|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Duck Hunters' Wives," when did the duck hunters leave for hunting?
(a) 2:00 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
2. When did Hill say "Annual Report" was submitted?
(a) Too long ago to remember.
(b) His youth.
(c) The beginning of his career.
(d) A bygone year.
3. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what did Hill say he was really hunting for?
(a) His purpose on earth.
(b) An inner peace.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) A way to contribute.
4. How did Hill describe his wife's attitude toward hunting?
5. Who did Hill say had the final decision on purchases in "Annual Report"?
(b) His editor.
(c) The Chairman.
(d) The business man.
6. In "Time . . . And This Place," how old were the people compared?
7. What was the tree in "The Gentle Giant of Time" called?
(a) The Owl Tree.
(b) The Shade Tree.
(c) The Giving Tree.
(d) The One Tree.
8. In "What Makes a Hunter?," what was being hunted?
9. In "The Dreamer," what did Hill compare a hunting trip to?
(a) A religious pilgrimage.
(b) An exodus.
(c) A school course.
(d) A dream.
10. In "Once a Salmon Sang to Me," what was fishing compared to?
11. In "Low Rod," what kind of fish was featured?
12. In "Duck Hunters' Wives," where did the ideal wife develop her sweet voice?
(a) Classical training.
(b) It came naturally.
(c) Church choir.
(d) Singing to children.
13. What was the format of "Waterfowling" ?
(a) A letter.
(b) Quarterly reports.
(c) Questions and answers.
(d) A memo.
14. In "Losing Things," what did Hill say made it hardest to find lost things?
(a) Needing them.
(b) Replacing them.
(c) Cursing them.
(d) Looking for them.
15. In "Equipment Time," what kind of equipment was Hill discussing?
(a) All of these.
(b) Fish hooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill say he wished he still had from his youth?
2. Who is "The Dreamer" about?
3. What kind of tree was featured in "The Gentle Giant of Time" ?
4. In "The Dreamer," when was a hunting trip prepared for?
5. In "Once a Salmon Sang to Me," what were the salmon doing?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)