|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Montaigne, Kant, and Einstein all agree that there is no substitute for what?
2. The day that Sacks moved out of his first hospital room, how far did he walk?
(a) A mile.
(b) He could not walk at all.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) Three blocks.
3. What colors were the Head books which Sacks bought?
(a) Yellow and purple.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Green and red.
(d) Red and white.
4. What color did Head attribute to neurology?
5. What was the name of the convalescent home where Sacks recovered?
(a) Because his frame of reference has also shrunk.
(b) Because he is caught up in the intricacies of his disease.
(c) Because, if he has strong familial support, the world's shrinking does not matter.
(d) Because his mental faculties are not engaged in the world around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in limbo, what feeling did Sacks have to allow, which he first found humiliating?
2. What word does Nietzsche use to describe the feeling that convalescence brings?
3. In the convalescent home, what did Sacks's first breakfast partner find amusing?
4. How does a person suffering from alienation of a limb think about that part of his body?
5. Once the cast was removed, Sacks gingerly touched his leg. How did it feel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)