Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what word did Hill use repeatedly to describe hunters?
2. In "Our World Without Shotguns," what did Hill say he would personally not have without the invention of the shotgun?
3. What kind of animal was Jake?
4. In "Duck Hunters' Wives," what did the ideal wife do?
5. Who is "The Dreamer" about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Hammers," what did Hill say he hoped his gun had been a part of?
2. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," how did Hill end the article?
3. In "Too Many Leaders," why did Hill say he was glad to not be a celebrity sportsman?
4. What was Hill speaking out against in "The Responsible Sportsman,"?
5. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say fishing was about?
6. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
7. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what made a hunter successful?
8. What was "Once a Salmon Sang to Me" about?
9. What did Hill say Jake had no patience for?
10. How did Hill describe Martha, in "Duck Hunters' Wives"?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the zodiac signs Hill came up with, and what did these say about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in that article?
Essay Topic 3
Getting lost was the theme of a couple of these stories. What brought about this theme, and how did he feel about this theme?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)