|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the Blue Plate Special cost at the Coffee Pot Cafe in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 50 cents.
(c) 75 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
2. Where does Grandma Dowdel send Joey to get the Cowgills brothers' parents in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) To the dairy.
(b) To the lumber mill.
(c) To the White Horse Tavern.
(d) To the Holy Rollers Church.
3. What does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she did with the milk that had a mouse in it, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She threw it out.
(b) She sent it to the newspaper.
(c) She fed it to the cat.
(d) She returned it to the dairy.
4. Where does Grandma Dowdel's old tomcat live?
(a) In the privy.
(b) In the cobhouse.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the basement.
5. Who is described by Grandma Dowdel as the "best home-baker in the state of Illinois" in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) Leota Shrewsbury.
(b) Rupert Pennypacker.
(c) Earl T. Askew.
(d) Barnie Buchanan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Dowdel do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
2. Who is Grandma Dowdel's cousin that she mentions to the dairy delivery boy in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
3. How old is Junior Stubbs said to be in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
4. How much does Joey describe the soap "Cashmere Bouquet" as costing in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
5. From what material was the Weidenbachs' home built?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)