|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 139 - 159.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marked Jake's grave?
(a) A rose bush.
(b) A birch tree.
(c) A red fern.
(d) A white pine tree.
2. In "I Wish I Had," what did Hill list?
(a) His mistakes.
(b) His kills.
(c) His adventures.
(d) His equipments.
3. In "Bass Are Not Bucketmouths," what did Hill say was dangerous to children about the syndrome he talked about?
(a) They might think dangerous animals were friendly.
(b) They might think dangerous terrain was passable.
(c) They might stop parents from hunting.
(d) They might try to eat dangerous plants.
4. In "Some Things Never Change," what did Hill say is life at its most basic?
5. In "Take a Grownup Fishing," how did Hill describe the adults that should be taken fishing?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Once a Salmon Sang to Me," what was fishing compared to?
2. In "Duck Hunters' Wives," what was the name of the ideal wife?
3. What did Hill revel in on his Listening Walks?
4. What was the tree in "The Gentle Giant of Time" called?
5. In "Mending Harness," what did Hill call the days he spent organizing his equipment?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)