Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
(a) Art lessons.
(b) Driving lessons.
(c) Piano lessons.
(d) Cooking lessons.
2. What does Abbie decide to create in Chapter 14?
(a) A community council.
(b) A family album.
(c) The perfect Christmas.
(d) A flower garden.
3. How does Abbie feel on the journey from Iowa in Chapter 9?
4. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
(a) One who will sing on stage.
(b) One who will write books.
(c) One who will have paintings hung in a museum.
(d) One who will act in films.
5. What does Abbie's family admonish her for in Chapter 13?
(a) Not sending home any money.
(b) Marrying a Deal man.
(c) Not marrying Ed Matthews.
(d) Moving to Nebraska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Will and Abbie work together to make on their land?
2. What animal does Will keep as a pet?
3. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
4. What happens on the day that Will leaves for the war?
5. Why does Abbie keep her feelings about Christine hidden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
2. While Abbie's children are pained by Abbie's lonely death, what does Laura say?
3. Why does John return to Cedartown? Who does he bring with him?
4. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
5. Following the advice of the preacher's wife, who does Abbie decide to marry in Chapter 6?
6. What does Abbie think of the people at the settlers' reunion in Chapter 29?
7. What does Will assure Abbie of when they talk about death? Where does Will die?
8. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do when Abbie reaches her seventies?
9. What pet does Will Deal keep? Why must he get rid of it?
10. Why does Abbie sell off much of the Deal land in Chapter 25?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)