|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
(b) Creates art.
2. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) To welcome a grandchild.
(b) To attend a reunion.
(c) For a stay in the hospital.
(d) To sight-see.
3. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Military school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Art school.
(d) Medical school.
4. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
5. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack buy in Chapter 26?
2. What do Mack and Emma name their third child?
3. How does Abbie feel when she returns to Nebraska?
4. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
5. What does Will buy for his daughter in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar Lutz say about Will in Chapter 25
2. What is Eloise Wentworth like?
3. What does Abbie decide to do since everyone else is pursuing their dreams?
4. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
5. In Chapter 19, where does Abbie plan to go? Why does she postpone her trip?
6. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
7. How does John feel about running the farm?
8. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
9. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
10. What happens when Will tells Abbie about a local teacher offering art lessons?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)