|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the convalescent home, what did Sacks's first breakfast partner find amusing?
(a) Sacks' situation.
(b) The jokes of the serving nurses.
(c) Everything about the world.
(d) The irony of their respective leg injuries.
2. While watching the surgery on his right leg, what time does Sacks remember?
(a) His agonizing move down the mountain.
(b) His time in the Casting Room.
(c) Preparation for his first surgery.
(d) The moment he faced the bull.
3. What was Sacks's general opinion about the patients in the convalescent home?
(a) They were all smarter than the doctors.
(b) They were pretty knowledgeable about the world and their places in it.
(c) None of them had as compelling a story as he did.
(d) They were generally stupid and clueless.
4. Previous to his accident, how did Sacks think things were accomplished in the world?
(a) By love and understanding.
(b) By reason and will.
(c) By sheer willpower.
(d) By external impetus.
5. While under the spinal anesthesia, how did Sacks perceive his body?
(a) He had no upper half.
(b) His feet were far away.
(c) He terminated in the middle.
(d) His body was very thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in Sacks's family, had worked closely with Head?
2. What concerto did Sacks listen to on a cassette tape?
3. Previous to this injury, when Sacks had had electrical currents applied to his injured neck muscles, what happened?
4. At what moment did Sacks's leg "return" to his body?
5. Sacks did not attend the memorial service for W. H. Auden because he thought he was too weak to travel. Where was this service held?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)