|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abbie's child want to take Abbie on a trip in Chapter 28?
(a) To Vienna.
(b) To Ireland and Scotland.
(c) To California.
(d) To New York.
2. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Law school.
(b) Military school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Art school.
3. How are Abbie's friends best described?
(a) As snobbish.
(b) As salt-of-the-earth.
(c) As bumpkins.
(d) As sophisticated.
4. How does Abbie feel about her pregnancy in Chapter 19?
5. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(a) An atlas.
(b) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Deal save her money for?
2. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do in Chapter 27?
3. Where does John go in Chapter 24?
4. What begins in Chapter 28?
5. What forces the children to miss school in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins in Chapter 24 and how does it affect the Deal family?
2. When planning a party for Abbie, what is Grace shocked by?
3. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
4. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
5. How does Christine help Abbie in Chapter 20?
6. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
7. What does Oscar Lutz say about Will in Chapter 25
8. What group is Will involved with in Chapter 19?
9. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
10. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)