|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 – 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the village where Salva grew up?
2. What kind of fruit does Jewiir give to Salva in Chapter 9?
(a) A tamarind.
(b) A mango.
(c) An apple.
(d) A banana.
3. What desert does Salva's group reach in Chapter 8?
(a) The Gobi Desert.
(b) The Atacama Desert.
(c) The Akobo Desert.
(d) The Sahara Desert.
4. What does Salva eat for dinner after arriving on the island in Chapter 8?
(a) Fish and yams.
(b) Chicken and sorgham.
(c) Potatoes and beef.
(d) Antelope and maize.
5. How many men approach Salva's group as they are cooking in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Salva when his narrative picks up after six years at the refugee camp in Chapter 12?
2. What food does Jewiir hunt and kill for the group in Chapter 6?
3. What food does Nya's mother give her when she returns home with the water in Chapter 4?
4. What is Salva given to eat on the evening of his first day at the refugee camp in Chapter 11?
5. From what tribe were the men that killed Jewiir?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)