|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
(a) One who will sing on stage.
(b) One who will have paintings hung in a museum.
(c) One who will write books.
(d) One who will act in films.
2. What falls from one of the wagons in Chapter 2?
(a) Bags of flour.
(b) Abbie's sister.
(c) A bundle of blankets.
(d) A pair of chairs.
3. What does a letter received by the Deals in Chapter 15 tell them?
(a) That their land is being repossessed.
(b) That Grandpa Deal died.
(c) That Ed Matthews would like to visit Abbie.
(d) That Abbie's mother died.
4. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
(a) Van Buren County.
(b) Blackhawk County.
(c) Cedar County.
(d) Mahaska County.
5. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To the Olympic games.
(b) To an agriculture show.
(c) To the General Assembly.
(d) To a conference in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state are the Mackenzies moving?
2. Where does the Mackenzie family come from?
3. What crop does Will plant in Chapter 11?
4. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
5. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compared to the Deals, how do the Lutzes fare in Nebraska?
2. Who hears Abbie sing in the woods? What does this person promise her?
3. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
4. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
5. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
6. What pet does Will Deal keep? Why must he get rid of it?
7. What does Abbie decide to do for her children in Chapter 14?
8. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
9. What kind of house does Will build for his family?
10. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop in Nebraska?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)