|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Louise say the snow will go away completely in Chapter 16?
2. What were people like Salva called in America, according to the narrator in Chapter 15?
(a) The Saved Boys.
(b) The Wanderers.
(c) The Lost Boys.
(d) The Lone Tribe.
3. Whose gentleness does Salva recall in Chapter 13?
(a) His father's gentleness.
(b) His mother's gentleness.
(c) His uncle's gentleness.
(d) His sisters' gentleness.
4. How deep is the hole where Jewiir is buried in Chapter 11?
(a) Four feet deep.
(b) Five feet deep.
(c) Six feet deep.
(d) Two feet deep.
5. What does the crew leader reveal his name to be in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Salva to travel from the refugee camp to his new home in Rochester?
2. How long has it been since Salva saw his father when they are reunited in Chapter 17?
3. What does Nya's father send her to fetch in Chapter 17?
4. What do the village women gather for the crew in Chapter 12?
5. In what language is the sign printed that is brought out to the pump in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrative style change in Chapter 18?
2. What lesson does Salva remember whenever he becomes discouraged with his water project?
3. What does Salva learn about his family from his father in Chapter 17?
4. What obstacles does the crew struggle with in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Salva go when he reaches the refugee camp in Chapter 11? How is the camp described?
6. How does Salva's father respond when Salva introduces himself in Chapter 17?
7. How do Nya and her fellow villagers respond when water bursts from the hole in Chapter 14?
8. Who explains the drilling process to Nya in Chapter 15? How is the process explained?
9. What does Nya learn about the building site in Chapter 17?
10. What takes place at the celebration for the well's erection in Chapter 18?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)