|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
2. What word best describes Eloise's personality?
3. What forces the children to miss school in Chapter 17?
(b) Work to be done on the farm.
(d) Winter storms.
4. Who welcomes a child in Chapter 24?
(a) Margaret and her husband.
(b) Sarah Lutz.
(c) Christine's daughter.
(d) Mack and his wife.
5. Why does John return to Cedartown in Chapter 25?
(a) To run the family farm.
(b) To take care of Abbie.
(c) To retire.
(d) To open a law practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to fight in the conflict in Chapter 24?
2. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16?
3. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
4. Who has a child in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 18, why does Abbie put her trip on hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbie decide to do since everyone else is pursuing their dreams?
2. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
3. When planning a party for Abbie, what is Grace shocked by?
4. What amuses Abbie about Eloise's parenting?
5. What does Abbie think of the results of her writing efforts?
6. What group is Will involved with in Chapter 19?
7. What does Oscar Lutz say about Will in Chapter 25
8. What is Eloise Wentworth like?
9. How does Christine help Abbie in Chapter 20?
10. What does Will assure Abbie of when they talk about death? Where does Will die?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)