|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Just After You Left . . .," what bird was featured?
(c) Wild turkey.
(d) Wood cock.
2. Why did Hill like November so much?
(a) His work load slowed down.
(b) It was the best hunting season.
(c) Only avid hunters were still hunting.
(d) It had Thanksgiving.
3. In "Horoscope Revisited," what sign did Hill say was a merchant's dream?
4. In "It's All Relative," what did Hill say it was silly to envy?
(a) What one never had.
(b) What would have negative affects.
(d) What is impossible.
5. Who was cast in a heroic light in "Dog Hair In Your Drink"?
(a) The hunting dog.
(b) The hunter.
(c) The hunter's wife.
(d) The hunter's children.
6. What was "Hammers" about?
7. In "The Responsible Sportsman," what sport did Hill say statistics could be useful in?
(b) All of these.
8. In "A Question of Statistics," how did Hill say a hunter could replace crude oil?
(a) Emptying their tanks.
(b) Shooting an oil reseve.
(c) Chewing tobacco.
(d) Greasing a turkey.
9. In "Why Is It. . .?," what was Hill wondering about?
(a) Why animals allowed themselves to be killed.
(b) Why God made him a hunter.
(c) Why people shunned hunters.
(d) Why man was made to kill.
10. In "Too Much and Not Enough," Why did Hill say February was too long?
(a) It was too cold.
(b) There were no school holidays.
(c) There was little hunting.
(d) He hated Valentine's Day.
11. In "Horoscopes," which sign did Hill say told tall tales?
12. In "Why Is It. . .?," what did Hill say he couldn't do without straining a muscle?
(a) Shoot a black powder rifle.
(b) Bring in a wide mouth bass.
(c) Sling a horse.
(d) Take a fishing rod apart.
13. In "Mending Harness," what kind of living did Hill say happened on the days he spent preparing his equipment?
(a) Far living.
(b) True living.
(c) Prep living.
(d) Close living.
14. Who did Hill take with him on his Listening Walks?
(a) His wife.
(b) His dog.
(c) His son.
(d) His mind.
15. In "Taking Turns," what did Hill say he feared most as a child?
(a) Getting eaten by a bear.
(b) Catching scarlet fever.
(c) His grandfather's ghost.
(d) Getting whipped by his dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hill get the bait he used in "A Quieter Time"?
2. In "It's All Relative," what kind of men did Hill say put their lives in their own hands?
3. In "A Matter of Privacy," what did Hill say people had suspicions about?
4. In "Annual Report (For Most Recent Fiscal Year)," what expense does Hill validate?
5. In "A Little Quicker," who did Hill say he would dedicate his win to?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)