|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill mostly wish for?
(a) More common sense.
(b) A second chance.
(c) More money.
(d) A better opportunity.
2. In "Duck Hunters' Wives," when did the duck hunters leave for hunting?
(a) 4:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
3. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say a fisherman must understand?
(a) His heart.
4. In "Unpacking Some Memories of Africa," what did Hill say his time in Africa freed him from?
(a) Emotional paralysis.
(b) Writer's block.
(c) A dissatisfaction with nature.
5. What did Hill lose in "Losing Things" ?
(b) All of these.
(d) Duck calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "No, I Have Not Thanked a Green Plant Today--I've Been Busy," what kind of argument did Hill say he would use against his opposition?
2. In "Too Many Leaders," what did Hill say he loved mastering?
3. In "The Dreamer," what did Hill say fishing was about?
4. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill list?
5. In "Some Other Time," what kind of painting was Hill admiring?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say fishing was about?
2. In "Losing Things," what did Hill say made it impossible to find things?
3. What was a Low Rod according to Hill?
4. In "The Unseen Egg," how did Hill say hunting and fishing differed from most other sports?
5. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill say ten year old boys were better than teenage boys?
6. In "Annual Report," what did Hill compare his wife to and why?
7. In "Lost", why would Hill not ask for directions when he needed them?
8. What did Hill say Jake had no patience for?
9. What was "Some Other Time" about?
10. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say a fisherman needed to realize?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)