball mitt.
(b) A jump rope.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A jigsaw puzzle.
3. Who is the author of the book The Hidden Staircase that Mary Alice reads in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Carolyn Keene.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Albert Wilson.
(d) Justine Butler.
4. Where does Grandma Dowdel send Joey to get the Cowgills brothers' parents in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) To the Holy Rollers Church.
(b) To the dairy.
(c) To the White Horse Tavern.
(d) To the lumber mill.
5. What is the name of the dairy delivery boy in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) L. J. Weidenbach.
(b) Jack Cowgill.
(c) Peter Cowgill.
(d) Ernie Cowgill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What toy does Mary Alice bring with her to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. How does Grandma Dowdel describe Shotgun Cheatham when Mary Alice asks her who he was in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
3. Who lives in the old dilapidated house that Grandma Dowdel takes Joey and Mary Alice to after fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
4. Where does Grandma Dowdel's old tomcat live?
5. Where does Grandma Dowdel take Joey and Mary Alice to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)