|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill imagine winning?
2. In "It's All Relative," what part of America did Hill discuss?
3. In "A Matter of Privacy," where did Hill say he got the most privacy?
4. In "Too Much and Not Enough," what kind of sign did Hill say there were too many of?
5. In "Why Is It. . .?," what was Hill wondering about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Another November Season," what special union did Hill talk about?
2. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say about Leos?
3. In "November," why did Hill say his ideal November was impossible?
4. What was "Giving and Taking" about?
5. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
6. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
7. In "Too Much and Not Enough," why did Hill say October was too short?
8. What did Hill do on his Listening Walks?
9. In "Why Is It. . .?," what skills did Hill say he was grateful for?
10. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," how did Hill end the article?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of payment did Hill get for his writing, and what did this indicate about his character? Why do you think this detail was significant enough for the author to include it in some of these narratives?
Essay Topic 2
Competition was a central theme of a few of these articles. How did Hill say competition was affecting the sport of hunting and fishing.
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these articles?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)