|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 – 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which direction does Marial say the group it walking in Chapter 5?
2. For how long does Salva stay at the old woman's house and work for her before deciding to leave in Chapter 3?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. In the Dinka language, the Atuot people are called what?
(a) "The people of the lion."
(b) "The people of the elephant."
(c) "The people of the crocodile."
(d) "The people of the river."
4. How does Nya get water at the camp by the lake?
(a) She walks to the river.
(b) She has to dig for it.
(c) She walks to the pond.
(d) She uses the pump.
5. At around what age are the boys in Salva's family sent to school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Salva has seen Uncle Jewiir when they are reunited in Chapter 6?
2. How many sisters does Salva have?
3. In what year does Salva's story begin?
4. What animal leads Buksa to the food source in Chapter 4?
5. How are the traditional scars of Salva's tribe described in Chapter 3?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)