Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Grandma Deal live after moving in with Abbie?
2. What begins in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
4. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
5. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel, "A Lantern in her Hand." Describe the families of both Will and Abbie. How do these families affect Abbie's life? Why is Abbie's family unhappy with her marriage to Will?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of survival in the novel. Why do Abbie and her family struggle to survive during their first few years in Nebraska? How do they handle this burden? Who helps them along the way? What character traits of Abbie's help her during this time?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of sacrifice in the novel, "A Lantern in her Hand." What are some examples of sacrifice in the novel? What does Abbie sacrifice for her husband and children?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)