|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the convalescent home where Sacks recovered?
(a) Because his frame of reference has also shrunk.
(b) Because his mental faculties are not engaged in the world around him.
(c) Because he is caught up in the intricacies of his disease.
(d) Because, if he has strong familial support, the world's shrinking does not matter.
2. What instrument did Sacks have for listening to music?
(a) An MP3 player.
(b) A record player.
(c) A clarinet.
(d) A small radio.
3. During his recovery, what did Sacks decide was the most important thing of all?
4. Sacks climbed a particular stretch of ground in just over an hour. How long did it take him to descend this same stretch?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Nearly seven hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
5. What question did Sacks want to ask the surgeon before surgery?
(a) Whether he could have someone photograph the surgery.
(b) Whether he could have a general anesthesia.
(c) Whether he could have a spinal anesthesia.
(d) Whether he could drink a little water first.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in limbo, what feeling did Sacks have to allow, which he first found humiliating?
2. What would happen if Sacks were not found by nightfall?
3. When the father and his son rescued Sacks, what had they been doing just a moment before?
4. What is the title of Chapter One?
5. How has Sacks written the book A Leg to Stand On?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)