|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abbie look after in Chapter 27?
2. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Abbie get caught in on her way home at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Thick mud.
(b) A rushing stream.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) A hail storm.
4. How does Abbie respond to John's dream?
(a) She tells John to put his dreams on hold.
(b) She laughs at John.
(c) She puts John down.
(d) She encourages John.
5. Where does Will die?
(a) In his easy chair.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) In the farmyard.
(d) In his truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
2. How does John feel about taking over for his father?
3. Where does Mack find a job?
4. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
5. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbie sell off much of the Deal land in Chapter 25?
2. What amuses Abbie about Eloise's parenting?
3. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16? What does this remind Abbie of?
4. How does Christine help Abbie in Chapter 20?
5. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do when Abbie reaches her seventies?
6. What does Mack do when he is seventeen years old?
7. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
8. How does John feel about running the farm?
9. What begins in Chapter 24 and how does it affect the Deal family?
10. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)