|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mending Harness," what did Hill call the days he spent organizing his equipment?
2. In "Another November Season," what kind of hunting was discussed?
3. In "A Matter of Gravity," what did Hill attribute to gravity?
4. In "The Responsible Sportsman," what sport did Hill say statistics could be useful in?
5. In "Why Is It. . .?," what did Hill say he couldn't do without straining a muscle?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say about Leos?
2. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he did not miss about his childhood?
3. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
4. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say he was envious of?
5. What was Hill speaking out against in "The Responsible Sportsman,"?
6. In "Special Skills," how did Hill describe his ideal hunting companion and why?
7. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
8. What was "Giving and Taking" about?
9. In "Too Much and Not Enough," why did Hill say October was too short?
10. What did Hill make fun of in "New Toys"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What weaknesses did Hill have, and how did these affect his hunting and fishing hobbies?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in that article?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hill's family feel about his love for hunting, and how did this change his dedication to the sport?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)