|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sacks quote to illustrate his need for patient waiting?
(b) St. Christopher.
2. When Sacks gave thanks for his health and recovery, what was most important about that action?
(a) The deity to whom he addressed his thanks.
(b) The words he used to express his thoughts.
(c) The feeling of humility and gratefulness.
(d) The amount of thankfulness he actually felt.
3. Why did Sacks sit looking out the window for hours on end?
(a) He was tired of his hospital room.
(b) He was eager to see other people.
(c) He was starved to look at anything green.
(d) He was realizing how cut off from life he was.
4. How many days did Sacks spend in his small hospital room?
5. To what does Einstein compare creating a new theory?
(a) Building a skyscraper.
(b) Rediscovering the world.
(c) Tearing down a house to build a skyscraper.
(d) Climbing a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he took a step, what visual problem did Sacks have?
2. While watching the surgery on his right leg, what time does Sacks remember?
3. How did one of the surgical registrars refer to being a patient?
4. What is the most important reason for the young painter's misery?
5. Sacks had written to Luria explaining his accident and the subsequent alienation he felt. What was Luria's response?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)