|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years has Salva been living in refugee camps in Kenya in the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
2. How does Salva's father bless him when they meet in Chapter 17?
(a) He sprinkles water on his forehead.
(b) He gives him a scarab.
(c) He puts a necklace on him.
(d) He bows to him.
3. How long did it take for Salva to travel from the refugee camp to his new home in Rochester?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
4. In what language is the sign printed that is brought out to the pump in Chapter 18?
5. Where is the processing center that Salva and the other boys are taken to in Chapter 15?
6. What rule is established regarding the well in Chapter 18?
(a) Only children are allowed water.
(b) No one is ever to be refused water.
(c) Only the village elders are allowed water.
(d) The villagers can olny take one jug of water per day.
7. What kind of sports team does Salva join in Rochester?
(a) A basketball team.
(b) A baseball team.
(c) A volleyball team.
(d) A cricket team.
8. What is Nya holding while she waits in line in Chapter 18?
(a) A plastic bottle.
(b) A gourd.
(c) A lollipop.
(d) A book.
9. Where is Michael from?
(a) The United States.
10. Where was the first place that Salva spoke in front of people regarding his water project?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A church.
(c) A school cafeteria.
(d) A synagogue.
11. What is the name of the refugee camp where Salva and the boys arrive in Kenya?
(a) Itang refugee camp.
(b) Kakuma refugee camp.
(c) Ifo refugee camp.
(d) Shilluk refugee camp.
12. How is the water described that comes from the pump in Chapter 18?
(a) Cold and muddy.
(b) Brown and muddy.
(c) Warm and clear.
(d) Cold and clear.
13. How far did Salva's father walk from his village to reach the clinic?
(a) Almost 100 miles.
(b) Almost 400 miles.
(c) Almost 300 miles.
(d) Almost 200 miles.
14. How many boys does Salva travel with to America in Chapter 15?
15. How many letters are there in the Arabic alphabet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the school located that is honored on the sign in Chapter 18?
2. What does Salva study in college?
3. What sport does Michael teach to Salva?
4. For how long did Salva live at the first refugee camp in Kenya?
5. How old is Salva when his narrative picks up after six years at the refugee camp in Chapter 12?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)