|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Trapshooter's Code," what kind of equipment was most important to Hill when trapshooting?
2. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what word did Hill use repeatedly to describe hunters?
3. In "Some Other Time," who owned the paintings Hill was admiring?
4. What was the tree in "The Gentle Giant of Time" a symbol of?
5. In "It's Not Just Fishing, It's Fate," what did Hill say he felt while fishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hill say he loved his "Equipment Time"?
2. In "Lost", why would Hill not ask for directions when he needed them?
3. In "Losing Things," what did Hill say made it impossible to find things?
4. What joke was Hill making in "Take a Grownup Fishing"?
5. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill want to spend time with a young boy?
6. What did Hill say The Idler fantasized about?
7. What was a Low Rod according to Hill?
8. What was "Some Other Time" about?
9. What was "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths" about?
10. What was "Time . . . And This Place" about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the zodiac signs Hill came up with, and what did these say about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Martha, and what significance did she have to Hill's life?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hill describe the ideal hunting companion, and why would this kind of person have been so good for Hill to be with?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)