|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Nya's younger sister that she must take with her to get water in Chapter 4?
2. What does Jewiir say likely happened to Salva's village in Chapter 10?
(a) It was probably attacked and burned.
(b) It was probably spared from the fighting.
(c) It was probably flooded.
(d) It was probably turned into a concentration camp.
3. Why has Salva not seen Uncle Jewiir for some time when they are reunited in Chapter 6?
(a) Jewiir married into another tribe.
(b) Jewiir has been in America.
(c) Jewiir has been in the army.
(d) Jewiir has been in prison.
4. What material is the container made of that Nya carries to the pond for water?
5. What is the name of Nya's older brother who goes with her father to hunt at the lake camp?
6. By what time does Nya hope to make it home with her water in Chapter 3?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
7. From what tribe are the additional members that join Salva's group in Chapter 4?
8. How many days does it take Salva's group to build enough canoes to cross the river in Chapter 7?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
9. By what name does Salva call the woman that he encounters after he's been abandoned in Chapter 3?
10. What is the name of the village where Salva grew up?
11. Who has been killed in Chapter 6?
12. What river does Salva's group arrive at in Chapter 7?
(a) The Klamath River.
(b) The Ino River.
(c) The Ganges River.
(d) The Nile River.
13. How large is the group of people that arrive at the old woman's house in Chapter 3?
(a) More than fifty.
(b) Less than a dozen.
(c) At least 200.
(d) About twenty-five.
14. What animal leads Buksa to the food source in Chapter 4?
(a) A bird.
(b) A pig.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rabbit.
15. How many brothers does Salva have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests the clinic to Nya's family in Chapter 7?
2. What food does Nya's mother give her when she returns home with the water in Chapter 4?
3. What kind of grass is said to grow at the edge of the river in Chapter 7?
4. How are Salva's injuries from the bees described in Chapter 5?
5. At around what age are the boys in Salva's family sent to school?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)