|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say a Sagitarius liked to do before hunting?
2. In "A Question of Statistics," what tone was used?
3. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he feared most as a child?
4. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where was the best fly caster from?
5. In "It's All Relative," what part of America did Hill discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
2. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
3. What was "Dog Hair In Your Drink" about?
4. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
5. In "November," why did Hill say his ideal November was impossible?
6. What was "Giving and Taking" about?
7. What did Hill do on his Listening Walks?
8. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
9. In "Another November Season," what special union did Hill talk about?
10. In "It's Better Not to Know," what did Hill say it was better not to know?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hill's family feel about his love for hunting, and how did this change his dedication to the sport?
Essay Topic 2
How did Hill feel about nature, and how did these feelings affect his life?
Essay Topic 3
Hill tried to be an objective observer of nature. How did this objectivity affect his writing?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)