|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hill say "Annual Report" was submitted?
(a) His youth.
(b) A bygone year.
(c) Too long ago to remember.
(d) The beginning of his career.
2. In "Too Many Leaders," why did Hill say he had more fun than celebrity sportsmen?
(a) It wasn't a competition for him.
(b) It wasn't equatable for him.
(c) It wasn't a job for him.
(d) It wasn't easy for him.
3. In "Too Many Leaders," what did Hill say he loved mastering?
(a) Strange terrain.
(b) New equipment.
4. What did Hill lose in "Losing Things" ?
(a) Duck calls.
(c) All of these.
5. In "Time . . . And This Place," what did hunters in 1980 have to pay for lots of?
6. In "Our World Without Shotguns," what companies did Hill say would not exist without the invention of the shotgun?
(a) Park reservation companies.
(b) Hunting supply companies.
(c) Game preserving companies.
(d) Gun creation companies.
7. In "Losing Things," what did Hill say made it hardest to find lost things?
(a) Needing them.
(b) Cursing them.
(c) Replacing them.
(d) Looking for them.
8. In "Once a Salmon Sang to Me," what were the salmon doing?
9. In "Duck Hunters' Wives," when did the duck hunters leave for hunting?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 4:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 a.m.
10. What injured the tree in "The Gentle Giant of Time" ?
(a) A beetle infestation.
(b) A fungus.
(c) A lightening bolt.
(d) A cyclone.
11. In "It's Not Just Fishing, It's Fate," what did Hill say he felt while fishing?
12. In "Equipment Time," what did Hill say some people compared equipment to?
13. In "Once a Salmon Sang to Me," what was the fisherman thanked for?
(a) Preserving the habitat.
(b) Keeping the rivers clean.
(c) Honoring the fish.
(d) All of these.
14. In "Duck Hunters' Wives," how did the ideal wife get such a good complexion?
(a) Getting up early.
(b) Eating well.
(c) Always smiling.
(d) Working hard.
15. In "The Dreamer," what did Hill compare a hunting trip to?
(a) A religious pilgrimage.
(b) A dream.
(c) A school course.
(d) An exodus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hunter: Real and Rare," what did Hill say people worshiped?
2. In "Low Rod," what did Hill say all Low Rods would have?
3. In "No, I Have Not Thanked a Green Plant Today--I've Been Busy," what kind of argument did Hill say he would use against his opposition?
4. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill list?
5. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill say he wished he still had from his youth?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)