|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did Sacks spend in limbo?
2. What colors were the Head books which Sacks bought?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Green and red.
(c) Yellow and purple.
(d) Red and white.
3. Following the book fair, why did Sacks take the slow train from Boston to New York?
(a) He wanted to begin reading Head's books.
(b) He did not have enough money for the faster train.
(c) He had to kill time before an evening appointment.
(d) He wanted to enjoy life at a slow pace.
4. Previous to his accident, how did Sacks think things were accomplished in the world?
(a) By external impetus.
(b) By love and understanding.
(c) By reason and will.
(d) By sheer willpower.
5. Before Sacks's cast was taken off, what did he dream that it was filled with?
(a) Joy and concerto music.
(b) Air or rotting bones.
(c) A lacerated leg.
(d) Someone else's leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two sounds was Sacks caught between?
2. What was the name of the convalescent home where Sacks recovered?
3. When did Sacks suffer his second fall?
4. Following his second fall, how long did Sacks wait before surgery was performed
5. On one particular September morning, why did Sacks deeply enjoy lighting his pipe?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)