|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the quote about patient waiting, why must the person not think?
(a) He must combine hope and thought.
(b) He must combine love and thought.
(c) He is not strong enough for thought.
(d) He is not ready for thought.
2. While under the spinal anesthesia, how did Sacks perceive his body?
(a) He terminated in the middle.
(b) His feet were far away.
(c) He had no upper half.
(d) His body was very thin.
3. What was Sacks's general opinion about the patients in the convalescent home?
(a) They were all smarter than the doctors.
(b) They were generally stupid and clueless.
(c) They were pretty knowledgeable about the world and their places in it.
(d) None of them had as compelling a story as he did.
4. What did Sacks hope to accomplish by reading Head's books?
(a) Divert his thinking from his own past.
(b) Receive illumination about his experiences.
(c) Understand how to prevent body alienation in the future.
(d) Learn the emotional intricacies of body alienation.
5. During his recovery, what did Sacks decide was the most important thing of all?
Short Answer Questions
1. The day that Sacks moved out of his first hospital room, how far did he walk?
2. Why were the set times and limits at the convalescent home important?
3. What important concept did Sacks find in Kant's writing?
4. At what moment did Sacks's leg "return" to his body?
5. What escapade did Sacks try to pull during his last night in the hospital?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)