|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Matter of Privacy," what did Hill say people had suspicions about?
2. Where did Hill take his Listening Walks?
3. In "Everycamp," who did Hill imagine hunting?
4. In "The Responsible Sportsman," how did Hill say success should be measured?
5. How did the hero in "Dog Hair In Your Drink" get knowledge of hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
2. What was "Mending Harness" about?
3. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say about Leos?
4. What did Hill do on his Listening Walks?
5. In "Too Much and Not Enough," why did Hill say October was too short?
6. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he did not miss about his childhood?
7. In "A Matter of Gravity," what kinds of things did Hill blame gravity for?
8. In "Why Is It. . .?," what skills did Hill say he was grateful for?
9. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
10. What analogy was used by Hill in "The Waiting Game"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hill feel about nature, and how did these feelings affect his life?
Essay Topic 2
Where did Hill use personification in his articles, and how were those articles different from the other articles in the collection?
Essay Topic 3
Who was the chairman, and why was this analogy used by Hill?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)