|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Previous to his accident, how did Sacks think things were accomplished in the world?
2. During his first visit home, what type of religious ceremony did Sacks attend with his family?
3. What is the most important reason for the young painter's misery?
4. Before he took a step, what visual problem did Sacks have?
5. What quality of Limbo is inherent in scotoma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What aspect of nature had Sacks forgotten about while he lay in his hospital bed? How does this compare to his previous lifestyle: hiking, swimming, etc?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the world of the convalescent home. How did Sacks change and grow stronger here? What did he learn about himself? How did the convalescent home allow him to approach the world again?
Essay Topic 3
What vital support did the surgeon take away when he dismissed Sacks's concerns? When was this support returned? How did Sacks change his career so that he could give this particular support to the patients he treated?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)