|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
(a) Cedar County.
(b) Mahaska County.
(c) Blackhawk County.
(d) Van Buren County.
2. Who does Will help find for the local community in Chapter 12?
(a) A post master.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A doctor.
3. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
(a) Cooking lessons.
(b) Piano lessons.
(c) Art lessons.
(d) Driving lessons.
4. How many rooms does the first house Will builds have?
5. How many children does Maggie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
2. What is Abbie's grandmother's name?
3. What does Abbie do when she goes into the forest?
4. What does Will use the 1872 crop for?
5. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbie think of Christine Reinmueller? Why does Abbie feel she should hide her feelings about Christine?
2. Why does Will Deal go to war in Chapter 5?
3. Following the advice of the preacher's wife, who does Abbie decide to marry in Chapter 6?
4. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
5. What is Abbie said to be fascinated by in Chapter 1?
6. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
7. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
8. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
10. How have the fortunes of the Mackenzie family changed over time?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)