|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack's personality like?
2. What has recently opened near the farm in Chapter 16?
(a) A jail.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A library.
(d) A school.
3. What does Abbie write in Chapter 22?
(a) A recipe collection.
(b) Her life story.
(c) A children's book.
(d) A long letter to Christine.
4. What natural disaster strikes in 1880?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A dust storm.
(c) A plague of grasshoppers.
(d) A drought.
5. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Art school.
(d) Military school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
2. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
3. In what year does Grace finish college?
4. What do Abbie and John discuss in Chapter 21?
5. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
2. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
3. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
4. What group is Will involved with in Chapter 19?
5. What does Oscar Lutz say about Will in Chapter 25
6. What does Abbie think of the results of her writing efforts?
7. How does Christine help Abbie in Chapter 20?
8. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
9. When planning a party for Abbie, what is Grace shocked by?
10. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)