|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sacks's knee return to its full functionality?
(a) He stopped thinking about its physical movements.
(b) He went through one week of therapy.
(c) He was challenged to swim.
(d) He walked one mile a day.
2. According to Sacks, what was "the only proper posture of the soul at this time" (Chapter Three, pg 113)?
(c) Action and prayer.
(d) Passivity and patience.
3. What group of people did Weir Mitchell write about?
(a) Healthy Korean veterans.
(b) Wounded Civil War veterans.
(c) Wounded WWII veterans.
(d) The patients in his New York clinic.
4. While under the spinal anesthesia, how did Sacks perceive his body?
(a) His body was very thin.
(b) He had no upper half.
(c) His feet were far away.
(d) He terminated in the middle.
5. Why was Sacks sent to a convalescent home before going home?
(a) He was not strong enough to go home.
(b) Patients had to be reacclimated to the world.
(c) His family did not think he was ready to come home.
(d) He could not bear the idea of reentering the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sacks find beauty as well as fear in darkness?
2. Why was it so difficult for Sacks to take the first step?
3. What was the oddest thing that happened while Sacks's shoulder and arm were in a cast?
4. To what does Sacks compare the coming revolution in neurology?
5. Who, in Sacks's family, had worked closely with Head?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)