|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mack go when his is seventeen?
(a) Des Moines.
2. What money is used to buy the piano?
(a) The money Doc Matthews paid for Will to go to war.
(b) The money Mack sent his grandmother for her birthday.
(c) The money Grandma Deal won from gambling.
(d) The money that came from Will's savings bonds.
3. Where does Will die?
(a) In his easy chair.
(b) In the farmyard.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) In his truck.
4. What does Isabelle announce toward the end of Chapter 24?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she will not have children.
(c) That she is getting married.
(d) That she is moving abroad.
5. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mack and Emma name their third child?
2. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
3. What is purchased for Isabelle in Chapter 23?
4. What do Abbie and John discuss in Chapter 21?
5. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
2. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
3. What does Mack do when he is seventeen years old?
4. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
5. What does Will assure Abbie of when they talk about death? Where does Will die?
6. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
7. How does Christine help Abbie in Chapter 20?
8. What begins in Chapter 24 and how does it affect the Deal family?
9. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
10. What does Abbie decide to do since everyone else is pursuing their dreams?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)