|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sacks feel as he was being admitted to the hospital?
(a) That he was losing his humanity and individuality.
(b) That he was finally reaching a place of hope.
(c) That he was reaching the purity of non-being.
(d) That he was approaching the gallows.
2. What was the date when Sacks climbed the mountain?
(a) The 24th.
(b) The 7th.
(c) The 23rd.
(d) The 18th.
3. Where did Sacks's accident occur?
(a) On a mountain in Finland.
(b) On a mountain in Norway.
(c) In the Swiss Alps.
(d) In the hills of Germany.
4. What other word is connoted by the word "hell"?
5. The night before the operation, Sacks called up his family and friends. What did he tell them could happen if he were to die during the operation?
(a) His property should be auctioned off.
(b) They could publish anything from his notebooks that they saw fit.
(c) His property should be divided fairly among his family.
(d) His valuable property should be donated to charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Sacks plan to write in the future?
2. What emotion did Sacks see several times on the unguarded face of the physiotherapist?
3. Who wrote the book which was the model for Sacks's own book?
4. What vital support did the surgeon take away when he dismissed Sacks's concerns?
5. What would happen if Sacks were not found by nightfall?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)