|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Abbie's children encourage her to move to when Grace finishes high school?
(b) Grand Island.
2. What does Abbie write in Chapter 22?
(a) Her life story.
(b) A recipe collection.
(c) A long letter to Christine.
(d) A children's book.
3. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
4. What word best describes Eloise's personality?
5. What does Grace refuse to do in her life?
(a) Move out of state.
(b) Have children.
(c) Invest in the stock market.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16?
2. What is Eloise's surname?
3. Where does Abbie's child want to take Abbie on a trip in Chapter 28?
4. In what year does Grace finish college?
5. What does Abbie name her daughter in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Will tells Abbie about a local teacher offering art lessons?
2. What begins in Chapter 24 and how does it affect the Deal family?
3. Why does Abbie sell off much of the Deal land in Chapter 25?
4. What group is Will involved with in Chapter 19?
5. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
6. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
7. What does Will assure Abbie of when they talk about death? Where does Will die?
8. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
9. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
10. How does Christine help Abbie in Chapter 20?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)