|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Previous to his accident, how did Sacks think things were accomplished in the world?
2. What happened to Sacks's writing style when he was forced to write with his left hand?
3. What was the name of the convalescent home where Sacks recovered?
4. What problem did Sacks find with Leontev and Zaporozhet's book?
5. What is the most important reason for the young painter's misery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On what did Sacks pin his hopes of recovery? How does this describe his mentality? How does it describe his attitude?
Essay Topic 2
As Sacks was being pressured to begin walking, what miracle occurred? How was this miracle the same thing he had been working toward since his accident?
Essay Topic 3
What vital support did the surgeon take away when he dismissed Sacks's concerns? When was this support returned? How did Sacks change his career so that he could give this particular support to the patients he treated?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)