|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry lose in Chapter 10?
(a) A sack of potatoes.
(b) His hat.
(c) One of his horses.
(d) A wagon wheel.
2. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
(a) A rancher.
(b) A sheriff.
(c) A shop keeper.
(d) A farmer.
3. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
(a) Cedar County.
(b) Blackhawk County.
(c) Van Buren County.
(d) Mahaska County.
4. How many children does Maggie have?
5. What does Abbie think about Grandma Deal?
(a) That Grandma Deal is negative.
(b) That Grandma Deal is funny.
(c) That Grandma Deal is irresponsible.
(d) That Grandma Deal is intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
2. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
3. What does Abbie's family admonish her for in Chapter 13?
4. How much money is Will given to fight?
5. Who helps Abbie when it is time to deliver her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compared to the Deals, how do the Lutzes fare in Nebraska?
2. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
3. What does Abbie's mother give her before Abbie's wedding?
4. What kind of person does Abbie aspire to be?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
6. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
7. What is Abbie said to be fascinated by in Chapter 1?
8. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
9. In Chapter 2, what catastrophe nearly befalls the Mackenzie family on their journey?
10. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop in Nebraska?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)