|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Matter of Privacy," where did Hill say he got the most privacy?
2. In "A Matter of Privacy," what did Hill say people had suspicions about?
3. What bird was discussed in "Hammers"?
4. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say a Sagitarius liked to do before hunting?
5. In "Horoscope Revisited," what sign did Hill say was a merchant's dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
2. In "Hammers," what did Hill say he hoped his gun had been a part of?
3. What did Hill make fun of in "New Toys"?
4. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say about Leos?
5. What analogy was used by Hill in "The Waiting Game"?
6. What was "Giving and Taking" about?
7. In "Why Is It. . .?," what skills did Hill say he was grateful for?
8. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
9. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
10. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hill feel about nature, and how did these feelings affect his life?
Essay Topic 2
Competition was a central theme of a few of these articles. How did Hill say competition was affecting the sport of hunting and fishing.
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these articles?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)