|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to escape being caught on the mountain all night, what was the latest possible time Sacks could reach help?
(a) Nine o'clock PM.
(b) Ten o'clock PM.
(c) Eight o'clock PM.
(d) Six o'clock PM.
2. What language was the sign "BEWARE OF THE BULL!" written in?
3. After realizing that he was the victim of the fall, what did Sacks do?
(a) Lay down and tried to think what he should do.
(b) Gave himself a pep talk in an attempt to begin moving.
(c) Looked at the leg as though he did not recognize it.
(d) Examined the injured leg as though he were explaining it to a class.
4. What was Sacks doing when he was finally able to piece together his thoughts?
(a) Driving from Washington, D.C. to Boston.
(b) Riding a train from Philadelphia to New York.
(c) Riding in a car from Annapolis to New York.
(d) Riding a train from Boston to New York.
5. Shortly after the sun set, what extraordinary auditory experience did Sacks have?
(a) He could hear the movement of the plants around him.
(b) He could hear every living creature in the area.
(c) He could no longer hear himself.
(d) He could not hear anything outside himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Sacks so happy that he could do fifty chin-ups?
2. What is the essential idea of Thomas Mann's quote?
3. How long had Sacks been traveling when he came to the swollen stream?
4. Who came up with the phrase "quickening art" which described Sacks's use of music to move down the mountain?
5. What vital support did the surgeon take away when he dismissed Sacks's concerns?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)