|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
(a) Sewing a quilt.
(b) Singing lessons.
(c) Schooling her children.
(d) Keeping a garden.
2. Where does the Mackenzie family live?
3. What is Abbie's grandmother's name?
4. What does Abbie name the child she gives birth to in Chapter 15?
5. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he has an old piano that she can have.
(b) That Will has been asking about her.
(c) That Abbie has musical talent.
(d) That Will has been injured in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie send Ed in Chapter 6?
2. Who gave Maggie the gift, which she passed along to Abbie in Chapter 7?
3. How old is Will when is father has to leave the farm in Chapter 4?
4. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
5. What kind of house does Will decide to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop in Nebraska?
2. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
3. Compared to the Deals, how do the Lutzes fare in Nebraska?
4. What pet does Will Deal keep? Why must he get rid of it?
5. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
6. Who helps Abbie when she goes into labor in Chapter 10?
7. Who do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey to Nebraska?
8. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
9. What kind of person does Abbie aspire to be?
10. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)