|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 – 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Salva in the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. Why does Nya frown after the water begins rushing from the hole in Chapter 14?
(a) Because she fears going to school.
(b) Because the water is brown and muddy.
(c) Because she wants to keep going to the pond for water.
(d) Because the water stops flowing immediately.
3. Why does Salva lead the boys walking at night in Chapter 13?
(a) Because there is more fighting during the day.
(b) Because they fear the lions.
(c) Because they fear the crocodiles.
(d) Because the sun is too hot during the day.
4. What does Salva imagine stripping the corpses of the men in the desert in Chapter 10?
5. How does Nya get water at the camp by the lake?
(a) She walks to the pond.
(b) She walks to the river.
(c) She has to dig for it.
(d) She uses the pump.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material is the container made of that Nya carries to the pond for water?
2. When the old woman leaves for a different village, she tells Salva that no matter where he walks to go away from what?
3. What does the old woman give to Salva when he leaves with the group in Chapter 4?
4. From what tribe does Dep say the crew leader is descended in Chapter 18?
5. Who holds up the sign for a photograph along with the workers' leader in Chapter 18?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)