|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Special Skills," what kind of friend did Hill like to take hunting?
(a) Friends with gadgets.
(b) Friends with hunting property.
(c) Friends with good dogs.
(d) Friends with good stories.
2. In "Another November Season," how did Hill say dogs knew the season had come?
(a) There was something in the air.
(b) They saw their owners preparing.
(c) They heard the bird calls.
(d) They smelled the birds.
3. In "A Matter of Privacy," what did Hill say people had an obsession with?
4. What was the main attribute of the hero in "Dog Hair In Your Drink"?
5. In "Horoscopes," which sign did Hill say told tall tales?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Matter of Gravity," what did Hill attribute to gravity?
2. Why did Hill like November so much?
3. In "Just After You Left . . .," what bird was featured?
4. In "Hammers," what was Hussey?
5. In "Special Skills," what did Hill tell his readers to ignore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was "Dog Hair In Your Drink" about?
2. What did Hill do on his Listening Walks?
3. In "Wood Smoke," why did Hill say he hated wood burning stoves?
4. What was "Giving and Taking" about?
5. In "Special Skills," how did Hill describe his ideal hunting companion and why?
6. In "A Matter of Gravity," what kinds of things did Hill blame gravity for?
7. In "It's Better Not to Know," what did Hill say it was better not to know?
8. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
9. What was Hill speaking out against in "The Responsible Sportsman,"?
10. What did Hill make fun of in "New Toys"?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)