|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While watching the surgery on his right leg, what time does Sacks remember?
2. What was the oddest thing that happened while Sacks's shoulder and arm were in a cast?
3. How many days did Sacks spend in limbo?
4. What was the name of the convalescent home where Sacks recovered?
5. As noted at the end of Chapter Three, what did Sacks begin to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does sight play in Sacks's story? When is his sight best and worst? What affects his sight? How do his eyes serve as symbols of his leg's injury and recovery?
Essay Topic 2
"We have art, in order that we may not perish from the truth" (Nietzsche, Chapter Three, pg 89). Why did Sacks believe this? How did he incorporate this idea into his recovery?
Essay Topic 3
As Sacks was being pressured to begin walking, what miracle occurred? How was this miracle the same thing he had been working toward since his accident?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)