|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hill revel in on his Listening Walks?
(a) The experience.
(b) His life.
(c) His power.
(d) The beauty of nature.
2. In "Another November Season," what did Hill say he did not wish to know?
(a) What kept him so excited.
(b) Why the birds migrated.
(c) What caused the change in November.
(d) How his dogs knew the season.
3. In "A Matter of Gravity," what did Hill attribute to gravity?
(a) All of these.
(b) Hunting mishaps.
(c) His weight.
(d) Hunting success.
4. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say he envied about his predecessors?
(a) Their time.
(b) Their adventure.
(c) Their skills.
(d) Their freedom.
5. What was wrong with Maine in November?
(a) It was too windy.
(b) It was too hot.
(c) It was too cloudy.
(d) It was too cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was cast in a heroic light in "Dog Hair In Your Drink"?
2. In "Just After You Left . . .," what bird was featured?
3. In "A Matter of Privacy," where did Hill say he got the most privacy?
4. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where was the best shot from?
5. In "Special Skills," what kind of friend did Hill like to take hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," how did Hill end the article?
2. In "Hammers," what did Hill say he hoped his gun had been a part of?
3. What was "Mending Harness" about?
4. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where did Hill get his favorite fishing rod?
5. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say men would never learn to hunt?
6. In "Horoscopes," what did Hill say about Geminis?
7. What did Hill make fun of in "New Toys"?
8. What was "Dog Hair In Your Drink" about?
9. In "November," why did Hill say his ideal November was impossible?
10. In "Special Skills," how did Hill describe his ideal hunting companion and why?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)