|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sacks describe the six-hour ambulance ride to the next hospital?
(a) Like death.
(b) Like the embodiment of hope.
(c) Like resurrection.
(d) Like a dream.
2. Following the surgery, how did Sacks's cast fit his leg?
(a) He could put two fingers between his leg and the cas.
(b) The leg was horribly swollen in the cast.
(c) He could put his entire fist between his leg and the cast.
(d) The leg fit nearly perfectly in the cast.
3. What was the name of the physiotherapist?
(a) Miss Blanche.
(b) Miss Prestar.
(c) Miss Preston.
(d) Mrs. Preston.
4. What was the date when Sacks climbed the mountain?
(a) The 23rd.
(b) The 18th.
(c) The 7th.
(d) The 24th.
5. To what did Sacks's various thoughts and themes eventually lead in the end?
(a) A critique of modern neurological medicine.
(b) A deeper understanding of the patient-doctor relationship.
(c) A personal, religious faith.
(d) A reaffirmation of modern neurological medicin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Sacks plan to write in the future?
2. Essentially, why could Sacks not tense up the quadriceps?
3. While waiting for villagers to arrive and take him to the hospital, how did Sacks feel?
4. Why did the staff nurse laugh at Sacks when he arrived in his room?
5. What analogy does Sacks refer to as he draws the relationship between science and art?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)