|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sacks's knee return to its full functionality?
(a) He stopped thinking about its physical movements.
(b) He walked one mile a day.
(c) He was challenged to swim.
(d) He went through one week of therapy.
2. What problem did Sacks find with Leontev and Zaporozhet's book?
(a) The book was not written cohesively.
(b) The authors did not analyze the data they created.
(c) The authors did not interview enough patients.
(d) The authors did not move beyond systematic analysis.
3. While watching the surgery on his right leg, what time does Sacks remember?
(a) His time in the Casting Room.
(b) Preparation for his first surgery.
(c) The moment he faced the bull.
(d) His agonizing move down the mountain.
4. How did one of the surgical registrars refer to being a patient?
(a) As a long trek into the light.
(b) As an opportunity.
(c) As a test of patience.
(d) As a pilgrimage.
5. Whom does Sacks quote to illustrate his need for patient waiting?
(d) St. Christopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. When moving out of his tiny hospital room, why did Sacks see the world as two-dimensional?
2. What group of people did Weir Mitchell write about?
3. As the Sister took the stitches out of Sacks's leg, what did he think?
4. During his recovery, what did Sacks decide was the most important thing of all?
5. Once he began walking again, what time had arrived for Sacks?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)