|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie send Ed in Chapter 6?
(a) A post card.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A birthday gift.
(d) A letter.
2. What does Abbie do when she goes into the forest?
3. What promise does Abbie make her mother in Chapter 7?
(a) That Abbie will stay in Iowa even after she's married.
(b) That Abbie will be a famous artist.
(c) That Abbie will be happy in her marriage.
(d) That someday Abbie's daughter will use Maggie's gift.
4. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
(a) To celebrate a birth.
(b) To celebrate a reunion.
(c) To celebrate a wedding.
(d) To celebrate a birthday.
5. Which river do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey?
(a) The Loup River.
(b) The White River.
(c) The Elkhorn River.
(d) The Platte River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
2. How does Abbie respond to Ed's offer of marriage?
3. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
4. What does Abbie name her first born child?
5. How does Abbie feel on the journey from Iowa in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will Deal go to war in Chapter 5?
2. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
3. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
4. What is Abbie said to be fascinated by in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 2, what catastrophe nearly befalls the Mackenzie family on their journey?
6. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
7. What does Abbie discover near the families' camp in Nebraska?
8. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop in Nebraska?
9. What kind of house does Will build for his family?
10. Who do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey to Nebraska?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)