|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salva's group find to eat as they finish their journey across the desert in Chapter 10?
(a) A stork.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) An antelope.
(d) A tiger.
2. How does Nya get water at the camp by the lake?
(a) She walks to the pond.
(b) She has to dig for it.
(c) She walks to the river.
(d) She uses the pump.
3. What food does Jewiir hunt and kill for the group in Chapter 6?
(a) An antelope.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A lion.
(d) A coyote.
4. How old is Nya in the beginning of her story?
5. What river does Salva's group arrive at in Chapter 7?
(a) The Ino River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Klamath River.
(d) The Ganges River.
6. How long will it take the group to reach the islands in the middle of the river in Chapter 7?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
7. What is the name of Nya's older brother who goes with her father to hunt at the lake camp?
8. What desert does Salva's group reach in Chapter 8?
(a) The Akobo Desert.
(b) The Sahara Desert.
(c) The Gobi Desert.
(d) The Atacama Desert.
9. How many doses of medicine does it take before Akeer is healthy and back to her old self in Chapter 8?
10. In what year does Nya's story start?
11. What are the names of Salva's sisters?
(a) Ariik and Ring.
(b) Dep and Ring.
(c) Akit and Nya.
(d) Akit and Agnath.
12. What kind of vehicle do the strangers arrive in at Nya's village in Chapter 9?
(a) A Humvee.
(b) A Ford truck.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Corvette.
13. How long has it been since Salva has seen Uncle Jewiir when they are reunited in Chapter 6?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
14. How many men are collapsed in the sand that Salva's group encounters in Chapter 9?
15. How many of the men on the ground in the desert have died in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is tied to the handle of Nya's water container?
2. How old is Nya's younger sister that she must take with her to get water in Chapter 4?
3. What does Jewiir say likely happened to Salva's village in Chapter 10?
4. What kind of livestock does Salva's father own?
5. By what name does Salva call the woman that he encounters after he's been abandoned in Chapter 3?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)