Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Grandma Deal live after moving in with Abbie?
2. What begins in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
4. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
5. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "A Lantern in her Hand." Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not? Is the conclusion a happy one? Are there any unanswered questions? Would you change anything?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of sacrifice in the novel, "A Lantern in her Hand." What are some examples of sacrifice in the novel? What does Abbie sacrifice for her husband and children?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the dream versus reality motif in the novel. What does Abbie sacrifice her dreams for? Why might her dreams have been difficult for her to achieve? How does life get in the way of Abbie's dream?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)