|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 – 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many refugees lived at the first camp where Salva stayed in Kenya?
2. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
3. In the Dinka language, the Atuot people are called what?
(a) "The people of the elephant."
(b) "The people of the lion."
(c) "The people of the river."
(d) "The people of the crocodile."
4. For how many months of the year does Nya walk to get water for her family?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 6 months.
5. What does Jewiir say likely happened to Salva's village in Chapter 10?
(a) It was probably attacked and burned.
(b) It was probably flooded.
(c) It was probably spared from the fighting.
(d) It was probably turned into a concentration camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Salva to travel from the refugee camp to his new home in Rochester?
2. How many boys does Salva travel with to America in Chapter 15?
3. What animal leads Buksa to the food source in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of Nya's older brother who goes with her father to hunt at the lake camp?
5. What are the only plants growing in the desert that Salva crosses in Chapter 9?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)