|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Dreamer," what did Hill say fishing was about?
(a) The destination.
(b) The journey.
(c) The unity.
(d) The distinction.
2. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what did Hill say he was really hunting for?
(a) His purpose on earth.
(b) An inner peace.
(c) The meaning of life.
(d) A way to contribute.
3. In "Losing Things," what did Hill say made it hardest to find lost things?
(a) Replacing them.
(b) Looking for them.
(c) Cursing them.
(d) Needing them.
4. In "Some Other Time," what did Hill say was not accurate in the paintings he was admiring?
(a) The emotion.
(b) The perfect conditions.
(c) The terrain.
(d) The equipment shown.
5. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what did Hill say people worshiped?
6. In "Lost," Hill said he would prefer to get lost rather than what?
(a) Damaging his pride.
(b) Being crowded.
(c) Looking foolish.
(d) Being rushed.
7. What kind of tree was featured in "The Gentle Giant of Time" ?
8. What perspective was "Annual Report" written from?
(a) A sportsman's.
(b) A salesman's.
(c) A business man's.
(d) A bear's.
9. In "No, I Have Not Thanked a Green Plant Today--I've Been Busy," who was Hill berating?
(a) Careless hunters.
(d) All of these.
10. In "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths," what did syndrome did Hill talk about?
(a) Green Syndrome.
(b) Bambi Syndrome.
(c) Characterization Syndrome.
(d) Lassie Syndrome.
11. In "Unpacking Some Memories of Africa," how did Hill travel in the Savannah?
(a) All of these.
(b) In a truck.
(c) By foot.
(d) On a bus.
12. When did Hill say "Annual Report" was submitted?
(a) Too long ago to remember.
(b) His youth.
(c) A bygone year.
(d) The beginning of his career.
13. What were the primal thoughts talked about in "The Unseen Egg"?
(a) The circle of life.
(b) A man's first kill.
(c) When men survived by hunting.
(d) The moment when an animal dies.
14. In "The Dreamer," when was a hunting trip prepared for?
(a) Days in advance.
(b) Months in advance.
(c) Hours inadvance.
(d) Weeks in advance.
15. How did Hill describe his wife's attitude toward hunting?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Take a Grownup Fishing," what was Hill referring to?
2. In "Unpacking Some Memories of Africa," what did Hill say his time in Africa freed him from?
3. In "The Trapshooter's Code," what kind of equipment was most important to Hill when trapshooting?
4. In "Letter to an Angler," what did Hill say a fisherman must understand?
5. In "The Trapshooter's Code," what did Hill say could vastly change the conditions of trapshooting?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)