|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vital change in the world happened once Sacks moved out of his first hospital room?
(a) He became part of a community again.
(b) He was intimidated by the vastness of the world.
(c) He felt distant from the other patients though he had expected to feel closer.
(d) He reinforced his individuality.
2. When Sacks talks about the hole in memory and identity, what is he referring to (Afterword, pg 200)?
(a) A hole in the higher-order consciousness.
(b) A hole in his sense of selfhood.
(c) A hole in the primary consciousness.
(d) A hole in his subconscious understanding of the world.
3. To what does Einstein compare creating a new theory?
(a) Rediscovering the world.
(b) Climbing a mountain.
(c) Building a skyscraper.
(d) Tearing down a house to build a skyscraper.
4. What important concept did Sacks find in Kant's writing?
(a) A living concept of time and space.
(b) A vivid concept of the body-ego connection.
(c) A modern concept of personhood.
(d) A traditional concept of man's relation to the world.
5. What problem did Sacks find with Leontev and Zaporozhet's book?
(a) The book was not written cohesively.
(b) The authors did not interview enough patients.
(c) The authors did not move beyond systematic analysis.
(d) The authors did not analyze the data they created.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Head attribute to neurology?
2. For people with hemi-inattention, what does "anosognosis" mean?
3. What colors were the Head books which Sacks bought?
4. As the Sister took the stitches out of Sacks's leg, what did he think?
5. How many days did Sacks spend in limbo?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)