|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years has Salva been living in refugee camps in Kenya in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Four years.
2. What will be built in Nya's village next year, according to the narrator in Chapter 18?
(a) A church.
(b) A post office.
(c) A school.
(d) A marketplace.
3. Where is the processing center that Salva and the other boys are taken to in Chapter 15?
4. What is the crew leader leaning against while Nya watches him in Chapter 18?
(a) A truck.
(b) The school building.
(c) The pump.
(d) A tree.
5. Whose words does Salva think of when he begins to lose hope on his water project?
6. How many planes does Salva take in order to reach his new home in Chapter 15?
7. Toward what country do Salva and the other refugees head after being driven from Ethiopia in Chapter 13?
8. How many men are in the crew that is brought in by the two strangers in Nya's village in Chapter 12?
9. From what tribe does Dep say the crew leader is descended in Chapter 18?
10. About how many boys and young men from the refugee camp will be sent to America in Chapter 14?
11. What sport does Michael teach to Salva?
12. What animal does Nya liken the drill to in Chapter 12?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A hippo.
(d) An elephant.
13. What was the name of the first refugee camp where Salva lived in Kenya?
(a) Ifo refugee camp.
(b) Kakuma refugee camp.
(c) Shilluk refugee camp.
(d) Itang refugee camp.
14. What creatures are known to inhabit the river where Salva and the other refugees are driven in Chapter 12?
15. About how many people were in attendance when Salva first spoke regarding his water project?
Short Answer Questions
1. What discourages the drilling crew in Chapter 13?
2. What does Salva order to drink on the plane in Chapter 15?
3. What rule is established regarding the well in Chapter 18?
4. What school is honored on the sign in Chapter 18?
5. What kind of sports team does Salva join in Rochester?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)