|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men approach Salva's group as they are cooking in Chapter 10?
2. About how many people comprise Salva's group in Chapter 6?
(a) More than 50.
(b) More than 200.
(c) More than 300.
(d) More than 30.
3. What does Jewiir say likely happened to Salva's village in Chapter 10?
(a) It was probably spared from the fighting.
(b) It was probably flooded.
(c) It was probably attacked and burned.
(d) It was probably turned into a concentration camp.
4. Who suggests the clinic to Nya's family in Chapter 7?
(a) Nya's grandmother.
(b) Nya's aunt.
(c) Nya's uncle.
(d) Nya's grandfather.
5. How many of the men on the ground in the desert have died in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Jewiir use for hunting in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Nya's mother hate the camp by the lake?
3. What does the old woman give to Salva when he leaves with the group in Chapter 4?
4. What kind of grass is said to grow at the edge of the river in Chapter 7?
5. What presumably killed Salva's friend in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the nurse's advice appear impossible to Nya and her mother in Chapter 8?
2. What does Auntie give to Salva before he departs in Chapter 4? Why?
3. How are the chapters in A Long Walk to Water structured?
4. What does Jewiir do in order to keep Salva going along with the group in Chapter 9?
5. How is Salva's character introduced in Chapter 1? How old is Salva when his character is introduced?
6. Why does Buksa stray from the group in Chapter 4?
7. How does Nya feel about the time that her family spends at the camp?
8. Where does Salva flee when he leaves the school in Chapter 1? Why?
9. What body of water does Salva's group reach in Chapter 7? How do they prepare to cross it?
10. What is the main setting of A Long Walk to Water?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)