|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of grass is said to grow at the edge of the river in Chapter 7?
(a) Wheat grass.
(b) Fescue grass.
(c) Lotus grass.
(d) Papyrus grass.
2. Why does no one in Salva's group sleep well on the island in Chapter 8?
(a) Because of the antelope.
(b) Because of the mosquitoes.
(c) Because of the crocodiles.
(d) Because of the lions.
3. Toward what country does Marial say the group is walking in Chapter 5?
4. How is Jewiir related to Salva?
(a) Jewiir is Salva's father's older brother.
(b) Jewiir is Salva's mother's younger brother.
(c) Jewiir is Salva's mother's older brother.
(d) Jewiir is Salva's father's younger brother.
5. Who is Nya's younger sister that her mother makes her take along to get water in Chapter 4?
6. What does Jewiir say likely happened to Salva's village in Chapter 10?
(a) It was probably turned into a concentration camp.
(b) It was probably spared from the fighting.
(c) It was probably attacked and burned.
(d) It was probably flooded.
7. How many of the men on the ground in the desert have died in Chapter 10?
8. Who suggests the clinic to Nya's family in Chapter 7?
(a) Nya's grandmother.
(b) Nya's grandfather.
(c) Nya's uncle.
(d) Nya's aunt.
9. What kind of livestock does Salva's father own?
10. How many men approach Salva's group as they are cooking in Chapter 10?
11. What river does Salva's group arrive at in Chapter 7?
(a) The Ino River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Ganges River.
(d) The Klamath River.
12. How long will it take the group to reach the islands in the middle of the river in Chapter 7?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
13. What food does Nya's mother give her when she returns home with the water in Chapter 4?
(a) Sorghum meal.
(d) Beans and rice.
14. What is said to grip Salva's heart in the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A crushing claw.
(b) A raspy ghost.
(c) A cold fist.
(d) A choking sob.
15. What country does Jewiir say the group is traveling to in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers does Salva have?
2. What does Salva's group find to eat as they finish their journey across the desert in Chapter 10?
3. In which direction does Marial say the group it walking in Chapter 5?
4. What animal leads Buksa to the food source in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of the village where Salva grew up?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)