|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 – 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Salva when he awakens and finds that he's been abandoned in Chapter 3?
(a) In a cabin.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In a church.
(d) In an open field.
2. What food does Nya's mother give her when she returns home with the water in Chapter 4?
(a) Sorghum meal.
(c) Beans and rice.
3. With what tribe does Nya's tribe fight at the lake?
(a) The Nuer tribe.
(b) The Jur-chol tribe.
(c) The Dinka tribe.
(d) The Oma tribe.
4. Why is Salva unable to attend school the entire year?
(a) He must take care of the crops during the rainy season.
(b) He goes to the city during the rainy season.
(c) His family moves away during the dry season.
(d) He must tend to the cows during the dry season.
5. For how many months of the year does Nya's family live by the lake?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the big lake from Nya's village?
2. About how many people comprise Salva's group in Chapter 6?
3. How long ago had Jewiir joined Salva's group when they are reunited in Chapter 6?
4. How many brothers does Salva have?
5. What does the old woman give to Salva when he leaves with the group in Chapter 4?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)