|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What manufacturing company has a big tent set up to show huskers and combines at the county fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
(c) Brooks and Wilson.
(d) John Deere.
2. What does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she did with the milk that had a mouse in it, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She threw it out.
(b) She sent it to the newspaper.
(c) She returned it to the dairy.
(d) She fed it to the cat.
3. How old is Mary Alice during her trip to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Day of Judgment"?
4. What car does Joey describe as "shimmering in her loveliness" outside of Veech's garage in "Things with Wings"?
(a) A Plymouth coupe.
(b) A Terraplane 8.
(c) A Rolls-Royce.
(d) A Ford Model T.
5. How old is Joey Dowdel during his trip to his Grandmother's in "The Day of Judgment"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Effie Wilcox gone to live with her sister in "Things with Wings"?
2. Where does Joey say he and Mary Alice go to see the movies back home in "Things with Wings"?
3. What kind of mailbox does Grandma Dowdel demand from Mr. Cowgill in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
4. Who is described by Grandma Dowdel as the "best home-baker in the state of Illinois" in "The Day of Judgment"?
5. Who is the American Western film actor that Joey cites when he hears the explosion outside Grandma's house in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)