|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a letter received by the Deals in Chapter 15 tell them?
(a) That Abbie's mother died.
(b) That their land is being repossessed.
(c) That Grandpa Deal died.
(d) That Ed Matthews would like to visit Abbie.
2. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To the Olympic games.
(b) To the General Assembly.
(c) To a conference in New York.
(d) To an agriculture show.
3. What does Abbie name the child she gives birth to in Chapter 15?
4. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Driving lessons.
(c) Cooking lessons.
(d) Art lessons.
5. What do Will and Abbie plant together in Chapter 11?
(c) Berry bushes.
(d) An herb garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abbie's grandmother's name?
2. What does Abbie do when she goes into the forest?
3. What does Abbie decide to create in Chapter 14?
4. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
5. Who helps Abbie when it is time to deliver her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbie's mother give her before Abbie's wedding?
2. What does Abbie think of Christine Reinmueller? Why does Abbie feel she should hide her feelings about Christine?
3. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
4. What does Abbie decide to do for her children in Chapter 14?
5. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
6. Who hears Abbie sing in the woods? What does this person promise her?
7. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
8. At the beginning of the story, where is Maggie Mackenzie moving her family?
9. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
10. What do Will and Abbie do to build up their homestead in Chapter 11?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)