|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Time . . . And This Place," what did Hill say hindered hunting in 1980?
2. In "Time . . . And This Place," who did Hill say made hunters outcasts?
3. In "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths," what did Hill say was dangerous to children about the syndrome he talked about?
4. In "Too Many Leaders," what did Hill say was the most valuable part of the sport for him?
5. In "Losing Things," what did Hill ask his reader not to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hill say Jake had no patience for?
2. In "Too Many Leaders," why did Hill say he was glad to not be a celebrity sportsman?
3. In "Annual Report," what did Hill compare his wife to and why?
4. What about Africa did Hill say he could not accurately describe?
5. In "The Unseen Egg," how did Hill say hunting and fishing differed from most other sports?
6. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say a fisherman needed to realize?
7. According to Hill, how did The Dreamer treat a fishing trip?
8. In "No, I Have Not Thanked a Green Plant Today--I've Been Busy," what kind of argument did Hill say he wanted to use?
9. In "The Gentle Giant of Time," how did Hill prefer to chop down the dead limb and why?
10. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say fishing was about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What weaknesses did Hill have, and how did these affect his hunting and fishing hobbies?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of Hill's life, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of payment did Hill get for his writing, and what did this indicate about his character? Why do you think this detail was significant enough for the author to include it in some of these narratives?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)