|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Some Other Time," what did Hill say was not accurate in the paintings he was admiring?
2. In "Lost," what weakness did Hill reveal about himself?
3. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill mostly wish for?
4. In "The Dreamer," what did Hill say fishing was about?
5. What was the tree in "The Gentle Giant of Time" a symbol of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a Low Rod according to Hill?
2. What about Jake made Hill feel nervous?
3. What did Hill say The Idler fantasized about?
4. What joke was Hill making in "Take a Grownup Fishing"?
5. Why did Hill say he loved his "Equipment Time"?
6. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what made a hunter successful?
7. In "Lost," what did Hill say one had to do to find oneself?
8. How did Jake die, and how did Hill feel about it?
9. What was "Time . . . And This Place" about?
10. In "The Gentle Giant of Time," how did Hill prefer to chop down the dead limb and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Competition was a central theme of a few of these articles. How did Hill say competition was affecting the sport of hunting and fishing.
Essay Topic 2
What weaknesses did Hill have, and how did these affect his hunting and fishing hobbies?
Essay Topic 3
Who was the chairman, and why was this analogy used by Hill?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)