|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Horoscopes," which sign did Hill say told tall tales?
2. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," who was Hill reporting to?
3. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say a Sagitarius liked to do before hunting?
4. In "Just After You Left . . .," what was Hill lamenting?
5. What was wrong with Maine in November?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Too Much and Not Enough," why did Hill say October was too short?
2. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
3. What was Hill speaking out against in "The Responsible Sportsman,"?
4. What did Hill do on his Listening Walks?
5. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," how did Hill end the article?
6. In "Why Is It. . .?," what skills did Hill say he was grateful for?
7. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
8. What was "Dog Hair In Your Drink" about?
9. What was "Mending Harness" about?
10. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say he was envious of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hill feel about nature, and how did these feelings affect his life?
Essay Topic 2
What weaknesses did Hill have, and how did these affect his hunting and fishing hobbies?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these articles?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)