|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural disaster strikes in 1880?
(a) A drought.
(b) A plague of grasshoppers.
(c) A dust storm.
(d) A tornado.
2. How does Abbie respond to John's dream?
(a) She puts John down.
(b) She encourages John.
(c) She laughs at John.
(d) She tells John to put his dreams on hold.
3. In Chapter 18, how long has it been since Abbie last went to Iowa?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
4. What does Mack buy in Chapter 26?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A horse.
(c) An automobile.
(d) A house.
5. Who throws a party for Abbie in Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abbie's child want to take Abbie on a trip in Chapter 28?
2. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
3. What does John start to do in Chapter 21?
4. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do in Chapter 27?
5. Where does John go in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What group is Will involved with in Chapter 19?
2. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
3. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16? What does this remind Abbie of?
4. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
5. What does Abbie decide to do since everyone else is pursuing their dreams?
6. What happens when Will tells Abbie about a local teacher offering art lessons?
7. What does Will assure Abbie of when they talk about death? Where does Will die?
8. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
9. When planning a party for Abbie, what is Grace shocked by?
10. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)