|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jewiir related to Salva?
(a) Jewiir is Salva's father's younger brother.
(b) Jewiir is Salva's mother's younger brother.
(c) Jewiir is Salva's father's older brother.
(d) Jewiir is Salva's mother's older brother.
2. What are the names of Salva's older brothers that entered school a year ahead of him?
(a) Dep and Jewiir.
(b) Ariik and Ring.
(c) Dep and Nyo.
(d) Akit and Ariik.
3. What food does Jewiir hunt and kill for the group in Chapter 6?
(a) An antelope.
(b) A lion.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A coyote.
4. What food does Nya's mother give her when she returns home with the water in Chapter 4?
(b) Beans and rice.
(c) Sorghum meal.
5. After whom is Salva's village named?
(a) After Salva's father.
(b) After Salva's grandfather.
(c) After Salva's great-uncle.
(d) After Salva's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Salva's shoes said to be made from in Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of the village where Salva grew up?
3. How far is Salva's school said to be from his home in Chapter 1?
4. Where is Salva when he awakens and finds that he's been abandoned in Chapter 3?
5. What is said to grip Salva's heart in the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at nightfall while Salva's group is on the island in Chapter 8?
2. How does Nya feel about the time that her family spends at the camp?
3. Why does Nya's family stay at the camp for part of the year? Where is the camp located?
4. How is Nya's character introduced in Chapter 1? How old is Nya?
5. What is the main setting of A Long Walk to Water?
6. Who are the dwellers on the island in Chapter 8? How is this setting described?
7. How is water obtained when Nya's family stays at the camp?
8. What is the catalytic event that sets off Salva's story in Chapter 1?
9. Why does the nurse's advice appear impossible to Nya and her mother in Chapter 8?
10. From what narrative point of view is A Long Walk to Water related?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)