|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Wish I Had," who did Hill say gave him the best advice?
2. In "Lost," how did Hill say he felt when he got lost?
3. In "Equipment Time," what kind of equipment was Hill discussing?
4. In "Some Other Time," what kind of painting was Hill admiring?
5. In "Waterfowling," what did Hill say all good hunters had?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill say ten year old boys were better than teenage boys?
2. In "Lost," what did Hill say one had to do to find oneself?
3. In "Losing Things," what did Hill say made it impossible to find things?
4. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill want to spend time with a young boy?
5. What about Jake made Hill feel nervous?
6. How did Jake die, and how did Hill feel about it?
7. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what was the difference between the average hunter and the true hunter?
8. What did Hill say The Idler fantasized about?
9. According to Hill, how did The Dreamer treat a fishing trip?
10. In "Lost", why would Hill not ask for directions when he needed them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Martha, and what significance did she have to Hill's life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Hill use irony in his articles, and how did the inclusion of these ironies change the tone of the stories?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hill describe his ideal November, and why would it never be possible? What did this plan indicate about his personality?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)