|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will do in 1880?
(a) Digs a cellar.
(b) Builds a barn.
(c) Fences in the Deal farm.
(d) Buys two cows.
2. What does Abbie name her daughter in Chapter 20?
3. Why doesn't Will want Mack to move away?
(a) Will worries about Mack's health.
(b) Will wants Mack to inherit the farm.
(c) Will wants his children to stay in Nebraska.
(d) Will doesn't think Mack will find a job.
4. What begins in Chapter 28?
(a) The Mexican-American War..
(b) The Philippine-American War.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War I.
5. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Military school.
(c) Law school.
(d) Art school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do in Chapter 27?
2. What does John start to do in Chapter 21?
3. Who throws a party for Abbie in Chapter 26?
4. How old is Abbie in Chapter 27?
5. What does the group Will belong to in Chapter 19 accomplish?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, where does Abbie plan to go? Why does she postpone her trip?
2. What does Abbie decide to do since everyone else is pursuing their dreams?
3. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
4. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
5. What group is Will involved with in Chapter 19?
6. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
7. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
8. What does Mack do when he is seventeen years old?
9. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
10. When planning a party for Abbie, what is Grace shocked by?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)