|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first visit home, what type of religious ceremony did Sacks attend with his family?
2. According to Kant, how does a man stand in relation to the world?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Four, what is the essence of William Harvey's questions?
4. How did Sacks's knee return to its full functionality?
5. When did scotoma overwhelm Sacks the most?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Sacks's opinion of his leg while it was in the cast? Why did he have this opinion? Given what he says about his second injury some ten years later, how might he have changed this errant perception of his left leg in a cast?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the world of the convalescent home. How did Sacks change and grow stronger here? What did he learn about himself? How did the convalescent home allow him to approach the world again?
Essay Topic 3
How did Sacks achieve the certainty which "bypassed the most complex mathematics" (Chapter Five, pg 121)? Was there any element of divinity in this certainty? How did this certainty relate to his idea of the world as a whole?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)