|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the cast was removed, Sacks gingerly touched his leg. How did it feel?
2. Why did Sacks sit looking out the window for hours on end?
3. In Montaigne's words, who is a true doctor?
4. What color did Head attribute to neurology?
5. How had Sacks tried to revive his left leg?
Essay Topic 1
Following the surgery, Sacks's spirit entered into the "dark night of the soul" (Chapter Three, pg 86). Find another example of this in literature and compare the two instances. Analyze personalities, situations, and reactions in order to understand both.
Essay Topic 2
What two distinctions did Sacks make for his attitudes while he was in Limbo? How were these distinctions borne out throughout his recovery (though he didn't allude to them so obviously after his time in Limbo)?
Essay Topic 3
Sacks says that during his descent from the mountain, his awkward way of moving became natural (Chapter One, pg 10). He stopped thinking about it as the action became automatic. In what ways is this phenomenon exhibited throughout the book?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)