|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Equipment Time," what did Hill say some people compared equipment to?
2. In "Unpacking Some Memories of Africa," what kind of animals did Hill see?
3. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill say he wished he still had from his youth?
4. In "Waterfowling," what did Hill say all good hunters had?
5. In "Low Rod," who did Hill say deserved the title of Low Rod?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Losing Things," what did Hill say made it impossible to find things?
2. What about Jake made Hill feel nervous?
3. According to Hill, how did The Dreamer treat a fishing trip?
4. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill say ten year old boys were better than teenage boys?
5. What was "Time . . . And This Place" about?
6. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what made a hunter successful?
7. Why did Hill say he loved his "Equipment Time"?
8. In "The Unseen Egg," how did Hill say hunting and fishing differed from most other sports?
9. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say a fisherman needed to realize?
10. What did Hill defend himself for, in "The Trapshooter's Code"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of Hill's life, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of payment did Hill get for his writing, and what did this indicate about his character? Why do you think this detail was significant enough for the author to include it in some of these narratives?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hill feel about environmentalists and why?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)