|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Maggie the gift, which she passed along to Abbie in Chapter 7?
(a) Maggie's father.
(b) Maggie's husband.
(c) Maggie's grandmother.
(d) Maggie's sister.
2. What occupation does Abbie take on in Chapter 5?
(a) Shop keeping.
(c) Dress making.
(d) Transcription work.
3. Which river do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey?
(a) The Loup River.
(b) The White River.
(c) The Elkhorn River.
(d) The Platte River.
4. What does Abbie name her second child?
5. How old is Will when is father has to leave the farm in Chapter 4?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Twenty-one years old.
(c) Nineteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
2. What crop does Will plant in Chapter 11?
3. What ruins Abbie's happiness in her new home in Chapter 10?
4. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
5. What does Abbie's family admonish her for in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
2. Who helps Abbie when she goes into labor in Chapter 10?
3. Who hears Abbie sing in the woods? What does this person promise her?
4. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
5. What does Abbie's mother give her before Abbie's wedding?
6. What does Abbie think of Christine Reinmueller? Why does Abbie feel she should hide her feelings about Christine?
7. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
8. Who do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey to Nebraska?
9. What kind of person does Abbie aspire to be?
10. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)