|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has passed away in Chapter 1?
(a) Basil Mackenzie.
(b) Donald Mackenzie.
(c) Arthur Mackenzie.
(d) Michael Mackenzie.
2. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
(a) With a relative.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a small shed.
(d) In a tent.
3. What do Abbie and Will make in Chapter 14?
(a) A picnic table.
(c) Street signs.
(d) Clothes for their children.
4. What promise does Abbie make her mother in Chapter 7?
(a) That Abbie will stay in Iowa even after she's married.
(b) That Abbie will be a famous artist.
(c) That Abbie will be happy in her marriage.
(d) That someday Abbie's daughter will use Maggie's gift.
5. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
(a) The Matthews house.
(b) The Mackenzie house.
(c) The Deal house.
(d) The Lutz house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Abbie advice in Chapter 6?
2. What does a letter received by the Deals in Chapter 15 tell them?
3. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop?
4. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
5. What do the Lutz's open in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Deals' fifth crop turn out?
2. What is Abbie said to be fascinated by in Chapter 1?
3. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
4. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
5. At the beginning of the story, where is Maggie Mackenzie moving her family?
6. What kind of house does Will build for his family?
7. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
8. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
9. In Chapter 2, what catastrophe nearly befalls the Mackenzie family on their journey?
10. What pet does Will Deal keep? Why must he get rid of it?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)