|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color coveralls do the crew members wear in Chapter 13?
2. What is Nya's father's response when she asks him what they are going to build in Chapter 16?
(a) "We're building a market."
(b) "We're building a wall."
(c) "I'll tell you tomorrow."
(d) "Can't you guess?"
3. What was the name of the first refugee camp where Salva lived in Kenya?
(a) Kakuma refugee camp.
(b) Itang refugee camp.
(c) Ifo refugee camp.
(d) Shilluk refugee camp.
4. From what tribe does Dep say the crew leader is descended in Chapter 18?
5. How far did Salva's father walk from his village to reach the clinic?
(a) Almost 400 miles.
(b) Almost 200 miles.
(c) Almost 100 miles.
(d) Almost 300 miles.
6. What is Salva given to eat on the evening of his first day at the refugee camp in Chapter 11?
(a) Honey and oats.
(c) Boiled maize.
7. Why does Salva lead the boys walking at night in Chapter 13?
(a) Because they fear the lions.
(b) Because there is more fighting during the day.
(c) Because they fear the crocodiles.
(d) Because the sun is too hot during the day.
8. What sport does Michael teach to Salva?
9. For how long is "the air around Nya's home" filled with the sound of the drill, according to the narrator in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) For four days.
(b) For five days.
(c) For three days.
(d) For two days.
10. How many refugees lived at the first camp where Salva stayed in Kenya?
11. Why does Salva's father tell him he can't return to his home village in Chapter 17?
(a) There is no reason to go because his family is dead.
(b) The village has burned to the ground.
(c) There is still fighting there.
(d) His mother does not want to see him.
12. The old granddad says in Chapter 18 that the place where the pump is the location they used to gather for what in Chapter 18?
(b) Bonfire celebrations.
(d) Christmas tree lighting.
13. What kind of sports team does Salva join in Rochester?
(a) A cricket team.
(b) A basketball team.
(c) A volleyball team.
(d) A baseball team.
14. What rule is established regarding the well in Chapter 18?
(a) Only the village elders are allowed water.
(b) Only children are allowed water.
(c) No one is ever to be refused water.
(d) The villagers can olny take one jug of water per day.
15. How many people die crossing the river when the refugees are driven out of Ethiopia in Chapter 13?
(a) More than 2,000.
(b) More than 400.
(c) More than 1,000.
(d) More than 200.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be built in Nya's village next year, according to the narrator in Chapter 18?
2. What does Nya say when she approaches the crew leader in Chapter 18?
3. Where is Salva's father when Salva finds him in Chapter 17?
4. What were people like Salva called in America, according to the narrator in Chapter 15?
5. As Salva leads the boys in Chapter 13, the narrator describes his determination building just as it had after whose death?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)