|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, how long has it been since Abbie last went to Iowa?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
2. Where does John go in Chapter 24?
(b) The Arctic Circle.
(c) South America.
3. What money is used to buy the piano?
(a) The money Grandma Deal won from gambling.
(b) The money Mack sent his grandmother for her birthday.
(c) The money Doc Matthews paid for Will to go to war.
(d) The money that came from Will's savings bonds.
4. Where does Eloise get parenting advice?
(b) From Abbie.
(c) Radio programs.
(d) Eloise's mother.
5. Where does Abbie's child want to take Abbie on a trip in Chapter 28?
(a) To New York.
(b) To Ireland and Scotland.
(c) To Vienna.
(d) To California.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Grace finish college?
2. What does John want to do in life?
3. What does Abbie write in Chapter 22?
4. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
5. Where does Mack go when his is seventeen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oscar Lutz say about Will in Chapter 25
2. What is Eloise Wentworth like?
3. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16? What does this remind Abbie of?
4. In Chapter 19, where does Abbie plan to go? Why does she postpone her trip?
5. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
6. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
7. What group is Will involved with in Chapter 19?
8. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
9. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
10. What amuses Abbie about Eloise's parenting?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)