Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Grandma Deal live after moving in with Abbie?
2. What begins in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
4. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
5. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the historical context of the novel. What major events were taking place during the time period in which this novel is set? How do these real events affect the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character Will Deal. Who is Will Deal and what are his defining character traits? How does he influence the life of the protagonist, Abbie Deal? Is he a good husband and father? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "A Lantern in her Hand." Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not? Is the conclusion a happy one? Are there any unanswered questions? Would you change anything?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)