|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Too Much and Not Enough," what did Hill say about fishing equipment?
2. Why did Hill like November so much?
3. What was "Hammers" about?
4. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say a Sagitarius liked to do before hunting?
5. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say he envied about his predecessors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hill make fun of in "New Toys"?
2. In "Another November Season," what special union did Hill talk about?
3. What analogy was used by Hill in "The Waiting Game"?
4. In "Special Skills," how did Hill describe his ideal hunting companion and why?
5. In "Horoscopes," what did Hill say about Geminis?
6. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say he was envious of?
7. In "A Matter of Gravity," what kinds of things did Hill blame gravity for?
8. What was Hill speaking out against in "The Responsible Sportsman,"?
9. What did Hill do on his Listening Walks?
10. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he did not miss about his childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of payment did Hill get for his writing, and what did this indicate about his character? Why do you think this detail was significant enough for the author to include it in some of these narratives?
Essay Topic 2
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these articles?
Essay Topic 3
What weaknesses did Hill have, and how did these affect his hunting and fishing hobbies?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)