|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abbie marry in Chapter 7?
2. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
3. What promise does Abbie make her mother in Chapter 7?
(a) That Abbie will be a famous artist.
(b) That someday Abbie's daughter will use Maggie's gift.
(c) That Abbie will be happy in her marriage.
(d) That Abbie will stay in Iowa even after she's married.
4. What do Will and Abbie plant together in Chapter 11?
(c) Berry bushes.
(d) An herb garden.
5. How many children does Maggie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
2. What gift does Abbie's mother give her before her wedding ceremony?
3. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
4. How many rooms does the first house Will builds have?
5. What is Henry's brother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
2. What does Abbie think of the results of her writing efforts?
3. In Chapter 2, what catastrophe nearly befalls the Mackenzie family on their journey?
4. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
5. Who helps Abbie when she goes into labor in Chapter 10?
6. What amuses Abbie about Eloise's parenting?
7. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
8. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop in Nebraska?
9. What does Abbie's mother give her before Abbie's wedding?
10. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)