|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sacks's general opinion about the patients in the convalescent home?
(a) They were all smarter than the doctors.
(b) They were pretty knowledgeable about the world and their places in it.
(c) They were generally stupid and clueless.
(d) None of them had as compelling a story as he did.
2. Why was it so difficult for Sacks to take the first step?
(a) He could not get his sense of balance.
(b) He felt that the physiotherapists were pressuring him.
(c) He had forgotten how to walk.
(d) His feet felt too heavy to lift.
3. How has Sacks always liked to think of himself?
(a) As a risk-taker.
(b) As an inventor.
(c) As a humanitarian.
(d) As an explorer.
4. Sacks was excited about buying books written by a man named Head. What was the author's first name?
5. What quality of Limbo is inherent in scotoma?
(c) No physical placement in space.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day that Sacks moved out of his first hospital room, how far did he walk?
2. What concerto did Sacks listen to on a cassette tape?
3. What instrument did Sacks have for listening to music?
4. Following the book fair, why did Sacks take the slow train from Boston to New York?
5. When moving out of his tiny hospital room, why did Sacks see the world as two-dimensional?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)