|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Salva's injuries from the bees described in Chapter 5?
(a) His eye is swollen shut.
(b) He cannot turn his head.
(c) His tongue is swollen.
(d) His hearing has gone.
2. What does Jewiir say likely happened to Salva's village in Chapter 10?
(a) It was probably attacked and burned.
(b) It was probably spared from the fighting.
(c) It was probably flooded.
(d) It was probably turned into a concentration camp.
3. By what time does Nya hope to make it home with her water in Chapter 3?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
4. What kind of vehicle do the strangers arrive in at Nya's village in Chapter 9?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Ford truck.
(d) A Humvee.
5. What is said to grip Salva's heart in the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A cold fist.
(b) A choking sob.
(c) A crushing claw.
(d) A raspy ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Nya in the beginning of her story?
2. How old is Nya's younger sister that she must take with her to get water in Chapter 4?
3. What presumably killed Salva's friend in Chapter 7?
4. What fruit does Salva recall his father bringing home as a treat on his bicycle in Chapter 8?
5. In which direction does Marial say the group it walking in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Salva's character introduced in Chapter 1? How old is Salva when his character is introduced?
2. What does Jewiir do in order to keep Salva going along with the group in Chapter 9?
3. Why is Auntie leaving her home in Chapter 4? Why does she not take Salva with her?
4. What has caused the terror that consumes Salva in Chapter 7?
5. From what narrative point of view is A Long Walk to Water related?
6. What animals pose the greatest threat to Salva and the others as they travel in Chapter 5? Why?
7. Who are the dwellers on the island in Chapter 8? How is this setting described?
8. What does Auntie ask of the tribe of people that arrive at her home in Chapter 4?
9. What happens as Salva's group begins to roast the stork after crossing the desert in Chapter 10?
10. Why does Nya's family stay at the camp for part of the year? Where is the camp located?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)