|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and Afterword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night after his surgery, what was the first of Sacks's nightmares?
(a) He was running from the bull but could not move anywhere.
(b) His injured leg was made of marble and he could not lift it.
(c) He was again on the Mountain and his leg had lost all its nerves.
(d) He was being trampled by a fish with hooves.
2. What was Sacks's general opinion about the patients in the convalescent home?
(a) They were generally stupid and clueless.
(b) They were pretty knowledgeable about the world and their places in it.
(c) They were all smarter than the doctors.
(d) None of them had as compelling a story as he did.
3. When moving out of his tiny hospital room, why did Sacks see the world as two-dimensional?
(a) His vision reflected his changed thinking.
(b) His field of vision had shrunk.
(c) The denervation process had also affected his eyes.
(d) The denervation process had affected only his left eye.
4. Following his second fall, how long did Sacks wait before surgery was performed
(a) Three hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Two hours.
5. Why was Sacks grateful to Dr. Henry Fleck?
(a) The doctor performed electrical studies on Sack's damaged leg.
(b) The doctor's book was influential in Sacks' understanding of himself.
(c) The doctor provided valuable support during therapy.
(d) The doctor first explained Sacks' body-ego alienation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to escape being caught on the mountain all night, what was the latest possible time Sacks could reach help?
2. If an outsider were to observe the patients at the convalescent home, what would he have seen?
3. How many days did Sacks spend in limbo?
4. When did Sacks begin writing to Luria?
5. What book does Sacks plan to write in the future?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)