|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Will help find for the local community in Chapter 12?
(a) A post master.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A preacher.
2. What is the name of the family that joins Abbie and Will on their journey?
3. How old is Will when is father has to leave the farm in Chapter 4?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Twenty-one years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. How does Abbie feel while camping in Chapter 10?
5. What animal does Will keep as a pet?
(a) A goose.
(b) A goat.
(c) A deer.
(d) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will get rid of the insects in his field?
2. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
3. What happens on the day that Will leaves for the war?
4. Where does Will decide to move his family?
5. What occupation does Abbie take on in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, where is Maggie Mackenzie moving her family?
2. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
3. What does Abbie think of Christine Reinmueller? Why does Abbie feel she should hide her feelings about Christine?
4. How does the Deals' fifth crop turn out?
5. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
6. What does Abbie discover near the families' camp in Nebraska?
7. Who hears Abbie sing in the woods? What does this person promise her?
8. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
9. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop in Nebraska?
10. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)