|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Giving and Taking," where was Hill talking about?
2. What did Hill's companion in "A Listening Walk" want to do on the walks?
3. Where did Hill get the bait he used in "A Quieter Time"?
4. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where was the best fly caster from?
5. In "Too Much and Not Enough," what kind of sign did Hill say there were too many of?
Essay Topic 1
What weaknesses did Hill have, and how did these affect his hunting and fishing hobbies?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in that article?
Essay Topic 3
Hill tried to be an objective observer of nature. How did this objectivity affect his writing?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)