|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Previous to this injury, when Sacks had had electrical currents applied to his injured neck muscles, what happened?
(a) His neck muscles immediately relaxed.
(b) His neck muscles had remained tense and nearly immobile.
(c) He felt shooting pains in his back.
(d) He had the undeniable impulse to shrug.
2. What group of people did Weir Mitchell write about?
(a) Healthy Korean veterans.
(b) Wounded WWII veterans.
(c) Wounded Civil War veterans.
(d) The patients in his New York clinic.
3. How much did Sacks walk the day after his second surgery?
(a) Not at all.
(b) Half a dozen steps.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) Half the length of the hospital hallway.
4. What colors were the Head books which Sacks bought?
(a) Red and white.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Yellow and purple.
(d) Green and red.
5. Why was it so difficult for Sacks to take the first step?
(a) His feet felt too heavy to lift.
(b) He had forgotten how to walk.
(c) He could not get his sense of balance.
(d) He felt that the physiotherapists were pressuring him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Sacks returned to his room, what was the weather like?
2. Who, in Sacks's family, had worked closely with Head?
3. The day that Sacks moved out of his first hospital room, how far did he walk?
4. Following the book fair, why did Sacks take the slow train from Boston to New York?
5. Sacks did not attend the memorial service for W. H. Auden because he thought he was too weak to travel. Where was this service held?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)