|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
2. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) For a stay in the hospital.
(b) To welcome a grandchild.
(c) To sight-see.
(d) To attend a reunion.
3. What is John's personality like?
4. How are Abbie's friends best described?
(a) As salt-of-the-earth.
(b) As snobbish.
(c) As bumpkins.
(d) As sophisticated.
5. Who volunteers to fight in the conflict in Chapter 24?
(c) Fred Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Eloise name their son?
2. What does Abbie write in Chapter 22?
3. What forces the children to miss school in Chapter 17?
4. What natural disaster strikes in 1880?
5. What does John want to do in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
2. What is Eloise Wentworth like?
3. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
4. When planning a party for Abbie, what is Grace shocked by?
5. What does Abbie think of the results of her writing efforts?
6. In Chapter 19, where does Abbie plan to go? Why does she postpone her trip?
7. What happens when Will tells Abbie about a local teacher offering art lessons?
8. What does Mack do when he is seventeen years old?
9. Why does Abbie sell off much of the Deal land in Chapter 25?
10. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do when Abbie reaches her seventies?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)