|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many planes does Salva take in order to reach his new home in Chapter 15?
2. What does Nya say when she approaches the crew leader in Chapter 18?
(a) "What is your name?"
(b) "Thank you for bringing the water."
(c) "Are you really Dinka?"
(d) "Where are you from?"
3. What is the sign made of that is brought out by the pump in Chapter 18?
(a) Red canvas.
(b) White canvas.
(c) Green canvas.
(d) Blue canvas.
4. What is loaded on the second truck brought in by the two strangers in Chapter 12?
(a) Metal rings.
(c) Water jugs.
(d) Plastic pipes.
5. About how many boys and young men from the refugee camp will be sent to America in Chapter 14?
6. For how long has Salva been in Rochester in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Six years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Almost a month.
(d) Almost a year.
7. Whose encouragement in the desert does Salva recall in Chapter 13?
(b) His father's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His brother's.
8. How far is the nearest school from Nya's home?
(a) A half a day's walk.
(b) An hour's walk.
(c) Two hours' walk.
(d) A full day's wall.
9. What was the name of the first refugee camp where Salva lived in Kenya?
(a) Kakuma refugee camp.
(b) Itang refugee camp.
(c) Shilluk refugee camp.
(d) Ifo refugee camp.
10. Where does the first plane that Salva takes land in Europe?
11. The narrator says in Chapter 15 that in the part of Africa where Salva grew up, the temperature rarely dropped below what?
(a) 70 degrees.
(b) 80 degrees.
(c) 50 degrees.
(d) 60 degrees.
12. The youngest boys in Salva's group are said to remind him of whom in Chapter 13?
13. Where was the first place that Salva spoke in front of people regarding his water project?
(a) A school cafeteria.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A church.
(d) A synagogue.
14. What rule is established regarding the well in Chapter 18?
(a) Only the village elders are allowed water.
(b) No one is ever to be refused water.
(c) The villagers can olny take one jug of water per day.
(d) Only children are allowed water.
15. Where is Salva's father when Salva finds him in Chapter 17?
(a) In New York.
(b) At his home.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salva's father tell him he can't return to his home village in Chapter 17?
2. How long has it been since Salva saw his father when they are reunited in Chapter 17?
3. Who are Salva's older brothers that he thinks of in Chapter 13?
4. The old granddad says in Chapter 18 that the place where the pump is the location they used to gather for what in Chapter 18?
5. What creatures are known to inhabit the river where Salva and the other refugees are driven in Chapter 12?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)