|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bird was discussed in "Hammers"?
2. In "Horoscope Revisited," what did Hill say a Sagitarius liked to do before hunting?
(b) Gearing up.
3. In "Too Much and Not Enough," what did Hill say about dogs' lifespans?
(a) They were just right.
(b) They were always fulfilling.
(c) They were too long.
(d) They were too short.
4. In "Horoscopes," which sign did Hill say was too modest?
5. In "Another November Season," how did Hill say dogs knew the season had come?
(a) There was something in the air.
(b) They saw their owners preparing.
(c) They heard the bird calls.
(d) They smelled the birds.
6. What was wrong with Texas in November?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) It was too cloudy.
(c) It was too hot.
(d) It was too windy.
7. Who did Hill take with him on his Listening Walks?
(a) His dog.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His mind.
8. In "Too Much and Not Enough," Why did Hill say February was too long?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) He hated Valentine's Day.
(c) There were no school holidays.
(d) There was little hunting.
9. In "The Responsible Sportsman," how did Hill say success should be measured?
(a) Nice mentoring.
(c) Good manners.
(d) All of these.
10. What kind of fish was featured in "A Quieter Time"?
11. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," who did Hill give a eulogy to?
12. Where did Hill take his Listening Walks?
(a) The oceanside.
(b) The city.
(c) The woods.
(d) The country farms.
13. What did Hill like to hunt in November?
(b) All of these.
14. In "Horoscope Revisited," what sign did Hill say was a merchant's dream?
15. What did Hill revel in on his Listening Walks?
(a) The experience.
(b) His life.
(c) His power.
(d) The beauty of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Best and the Worst of It," where was the best fly caster from?
2. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say a hunter could replace crude oil?
3. In "A Matter of Gravity," what did Hill attribute to gravity?
4. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," what expense does Hill validate?
5. In "Mending Harness," what did Hill call the days he spent organizing his equipment?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)