|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma Dowdel lend to Mr. Cowgill to whip his sons in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A thorny twig.
(b) A leather belt.
(c) A horse-whip.
(d) A leather strop.
2. What car does Joey describe as "shimmering in her loveliness" outside of Veech's garage in "Things with Wings"?
(a) A Terraplane 8.
(b) A Ford Model T.
(c) A Plymouth coupe.
(d) A Rolls-Royce.
3. Why does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she won't need cream or milk delivered tomorrow in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She says the kids are allergic to the milk.
(b) She says she no longer drinks it.
(c) She says she found another dairy to buy from.
(d) She says she's going away.
4. What does Grandma Dowdel win at the cooking competition at the fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) A blue ribbon.
(b) A $25 gift certificate.
(c) A yellow ribbon.
(d) A red ribbon.
5. Who is described by Grandma Dowdel as the "best home-baker in the state of Illinois" in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) Leota Shrewsbury.
(b) Barnie Buchanan.
(c) Rupert Pennypacker.
(d) Earl T. Askew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What toy does Joey bring with him for entertainment at Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. Who does Grandma say pieced the quilt that Joey and Mary Alice find in the attic in "Things with Wings"?
3. What is Grandma Dowdel cleaning on the kitchen table when the milk is delivered in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
4. What kind of car does the narrator describe Al Capone owning in "The Day of Judgment"?
5. Why does Grandma Dowdel refuse to take her pie and register it at the Domestic Services tent as soon as she arrives at the fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)