|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," who did Hill give a eulogy to?
2. In "The Responsible Sportsman," what sport did Hill say statistics could be useful in?
3. In "A Matter of Gravity," what did Hill attribute to gravity?
4. In "Why Is It. . .?," what was Hill wondering about?
5. In "It's All Relative," what part of America did Hill discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Why Is It. . .?," what skills did Hill say he was grateful for?
2. In "A Matter of Gravity," what kinds of things did Hill blame gravity for?
3. What was "Giving and Taking" about?
4. What did Hill do on his Listening Walks?
5. In "Too Much and Not Enough," why did Hill say October was too short?
6. What did Hill make fun of in "New Toys"?
7. What was "Mending Harness" about?
8. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
9. In "Hammers," what did Hill say he hoped his gun had been a part of?
10. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say about Leos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of payment did Hill get for his writing, and what did this indicate about his character? Why do you think this detail was significant enough for the author to include it in some of these narratives?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the zodiac signs Hill came up with, and what did these say about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these articles?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)