|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Sacks always liked to think of himself?
(a) As an explorer.
(b) As a humanitarian.
(c) As a risk-taker.
(d) As an inventor.
2. In the quote from St. John of the Cross in Chapter Three, where does the light guide the man?
(a) To the place of unconditional love.
(b) To peaceful darkness.
(c) To the place where God was waiting for him.
(d) To the place of eternal peace.
3. On one particular September morning, why did Sacks deeply enjoy lighting his pipe?
(a) He thought he had never before had the leisure to light one.
(b) The pipe fit into the scenery and his mood.
(c) He saw the pipe as a sign of returning health.
(d) He was a smoker.
4. When Sacks first entered into the field of neurology, what excited him most?
(a) The fact that he would not perform surgery anymore.
(b) The challenge of concepts and abstractions.
(c) The possibility for helping ill people.
(d) The challenge of learning the field.
5. Who, in Sacks's family, had worked closely with Head?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks did not attend the memorial service for W. H. Auden because he thought he was too weak to travel. Where was this service held?
2. Why was it difficult for Sacks to proceed through the land of limbo?
3. How must a person react to the abyss?
4. What happened to Sacks's writing style when he was forced to write with his left hand?
5. How much did Sacks walk the day after his second surgery?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)