|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
(a) None of them.
2. Who does Abbie look after in Chapter 27?
3. What does Grace do for a living?
(a) She is an architect.
(b) She is a politician.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a professor.
4. What does Abbie write in Chapter 22?
(a) A long letter to Christine.
(b) A children's book.
(c) A recipe collection.
(d) Her life story.
5. What is John's personality like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Will want Mack to move away?
2. What does Mack buy in Chapter 26?
3. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
4. What has recently opened near the farm in Chapter 16?
5. What do Abbie and John discuss in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, where does Abbie plan to go? Why does she postpone her trip?
2. Why does Abbie sell off much of the Deal land in Chapter 25?
3. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
4. What does Oscar Lutz say about Will in Chapter 25
5. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
6. What does Abbie think of the results of her writing efforts?
7. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
8. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
9. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16? What does this remind Abbie of?
10. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do when Abbie reaches her seventies?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)