|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grandma Dowdel give her extra catfish to in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Hobos and drifters.
(c) The church committee.
(d) The Chamber of Commerce.
2. What does Grandma Dowdel tell Mary Alice that Shotgun Cheatham smelled like in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
(a) A polecat.
(b) A flower-bed.
(c) A horse stall.
(d) An oil tanker.
3. What is the reeking smell coming from Grandma Dowdel's cobhouse in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) A dead man.
(b) Rotten meat.
(c) A dead dog.
4. What organization does Joey say his father is a member of in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) The NAACP.
(b) The Society of Quakers.
(c) The Conservation Club.
(d) The Young Republican Society.
5. In the Prologue of the book, the narrator describes Grandma Dowdel as being as "tough as" what?
(a) "An old boor."
(b) "A feisty mule."
(c) "An old cat."
(d) "An ox."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Dowdel do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
2. Of Grandma Dowdel, Joey says in "The Mouse in the Milk," "You didn't want to hang around her too close, or she'd" do what?
3. Who lives in the old dilapidated house that Grandma Dowdel takes Joey and Mary Alice to after fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
4. Where does Grandma Dowdel's old tomcat live?
5. Who is the sheriff in Grandma Dowdel's town in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)