|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Horoscope Revisited," what sign did Hill say was a merchant's dream?
2. In "A Matter of Privacy," what did Hill say people had an obsession with?
3. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," who did Hill give a eulogy to?
4. What kind of fish was featured in "A Quieter Time"?
5. In "Just After You Left . . .," what bird was featured?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," how did Hill end the article?
2. In "It's Better Not to Know," what did Hill say it was better not to know?
3. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
4. What was "Mending Harness" about?
5. What was "Dog Hair In Your Drink" about?
6. In "Special Skills," how did Hill describe his ideal hunting companion and why?
7. In "Too Much and Not Enough," why did Hill say October was too short?
8. In "A Matter of Gravity," what kinds of things did Hill blame gravity for?
9. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
10. In "Why Is It. . .?," what skills did Hill say he was grateful for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which article in this book did you relate to most and why?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of payment did Hill get for his writing, and what did this indicate about his character? Why do you think this detail was significant enough for the author to include it in some of these narratives?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the zodiac signs Hill came up with, and what did these say about his personality?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)