Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the convalescent home, what did Sacks's first breakfast partner find amusing?
2. While watching the surgery on his right leg, what time does Sacks remember?
3. What was Sacks's general opinion about the patients in the convalescent home?
4. Previous to his accident, how did Sacks think things were accomplished in the world?
5. While under the spinal anesthesia, how did Sacks perceive his body?
Essay Topic 1
Note Dr. Swan's attitude toward Sacks's injury compared to Sacks's attitude. How do they differ? In Sacks's attitude toward his own injury, what are the elements of a physician? What are the elements of a patient? What does he think of Dr. Swan's professional opinion?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sacks use dialogue throughout the story? How is the dialogue divided among the people in his life? What are the varying tones of the dialogue? What does the use of dialogue contribute to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Sacks says that during his descent from the mountain, his awkward way of moving became natural (Chapter One, pg 10). He stopped thinking about it as the action became automatic. In what ways is this phenomenon exhibited throughout the book?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)