|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," what did Hill say he wanted to catch and skin?
(a) An eel.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rabbit.
2. Who is "The Dreamer" about?
(a) The Angler.
(c) The Dreamer.
(d) The Idler.
3. In "Equipment Time," what did Hill say he felt going through his equipment was like?
(a) All of these.
(b) Organizing life mementos.
(c) Writing his biography.
(d) Cataloging his wealth.
4. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what did Hill say he was really hunting for?
(a) An inner peace.
(b) His purpose on earth.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) A way to contribute.
5. In "Once a Salmon Sang to Me," what was fishing compared to?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lost," what weakness did Hill reveal about himself?
2. What were the primal thoughts talked about in "The Unseen Egg"?
3. In "Some Things Never Change," what did Hill describe?
4. What was the tone of "Observations and Insights"?
5. What was the tree in "The Gentle Giant of Time" called?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Annual Report," what did Hill compare his wife to and why?
2. What was "Some Other Time" about?
3. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say fishing was about?
4. What was a Low Rod according to Hill?
5. What was "Time . . . And This Place" about?
6. What did Hill list in "I Wish I Had" ?
7. According to Hill, how did The Dreamer treat a fishing trip?
8. What was "Once a Salmon Sang to Me" about?
9. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what was the difference between the average hunter and the true hunter?
10. In "It's Not Just Fishing, It's Fate," what awed Hill about fishing?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)