|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Essentially, why could Sacks not tense up the quadriceps?
(a) He had forgotten how.
(b) The muscle was completely wasted away.
(c) His brain could not communicate with either leg.
(d) His tendon had not been fully reconnected.
2. How did one of the surgical registrars refer to being a patient?
(a) As a long trek into the light.
(b) As a test of patience.
(c) As a pilgrimage.
(d) As an opportunity.
3. In order to escape being caught on the mountain all night, what was the latest possible time Sacks could reach help?
(a) Six o'clock PM.
(b) Ten o'clock PM.
(c) Nine o'clock PM.
(d) Eight o'clock PM.
4. What would happen if Sacks were not found by nightfall?
(a) The bull would trample him to death.
(b) He would die of blood loss.
(c) He would freeze to death.
(d) He would most likely go crazy.
5. Sacks had written to Luria explaining his accident and the subsequent alienation he felt. What was Luria's response?
(a) Luria did not understand Sacks' experience.
(b) Sacks' experience was odd but worth writing about.
(c) Sacks' experience was unique.
(d) Sacks was opening a new medical field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sacks refer to the doctor's visits as "odious" (Chapter Six, pg 159)?
2. How did Sacks descend the mountain?
3. How old was Sacks when he discovered the beauty of the world through the Pythagorean theorem?
4. What vital support did the surgeon take away when he dismissed Sacks's concerns?
5. Who came up with the phrase "quickening art" which described Sacks's use of music to move down the mountain?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)