|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters does Salva have?
2. For how many months of the year does Nya's family live by the lake?
3. How long ago has the war started, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) Three years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Six months ago.
4. How old is Nya's younger sister that she must take with her to get water in Chapter 4?
5. What river does Salva's group arrive at in Chapter 7?
(a) The Nile River.
(b) The Ganges River.
(c) The Klamath River.
(d) The Ino River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Salva after eating the feast in Chapter 6?
2. What presumably killed Salva's friend in Chapter 7?
3. In which direction does Marial say the group it walking in Chapter 5?
4. What is Salva's class studying while he looks out the window in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Salva's group walk through the night in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Jewiir assume within Salva's group in Chapter 6? Why?
2. What body of water does Salva's group reach in Chapter 7? How do they prepare to cross it?
3. How is Nya's character introduced in Chapter 1? How old is Nya?
4. How does Nya feel about the time that her family spends at the camp?
5. With whom do the strangers speak when they arrive in Nya's village in Cahpter 9? What are they presumably discussing?
6. What is the catalytic event that sets off Salva's story in Chapter 1?
7. What happens as Salva's group begins to roast the stork after crossing the desert in Chapter 10?
8. What are the symptoms of illness that Akeer exhibits in Chapter 10? What has caused her illness?
9. What is the main setting of A Long Walk to Water?
10. What does Auntie ask of the tribe of people that arrive at her home in Chapter 4?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)