|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(a) The Bible.
(d) An atlas.
2. How does John feel about taking over for his father?
3. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
(a) Because Abbie prefers to remain close to home.
(b) Because Abbie cannot walk long distances.
(c) Because Abbie doesn't want to spend the money.
(d) Because Abbie is ill.
4. What does John start to do in Chapter 21?
(a) Make plans to move abroad.
(b) Work on the community council.
(c) Study music.
(d) Chores on the farm.
5. Where does Will die?
(a) In his truck.
(b) In the farmyard.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) In his easy chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
2. How old is Abbie in Chapter 19?
3. What does Isabelle announce toward the end of Chapter 24?
4. What does Will buy for his daughter in Chapter 19?
5. What does Grace do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do when Abbie reaches her seventies?
2. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
3. How does Christine help Abbie in Chapter 20?
4. What does Abbie think of the results of her writing efforts?
5. How does John feel about running the farm?
6. When planning a party for Abbie, what is Grace shocked by?
7. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
8. What does Abbie decide to do since everyone else is pursuing their dreams?
9. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
10. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16? What does this remind Abbie of?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)