|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is the nearest school from Nya's home?
(a) A full day's wall.
(b) An hour's walk.
(c) Two hours' walk.
(d) A half a day's walk.
2. How many children do Chris and Louise have?
3. How old are the youngest boys in Salva's group in Chapter 13?
4. Whom does Salva think of when he hears horrors from the other groups of boys in Chapter 13?
5. For how long has Salva been in Rochester in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Two years.
(b) Almost a month.
(c) Six years.
(d) Almost a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salva given to eat on the evening of his first day at the refugee camp in Chapter 11?
2. How old is Salva in the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. Whose encouragement in the desert does Salva recall in Chapter 13?
4. How long does it take Salva and his group of boys to reach Kenya in Chapter 13?
5. For how long is "the air around Nya's home" filled with the sound of the drill, according to the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nya's father do as the crew continues to drill in Chapter 16?
2. How does Salva almost die in Chapter 13?
3. What symbolic memory inspires Salva to begin his program for water in Sudan in Chapter 17?
4. Why does Salva call out to the woman in the orange headscarf in Chapater 12? What realization does he have when he does so?
5. Where does Salva first live in Kenya? For how long does he live there?
6. How is Salva's departure from the refugee camp described in Chapter 15?
7. What does Salva learn about his family from his father in Chapter 17?
8. What job do the villagers begin to undertake in Nya's village in Chapter 11?
9. What lesson does Salva remember whenever he becomes discouraged with his water project?
10. How is the drill described in Chapter 12? What about the drill surprises Nya?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)