|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Once a Salmon Sang to Me," who gave some advice on fishing?
(a) An angler.
(b) A salmon.
(d) The River.
2. In "Time . . . And This Place," what did Hill say hindered hunting in 1980?
(a) Strange ideas.
(b) Bad attitudes.
(c) Expensive weapons.
(d) Working conditions.
3. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what did Hill say people worshiped?
4. What was the tree in "The Gentle Giant of Time" called?
(a) The Owl Tree.
(b) The Shade Tree.
(c) The One Tree.
(d) The Giving Tree.
5. In "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths," what did Hill say was dangerous to children about the syndrome he talked about?
(a) They might stop parents from hunting.
(b) They might think dangerous animals were friendly.
(c) They might think dangerous terrain was passable.
(d) They might try to eat dangerous plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Our World Without Shotguns," what did Hill say would not be found on menus without the invention of the shotgun?
2. In "Lost," Hill said he would prefer to get lost rather than what?
3. In "Waterfowling," what did Hill say all good hunters had?
4. Why did Hill say he preferred an axe in "The Gentle Giant of Time" ?
5. In "Equipment Time," what did Hill say some people compared equipment to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Unseen Egg," how did Hill say hunting and fishing differed from most other sports?
2. How was "Waterfowling" different from Hill's other articles?
3. What was "Time . . . And This Place" about?
4. In "Lost", why would Hill not ask for directions when he needed them?
5. What was "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths" about?
6. How did Hill describe Martha, in "Duck Hunters' Wives"?
7. According to Hill, how did The Dreamer treat a fishing trip?
8. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill want to spend time with a young boy?
9. In "Wanted: Ten-Year-Old," why did Hill say ten year old boys were better than teenage boys?
10. In "Our World Without Shotguns," what did Hill say would not exist without shotguns?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)