|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Sacks have for listening to music?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A small radio.
(c) An MP3 player.
(d) A record player.
2. What does Sacks think of when he remembers the Biblical words, "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A time to be born, and a time or die; a time . . ." (pg 26)?
(a) His wife's untimely death.
(b) The futility of life.
(c) The waste of good health and energy.
(d) His patients who were prepared for death.
3. What was the public reaction to Sacks's first article about his leg?
(b) He does not say.
4. When did Sacks begin writing to Luria?
5. What was the name of the surgeon who performed Sacks's knee surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Sacks think about his injury before he began writing about it?
2. What quality of Limbo is inherent in scotoma?
3. According to Sacks, why does he not end his story after his rescue?
4. Sacks references a chapter in Luria's book The Man with a Shattered World that profoundly affected his thoughts about recovery. What was the name of this chapter?
5. Shortly after the sun set, what extraordinary auditory experience did Sacks have?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)