|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Equipment Time," what did Hill say every piece of equipment held for him?
2. In "The Trapshooter's Code," what kind of equipment was most important to Hill when trapshooting?
3. In "Low Rod," what kind of fish was featured?
4. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what did Hill say people worshiped?
5. In "Time . . . And This Place," who did Hill say made hunters outcasts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was "Waterfowling" different from Hill's other articles?
2. In "Annual Report," what did Hill compare his wife to and why?
3. In "The Unseen Egg," how did Hill say hunting and fishing differed from most other sports?
4. What about Africa did Hill say he could not accurately describe?
5. What was "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths" about?
6. In "Lost", why would Hill not ask for directions when he needed them?
7. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what was the difference between the average hunter and the true hunter?
8. What did Hill say The Idler fantasized about?
9. What about Jake made Hill feel nervous?
10. What did Hill list in "I Wish I Had" ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hill describe his ideal November, and why would it never be possible? What did this plan indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Hill tried to be an objective observer of nature. How did this objectivity affect his writing?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hill describe the ideal hunting companion, and why would this kind of person have been so good for Hill to be with?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)