|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Take a Grownup Fishing," what did Hill say adults would find through fishing?
2. In "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths," what did Hill say certain movies did to his sport?
3. What perspective was "Annual Report" written from?
4. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill list?
5. What injured the tree in "The Gentle Giant of Time" ?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Another November Season," what special union did Hill talk about?
2. How did Jake die, and how did Hill feel about it?
3. What was "Some Other Time" about?
4. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what made a hunter successful?
5. In "Why Is It. . .?," what skills did Hill say he was grateful for?
6. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say a fisherman needed to realize?
7. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
8. In "Observations and Insights," where did Hill say the biggest fish could always be found?
9. How did Hill describe Martha, in "Duck Hunters' Wives"?
10. What was "Once a Salmon Sang to Me" about?
Essay Topic 1
Which article in this book did you relate to most and why?
Essay Topic 2
Hill tried to be an objective observer of nature. How did this objectivity affect his writing?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hill describe the ideal hunting companion, and why would this kind of person have been so good for Hill to be with?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)