|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 – 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Salva unable to attend school the entire year?
(a) He goes to the city during the rainy season.
(b) He must take care of the crops during the rainy season.
(c) His family moves away during the dry season.
(d) He must tend to the cows during the dry season.
2. What desert does Salva's group reach in Chapter 8?
(a) The Atacama Desert.
(b) The Sahara Desert.
(c) The Akobo Desert.
(d) The Gobi Desert.
3. What are the names of Salva's older brothers that entered school a year ahead of him?
(a) Dep and Nyo.
(b) Akit and Ariik.
(c) Ariik and Ring.
(d) Dep and Jewiir.
4. For how long has Salva been in Rochester in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Almost a month.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two years.
5. What are the men armed with that attack Salva's group in Chapter 10?
(a) Knives and swords.
(b) Guns and machetes.
(c) Bows and arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Salva to travel from the refugee camp to his new home in Rochester?
2. Where is Salva when he awakens and finds that he's been abandoned in Chapter 3?
3. Approximately how many boys are following Salva after leaving Ethiopia in Chapter 13?
4. About how many people comprise Salva's group in Chapter 6?
5. How old is Salva when his narrative picks up after six years at the refugee camp in Chapter 12?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)