|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Salva's father walk from his village to reach the clinic?
(a) Almost 300 miles.
(b) Almost 400 miles.
(c) Almost 200 miles.
(d) Almost 100 miles.
2. How many men are in the crew that is brought in by the two strangers in Nya's village in Chapter 12?
3. For how long has Salva been in Rochester in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Six years.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Almost a month.
4. How is the water described that comes from the pump in Chapter 18?
(a) Warm and clear.
(b) Cold and muddy.
(c) Brown and muddy.
(d) Cold and clear.
5. How long does it take Salva and his group of boys to reach Kenya in Chapter 13?
(a) A half a year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three and a half years.
(d) A year and a half.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the nearest school from Nya's home?
2. How many planes does Salva take in order to reach his new home in Chapter 15?
3. What will be built in Nya's village next year, according to the narrator in Chapter 18?
4. About how many boys and young men from the refugee camp will be sent to America in Chapter 14?
5. How deep is the hole where Jewiir is buried in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nya's father do as the crew continues to drill in Chapter 16?
2. What job do the villagers begin to undertake in Nya's village in Chapter 11?
3. What obstacles does the crew struggle with in Chapter 13?
4. Who greets Salva when he arrives in America in Chapter 15? How are these characters described?
5. What symbolic memory inspires Salva to begin his program for water in Sudan in Chapter 17?
6. How does Salva almost die in Chapter 13?
7. What does Salva learn about his family from his father in Chapter 17?
8. What takes place at the celebration for the well's erection in Chapter 18?
9. Who explains the drilling process to Nya in Chapter 15? How is the process explained?
10. How is the drill described in Chapter 12? What about the drill surprises Nya?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)