|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question did Sacks want to ask the surgeon before surgery?
(a) Whether he could have a general anesthesia.
(b) Whether he could have a spinal anesthesia.
(c) Whether he could have someone photograph the surgery.
(d) Whether he could drink a little water first.
2. What two sounds was Sacks caught between?
(a) The song of the earth and the silence of man.
(b) The tunelessness of man and the melody of woman.
(c) The tune of man and the din of hell.
(d) The silence of hell and the cry of man.
3. What was the name of the physiotherapist?
(a) Mrs. Preston.
(b) Miss Prestar.
(c) Miss Preston.
(d) Miss Blanche.
4. What would happen if Sacks were not found by nightfall?
(a) He would most likely go crazy.
(b) The bull would trample him to death.
(c) He would freeze to death.
(d) He would die of blood loss.
5. How does Sacks describe the six-hour ambulance ride to the next hospital?
(a) Like a dream.
(b) Like death.
(c) Like resurrection.
(d) Like the embodiment of hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sacks, what was "the only proper posture of the soul at this time" (Chapter Three, pg 113)?
2. What is the essential idea of Thomas Mann's quote?
3. What did Sacks think about as he moved down the mountain?
4. In order to escape being caught on the mountain all night, what was the latest possible time Sacks could reach help?
5. In the hospital gardens, what set patients off from non-patients?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)