|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Duck Hunters' Wives," where did the ideal wife develop her sweet voice?
2. In "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths," what did Hill say certain movies did to his sport?
3. What kind of tree was featured in "The Gentle Giant of Time" ?
4. Who did Hill say had the final decision on purchases in "Annual Report"?
5. In "The Dreamer," what did Hill compare a hunting trip to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths" about?
2. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what was the difference between the average hunter and the true hunter?
3. In "The Unseen Egg," how did Hill say hunting and fishing differed from most other sports?
4. What did Hill say The Idler fantasized about?
5. What was "Once a Salmon Sang to Me" about?
6. In "Our World Without Shotguns," what did Hill say would not exist without shotguns?
7. What about Africa did Hill say he could not accurately describe?
8. In "Lost," what did Hill say one had to do to find oneself?
9. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill say ten year old boys were better than teenage boys?
10. What did Hill defend himself for, in "The Trapshooter's Code"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What weaknesses did Hill have, and how did these affect his hunting and fishing hobbies?
Essay Topic 2
How did Hill feel about environmentalists and why?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the zodiac signs Hill came up with, and what did these say about his personality?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)