|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Mending Harness," when did Hill say he tested all his equipment?
2. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say a Sagitarius liked to do before hunting?
3. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," who did Hill give a eulogy to?
4. In "A Matter of Gravity," what did Hill attribute to gravity?
5. How did the hero in "Dog Hair In Your Drink" get knowledge of hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hill make fun of in "New Toys"?
2. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say he was envious of?
3. What analogy was used by Hill in "The Waiting Game"?
4. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
5. What was "Mending Harness" about?
6. In "November," why did Hill say his ideal November was impossible?
7. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he did not miss about his childhood?
8. What was "Giving and Taking" about?
9. In "It's Better Not to Know," what did Hill say it was better not to know?
10. What was Hill speaking out against in "The Responsible Sportsman,"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hill feel about environmentalists and why?
Essay Topic 2
How did Hill describe the ideal hunting companion, and why would this kind of person have been so good for Hill to be with?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in that article?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)