|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "It's All Relative," what part of America did Hill discuss?
2. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he used to hate about Sundays?
3. In "Hammers," what was Hussey?
4. What did Hill revel in on his Listening Walks?
5. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he feared most as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Why Is It. . .?," what skills did Hill say he was grateful for?
2. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
3. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
4. What was "Mending Harness" about?
5. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say he was envious of?
6. What analogy was used by Hill in "The Waiting Game"?
7. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say about Leos?
8. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
9. What was "Dog Hair In Your Drink" about?
10. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where did Hill use personification in his articles, and how were those articles different from the other articles in the collection?
Essay Topic 2
Hill tried to be an objective observer of nature. How did this objectivity affect his writing?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hill describe the ideal hunting companion, and why would this kind of person have been so good for Hill to be with?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)