|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
(a) To celebrate a reunion.
(b) To celebrate a birth.
(c) To celebrate a birthday.
(d) To celebrate a wedding.
2. Which of the following is NOT listed as something the government began providing to struggling families?
(c) Army clothing.
3. What is the name of the family that joins Abbie and Will on their journey?
4. What does Ed Matthews promise Abbie when he hears her singing?
(a) That he'll take her to Paris.
(b) That he'll take her to London.
(c) That he'll take her to Chicago.
(d) That he'll take her to New York.
5. What advice is Abbie given in Chapter 6?
(a) To get married and have children.
(b) To get out of Iowa.
(c) To pursue writing.
(d) To pursue singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie name her first born child?
2. Who helps Abbie when it is time to deliver her baby?
3. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
4. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
5. What affected the Deals' first crops in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
2. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
3. Following the advice of the preacher's wife, who does Abbie decide to marry in Chapter 6?
4. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
6. How have the fortunes of the Mackenzie family changed over time?
7. Compared to the Deals, how do the Lutzes fare in Nebraska?
8. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
9. What does Abbie decide to do for her children in Chapter 14?
10. What kind of house does Will build for his family?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)