|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill list?
2. In "Some Other Time," who owned the paintings Hill was admiring?
3. In "Too Many Leaders," what did Hill say was the most valuable part of the sport for him?
4. In "The Unseen Egg," what collection did Hill talk about?
5. In "Unpacking Some Memories of Africa," what did Hill say his time in Africa freed him from?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Annual Report," what did Hill compare his wife to and why?
2. In "Observations and Insights," where did Hill say the biggest fish could always be found?
3. In "The Unseen Egg," how did Hill say hunting and fishing differed from most other sports?
4. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what made a hunter successful?
5. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill want to spend time with a young boy?
6. In "It's Not Just Fishing, It's Fate," what awed Hill about fishing?
7. In "Too Many Leaders," why did Hill say he was glad to not be a celebrity sportsman?
8. In "Lost", why would Hill not ask for directions when he needed them?
9. What about Jake made Hill feel nervous?
10. In "Losing Things," what did Hill say made it impossible to find things?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What weaknesses did Hill have, and how did these affect his hunting and fishing hobbies?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of Hill's life, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of payment did Hill get for his writing, and what did this indicate about his character? Why do you think this detail was significant enough for the author to include it in some of these narratives?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)