Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the convalescent home, what did Sacks's first breakfast partner find amusing?
2. While watching the surgery on his right leg, what time does Sacks remember?
3. What was Sacks's general opinion about the patients in the convalescent home?
4. Previous to his accident, how did Sacks think things were accomplished in the world?
5. While under the spinal anesthesia, how did Sacks perceive his body?
What would have made the state of Limbo tolerable? What parts did the ideas of "hole" and "Hell" play in this state? Did scotoma lead to Limbo or explain it?
Write full personality sketches of these three people: Nurse Solveig, Dr. Swan, and Miss Preston. What role does each person play in the recovery? What is Sacks's opinion of each? In what ways does each person hinder or help Sacks?
How does Sacks describe his first ten minutes of walking again (Chapter Five, pgs 123-24)? How did this return him to the moment of humanity? How does this compare to Donne's quote at the beginning of Chapter Two?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)