|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Sacks give for hating any creature with health?
(a) After everything he went through, he deserved it.
(b) It was one step along the road to recovery.
(c) It was the sickness speaking.
(d) The healthy creatures could not understand him.
2. What instrument did Sacks have for listening to music?
(a) A small radio.
(b) An MP3 player.
(c) A clarinet.
(d) A record player.
3. What word does Nietzsche use to describe the feeling that convalescence brings?
4. In the convalescent home, what did Sacks's first breakfast partner find amusing?
(a) The irony of their respective leg injuries.
(b) Sacks' situation.
(c) The jokes of the serving nurses.
(d) Everything about the world.
5. What did Sacks hope to accomplish by reading Head's books?
(a) Understand how to prevent body alienation in the future.
(b) Learn the emotional intricacies of body alienation.
(c) Divert his thinking from his own past.
(d) Receive illumination about his experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. While under the spinal anesthesia, how did Sacks perceive his body?
2. At what moment did Sacks's leg "return" to his body?
3. What group of people did Weir Mitchell write about?
4. What colors were the Head books which Sacks bought?
5. As Sacks returned to his room, what was the weather like?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)