|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Sacks's various thoughts and themes eventually lead in the end?
(a) A reaffirmation of modern neurological medicin.
(b) A critique of modern neurological medicine.
(c) A deeper understanding of the patient-doctor relationship.
(d) A personal, religious faith.
2. What name did Sacks give his windowless hospital room?
(a) Little Ease.
(b) The Monad.
(c) Big Ease.
(d) The Tower.
3. What emotion did Sacks see several times on the unguarded face of the physiotherapist?
4. What analogy does Sacks refer to as he draws the relationship between science and art?
(a) Archimedes' bathtub.
(b) Galileo's earth.
(c) Einstein's theory of relativity.
(d) Newton's apple.
5. Why was Sacks grateful to Dr. Henry Fleck?
(a) The doctor's book was influential in Sacks' understanding of himself.
(b) The doctor provided valuable support during therapy.
(c) The doctor first explained Sacks' body-ego alienation.
(d) The doctor performed electrical studies on Sack's damaged leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Sacks think about his injury before he began writing about it?
2. To what poor instrument did Sacks compare his injured leg?
3. How does Sacks describe the six-hour ambulance ride to the next hospital?
4. What book of the Bible does Sacks quote at the beginning of Chapter Three?
5. What was the occasion for this book?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)