|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abbie's mother keep the mementos from the Mackenzies' time of affluence?
(a) In a wooden chest.
(b) In an album.
(c) In a skin-covered box.
(d) In a biscuit tin.
2. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
(a) In a hammock.
(b) In a covered wagon.
(c) In a train.
(d) In a field.
3. What does Abbie name her first born child?
(b) William Jr.
4. What gift does Abbie's mother give her before her wedding ceremony?
(a) A pair of wedding bands.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) Ruby earrings.
(d) A quilt.
5. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
(a) Cooking lessons.
(b) Driving lessons.
(c) Piano lessons.
(d) Art lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed ask of Abbie in order to fulfill his promise?
2. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
3. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
4. What do the Lutz's open in Chapter 12?
5. What name do Sarah and Abbie come up with for their town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What money does Grandma Deal use to buy Isabelle a piano? What does she plan to do with the remainder of the money?
2. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do when Abbie reaches her seventies?
3. What is Margaret's response when Abbie offers her her mother's pearls?
4. What does Mack do when he is seventeen years old?
5. How have the fortunes of the Mackenzie family changed over time?
6. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
7. What happens in the Deals' lives in 1880?
8. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
9. What is Eloise Wentworth like?
10. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)