|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace do for a living?
(a) She is an architect.
(b) She is a politician.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a professor.
2. In Chapter 18, how long has it been since Abbie last went to Iowa?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. Why doesn't Will want Mack to move away?
(a) Will worries about Mack's health.
(b) Will doesn't think Mack will find a job.
(c) Will wants Mack to inherit the farm.
(d) Will wants his children to stay in Nebraska.
4. What does Abbie name the child she has in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) For a stay in the hospital.
(b) To attend a reunion.
(c) To welcome a grandchild.
(d) To sight-see.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mack find a job?
2. What does Grace refuse to do in her life?
3. What begins in Chapter 28?
4. What conflict begins in Chapter 24?
5. What does Abbie do when she falls on hard times in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins in Chapter 24 and how does it affect the Deal family?
2. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
3. What does Abbie decide to do since everyone else is pursuing their dreams?
4. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
5. Why does Abbie sell off much of the Deal land in Chapter 25?
6. How does John feel about running the farm?
7. What is Eloise Wentworth like?
8. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16? What does this remind Abbie of?
9. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
10. What happens when Will tells Abbie about a local teacher offering art lessons?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)