|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inspired and encouraged Sacks to finish his book?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His editors.
(d) His best friend.
2. In order to escape being caught on the mountain all night, what was the latest possible time Sacks could reach help?
(a) Six o'clock PM.
(b) Eight o'clock PM.
(c) Nine o'clock PM.
(d) Ten o'clock PM.
3. What did Sacks hope to see when he reached the mountain's summit?
(a) The temple at the top.
(b) The bull that lived there.
(c) A good view of the surrounding mountains.
(d) A good view of the city.
4. Who wrote the book which was the model for Sacks's own book?
5. Who has written about the "occasions of poetry" (pg 9)?
(a) T. S. Eliot.
(b) Admiral Nelson.
(c) Thomas Gunn.
(d) William Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter One?
2. When the father and his son rescued Sacks, what had they been doing just a moment before?
3. While waiting for villagers to arrive and take him to the hospital, how did Sacks feel?
4. What did not occur to Sacks until he injured his leg?
5. When did Sacks begin writing to Luria?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)