|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Sacks wait before villagers carried him to the hospital?
(a) Less than two hours.
(b) Nearly six hours.
(c) Less than four hours.
(d) Half an hour.
2. What would make the state of limbo tolerable?
(a) The knowledge of an end to this state.
(b) The concern of a fellow person in limbo.
(c) The ability to communicate with others.
(d) The ability to examine one's own thoughts.
3. How long did it take Sacks to reach the final understanding of his various thoughts?
(a) Half a year.
(b) Nearly a decade.
(c) Several years.
(d) One year.
4. What would happen if Sacks were not found by nightfall?
(a) He would most likely go crazy.
(b) He would die of blood loss.
(c) He would freeze to death.
(d) The bull would trample him to death.
5. What was the occasion for this book?
(a) An accident with peculiar effects.
(b) The study of an unusual patient.
(c) An accident with expected effects.
(d) Reading a book about an unusual patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Sacks model his own book after?
2. What does the word scotoma mean?
3. What time of day did Sacks awake from his feverish delirium?
4. What book of the Bible does Sacks quote at the beginning of Chapter Three?
5. What was the first exercise that Sacks tried to do with the physiotherapist?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)