|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Little Quicker," who did Hill say would help him win?
2. In "Horoscopes," which sign did Hill say was too modest?
3. In "Too Much and Not Enough," what kind of sign did Hill say there were too many of?
4. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he used to hate about Sundays?
5. In "Another November Season," what did Hill say he did not wish to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
2. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say about Leos?
3. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
4. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he did not miss about his childhood?
5. In "Too Much and Not Enough," why did Hill say October was too short?
6. What analogy was used by Hill in "The Waiting Game"?
7. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
8. In "A Matter of Gravity," what kinds of things did Hill blame gravity for?
9. In "It's Better Not to Know," what did Hill say it was better not to know?
10. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in that article?
Essay Topic 2
Who was the chairman, and why was this analogy used by Hill?
Essay Topic 3
Competition was a central theme of a few of these articles. How did Hill say competition was affecting the sport of hunting and fishing.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)