|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he fell, what story did Sacks recall the villagers telling him?
(a) A Scotsman had died on exposure on the mountain exactly one year previously.
(b) A Pole had been gored by the bull and bled to death.
(c) An Englishman had died on the mountain two weeks earlier.
(d) An Englishman had broken both legs on the mountain earlier, though he survived.
2. What instrument did Sacks have for listening to music?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) An MP3 player.
(c) A small radio.
(d) A record player.
3. Where did Sacks's accident occur?
(a) In the Swiss Alps.
(b) On a mountain in Norway.
(c) In the hills of Germany.
(d) On a mountain in Finland.
4. What was Luria's response to Sacks's story?
(a) Such effects are widely studied in the medical field.
(b) Fascinating but not completely useful to modern doctors.
(c) Such effects often happen but the stories are not told.
(d) Such effects rarely ever occur.
5. How does Sack describe his thoughts during the first moments of standing again?
(a) He was too excited to remember his thoughts.
(b) The world was again possible.
(c) He was entering the world of the patient from the world of the dead.
(d) His life had been recreated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Nietzsche use to describe the feeling that convalescence brings?
2. To what did Sacks's various thoughts and themes eventually lead in the end?
3. Sacks did not attend the memorial service for W. H. Auden because he thought he was too weak to travel. Where was this service held?
4. How long had Sacks been traveling when he came to the swollen stream?
5. The day that Sacks moved out of his first hospital room, how far did he walk?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)