|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
(a) A sheriff.
(b) A rancher.
(c) A shop keeper.
(d) A farmer.
2. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
(a) In a small shed.
(b) With a relative.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In a hotel.
3. What is Abbie's grandmother's name?
4. Which family seems to be doing better than their neighbors?
(a) The Lutzs.
(b) The O'Connors.
(c) The Wentworths.
(d) The Reinmuellers.
5. In which month do Abbie and Will receive a barrel containing corn seed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop?
2. Who gave Maggie the gift, which she passed along to Abbie in Chapter 7?
3. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
4. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
5. What do Will and Abbie plant together in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbie sell off much of the Deal land in Chapter 25?
2. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
3. Why do the Deal children miss school in Chapter 17? What does Abbie have them do?
4. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
5. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
6. While Abbie's children are pained by Abbie's lonely death, what does Laura say?
7. What does Oscar Lutz say about Will in Chapter 25
8. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop in Nebraska?
9. What does Abbie decide to do for her children in Chapter 14?
10. Why doesn't Abbie accept Grace's invitation to visit Scotland and Ireland?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)