|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Responsible Sportsman," what sport did Hill say statistics could be useful in?
2. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he feared most as a child?
3. In "Too Much and Not Enough," Why did Hill say February was too long?
4. In "A Question of Statistics," what tone was used?
5. In "Horoscope Revisited," what sign did Hill say was a merchant's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
2. In "November," why did Hill say his ideal November was impossible?
3. What was "Dog Hair In Your Drink" about?
4. What was Hill speaking out against in "The Responsible Sportsman,"?
5. In "Another November Season," what special union did Hill talk about?
6. What did Hill do on his Listening Walks?
7. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
8. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
9. In "A Matter of Gravity," what kinds of things did Hill blame gravity for?
10. What analogy was used by Hill in "The Waiting Game"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hill describe the ideal hunting companion, and why would this kind of person have been so good for Hill to be with?
Essay Topic 2
Where did Hill use personification in his articles, and how were those articles different from the other articles in the collection?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these articles?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)