|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
(c) None of them.
2. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
(a) Creates art.
3. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
4. What begins in Chapter 28?
(a) The Philippine-American War.
(b) The Mexican-American War..
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
5. How old is Grace in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group Will belong to in Chapter 19 accomplish?
2. What does John want to do in life?
3. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
4. How are Abbie's friends best described?
5. What do John and Eloise name their son?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, where does Abbie plan to go? Why does she postpone her trip?
2. What begins in Chapter 24 and how does it affect the Deal family?
3. What does Mack do when he is seventeen years old?
4. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do when Abbie reaches her seventies?
5. What does Will assure Abbie of when they talk about death? Where does Will die?
6. What happens when Will tells Abbie about a local teacher offering art lessons?
7. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
8. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
9. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
10. What amuses Abbie about Eloise's parenting?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)