|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did Sacks spend in limbo?
2. What group of people did Weir Mitchell write about?
(a) Wounded WWII veterans.
(b) Wounded Civil War veterans.
(c) The patients in his New York clinic.
(d) Healthy Korean veterans.
3. In the hospital gardens, what set patients off from non-patients?
(a) Their demeanor of illness.
(b) Their various bandages and stitches.
(c) Their white hospital gowns.
(d) Their attitude toward other people.
4. Previous to his accident, how did Sacks think things were accomplished in the world?
(a) By reason and will.
(b) By love and understanding.
(c) By sheer willpower.
(d) By external impetus.
5. Why did Sacks refer to the doctor's visits as "odious" (Chapter Six, pg 159)?
(a) He had to play the part of the accepting, passive patient.
(b) The doctor was unusually harsh with him.
(c) He did not trust or like the doctor.
(d) He preferred to be the doctor as the patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do we understand the concepts of time and space?
2. What important concept did Sacks find in Kant's writing?
3. According to Kant, how does a man stand in relation to the world?
4. According to Head, when dealing with body alienation, what is of "fundamental importance" (Chapter Seven, pg 200)?
5. What is Hannah Arendt's idea about the space without time?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)