|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language is the sign printed that is brought out to the pump in Chapter 18?
2. Why was Nya unable to discern the tribal heritage of the crew leader?
(a) He is not wearing tribal attire.
(b) He has no piercings.
(c) He has no tattoos.
(d) He has no scars on his face.
3. How many letters are there in the Arabic alphabet?
4. For how long has Salva been in Rochester in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Almost a month.
(b) Six years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Almost a year.
5. What is the name of Salva's father?
(a) Akeer Loun-Ariik.
(b) Kuol Dut Ariik.
(c) Mawien Dut Ariik.
(d) Akit Dut Ariik.
6. About how many people were in attendance when Salva first spoke regarding his water project?
7. What is Nya holding while she waits in line in Chapter 18?
(a) A book.
(b) A plastic bottle.
(c) A lollipop.
(d) A gourd.
8. How long does it take Salva and his group of boys to reach Kenya in Chapter 13?
(a) A half a year.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Three and a half years.
9. What is the name of the refugee camp where Salva and the boys arrive in Kenya?
(a) Ifo refugee camp.
(b) Kakuma refugee camp.
(c) Itang refugee camp.
(d) Shilluk refugee camp.
10. Toward what country do Salva and the other refugees head after being driven from Ethiopia in Chapter 13?
11. What river are Salva and the other refugees driven to by the soldiers in Chapter 12?
(a) The Calypso River.
(b) The Gila River.
(c) The Nile River.
(d) The Oona River.
12. What is Salva given to eat on the evening of his first day at the refugee camp in Chapter 11?
(a) Honey and oats.
(d) Boiled maize.
13. What direction did Salva go when he left the first refugee camp in Kenya?
14. How old are the youngest boys in Salva's group in Chapter 13?
15. What school is honored on the sign in Chapter 18?
(a) Smith Street School.
(b) Rochester High School.
(c) Rogan Street School.
(d) Elm Street School.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years has Salva been living in refugee camps in Kenya in the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. What creatures are known to inhabit the river where Salva and the other refugees are driven in Chapter 12?
3. What clothing does Salva receive when he meets Chris and Louise at the airport?
4. Whom does Salva think of when he hears horrors from the other groups of boys in Chapter 13?
5. What does Salva order to drink on the plane in Chapter 15?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)