|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks did not attend the memorial service for W. H. Auden because he thought he was too weak to travel. Where was this service held?
(a) St. Martin-in-the-Field.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
2. What was the name of the convalescent home where Sacks recovered?
(a) Because his mental faculties are not engaged in the world around him.
(b) Because he is caught up in the intricacies of his disease.
(c) Because, if he has strong familial support, the world's shrinking does not matter.
(d) Because his frame of reference has also shrunk.
3. What instrument did Sacks have for listening to music?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) An MP3 player.
(c) A record player.
(d) A small radio.
4. In the hospital gardens, what set patients off from non-patients?
(a) Their demeanor of illness.
(b) Their various bandages and stitches.
(c) Their white hospital gowns.
(d) Their attitude toward other people.
5. What color did Head attribute to neurology?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it difficult for Sacks to proceed through the land of limbo?
2. In Montaigne's words, who is a true doctor?
3. Sacks was excited about buying books written by a man named Head. What was the author's first name?
4. What colors were the Head books which Sacks bought?
5. What happened to Sacks's writing style when he was forced to write with his left hand?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)