|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What analogy does Sacks use to describe his left leg's failure during therapy?
(a) A cliff with an impossibly smooth face.
(b) A car with an empty gas tank.
(c) A city with deserted streets.
(d) A flat pasture with lazy cows.
2. The night after his surgery, what was the first of Sacks's nightmares?
(a) He was again on the Mountain and his leg had lost all its nerves.
(b) He was being trampled by a fish with hooves.
(c) He was running from the bull but could not move anywhere.
(d) His injured leg was made of marble and he could not lift it.
3. In what publication did Sacks's first article about his injury appear?
(a) Atlantic Monthly.
(b) New York Times.
(c) New York Times Book Review.
(d) London Review of Books.
4. What town's hospital was Sacks taken to first?
5. What did Sacks think about as he moved down the mountain?
(a) What little time he had left to live.
(b) The most heart-wrenching moments of his life.
(c) Happy memories and times.
(d) His father's vegetable garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to escape being caught on the mountain all night, what was the latest possible time Sacks could reach help?
2. What vital support did the surgeon take away when he dismissed Sacks's concerns?
3. What book does Sacks plan to write in the future?
4. What other word is connoted by the word "hell"?
5. Sacks climbed a particular stretch of ground in just over an hour. How long did it take him to descend this same stretch?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)