|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Trapshooter's Code," what did Hill say could vastly change the conditions of trapshooting?
2. In "Our World Without Shotguns," what did Hill say would not be found on menus without the invention of the shotgun?
3. In "Observations and Insights," what marking did Hill say he never trusted?
4. In "The Trapshooter's Code," what habit was Hill defending?
5. In "It's Not Just Fishing, It's Fate," where were the featured fish from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hill describe Martha, in "Duck Hunters' Wives"?
2. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what was the difference between the average hunter and the true hunter?
3. What was "Time . . . And This Place" about?
4. How was "Waterfowling" different from Hill's other articles?
5. In "The Unseen Egg," how did Hill say hunting and fishing differed from most other sports?
6. What did Hill say Jake had no patience for?
7. In "Annual Report," what did Hill compare his wife to and why?
8. How did Jake die, and how did Hill feel about it?
9. In "The Gentle Giant of Time," how did Hill prefer to chop down the dead limb and why?
10. What joke was Hill making in "Take a Grownup Fishing"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was the chairman, and why was this analogy used by Hill?
Essay Topic 2
Which article in this book did you relate to most and why?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of payment did Hill get for his writing, and what did this indicate about his character? Why do you think this detail was significant enough for the author to include it in some of these narratives?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)