|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "It's All Relative," what part of America did Hill discuss?
2. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," what expense does Hill validate?
3. What kind of fish was featured in "A Quieter Time"?
4. In "A Matter of Privacy," what did Hill say people had an obsession with?
5. In "A Question of Statistics," what tone was used?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Matter of Gravity," what kinds of things did Hill blame gravity for?
2. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say he was envious of?
3. In "Another November Season," what special union did Hill talk about?
4. What was "Dog Hair In Your Drink" about?
5. In "It's Better Not to Know," what did Hill say it was better not to know?
6. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
7. In "A Little Quicker," what did Hill say he would need to do to win The Grand American?
8. In "Horoscopes," what did Hill say about Geminis?
9. What was "Mending Harness" about?
10. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Competition was a central theme of a few of these articles. How did Hill say competition was affecting the sport of hunting and fishing.
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the zodiac signs Hill came up with, and what did these say about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Laughter and happiness is a common theme found in this book. Where does this come into play, and how does it affect the characters involved in these articles?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)