|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface and Acknowledgements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What analogy does Sacks refer to as he draws the relationship between science and art?
(a) Archimedes' bathtub.
(b) Galileo's earth.
(c) Einstein's theory of relativity.
(d) Newton's apple.
2. When was Studies in Neurology published?
3. What word does Luria use to describe the modern approach to peripheral disorders?
4. When did Sacks write the preface to the book?
5. Who inspired and encouraged Sacks to finish his book?
(a) His editors.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sacks begin writing to Luria?
2. Where did Sacks finish writing his book?
3. What book does Sacks plan to write in the future?
4. As Sacks notes at the beginning of the Acknowledgments, what has he done since his injury?
5. Who has written about the "occasions of poetry" (pg 9)?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)