|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John go in Chapter 24?
(a) South America.
(b) The Arctic Circle.
2. Where does Mack go when his is seventeen?
(d) Des Moines.
3. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fourty years.
(d) Thirty years.
4. What does Will buy for his daughter in Chapter 19?
(a) A piano.
(b) An organ.
(c) A violin.
(d) A guitar.
5. Who welcomes a child in Chapter 24?
(a) Mack and his wife.
(b) Margaret and her husband.
(c) Sarah Lutz.
(d) Christine's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Abbie's children encourage her to move to when Grace finishes high school?
2. What is Eloise's surname?
3. Which family member is John said to take after?
4. What does Abbie name the child she has in Chapter 16?
5. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about running the farm?
2. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
3. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
4. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
5. What is Eloise Wentworth like?
6. In Chapter 19, where does Abbie plan to go? Why does she postpone her trip?
7. What group is Will involved with in Chapter 19?
8. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
9. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
10. How does Christine help Abbie in Chapter 20?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)