|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the Blue Plate Special cost at the Coffee Pot Cafe in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
(a) 75 cents.
(b) 50 cents.
(c) 25 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
2. Who convinces the lawmen to leave Grandma Dowdel alone about her giving away the catfish in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) Leota Shrewsbury.
(b) Earl T. Askew.
(c) Ernie Cowgill.
(d) Aunt Puss Chapman.
3. What does Grandma Dowdel do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) She shoots it.
(b) She snaps its neck and throws it overboard.
(c) She hits it with the paddle until it dies.
(d) She faints.
4. Who is described in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground" as "A real old, humped-over lady with buck teeth" and crossed eyes that had been the telling the reporter tales at the cafe in town?
(a) Mrs. Weidenbach.
(b) Effie Wilcox.
(c) Alice Thompson.
(d) Gertrude Smith.
5. Where does Grandma Dowdel take Joey and Mary Alice to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) Crimson Creek.
(b) Salt Creek.
(c) Lake Mead.
(d) Jasper Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary Alice during her trip to Grandma's in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
2. What grade in school has Mary Alice just completed in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
3. What is the name of the town banker where Grandma Dowdel lives?
4. Who was the rival gangster of Bugs Moran that was involved in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre?
5. What does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she did with the milk that had a mouse in it, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)