|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who welcomes a child in Chapter 24?
(a) Mack and his wife.
(b) Sarah Lutz.
(c) Margaret and her husband.
(d) Christine's daughter.
2. In what year does Grace finish college?
3. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
4. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
5. Who volunteers to fight in the conflict in Chapter 24?
(d) Fred Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conflict begins in Chapter 24?
2. What money is used to buy the piano?
3. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
4. What is purchased for Isabelle in Chapter 23?
5. What does John want to do in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins in Chapter 24 and how does it affect the Deal family?
2. When planning a party for Abbie, what is Grace shocked by?
3. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
4. What does Abbie decide to do since everyone else is pursuing their dreams?
5. What emotions does Abbie feel after the death of her son?
6. What does Abbie think of the results of her writing efforts?
7. What does Mack do when he is seventeen years old?
8. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
9. What amuses Abbie about Eloise's parenting?
10. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)