|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
(a) Cedar County.
(b) Van Buren County.
(c) Mahaska County.
(d) Blackhawk County.
2. What does Abbie think of Christine?
(a) That Christine is forgiving.
(b) That Christine is hard-working.
(c) That Christine is spoiled.
(d) That Christine is unpleasant.
3. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(b) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(c) Because they inherited property.
(d) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
4. What animal does Will keep as a pet?
(a) A deer.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A goose.
(d) A goat.
5. What does Abbie name the child she gives birth to in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice is Abbie given in Chapter 6?
2. What does Abbie name her first born child?
3. Who has passed away in Chapter 1?
4. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
5. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who helps Abbie when she goes into labor in Chapter 10?
2. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
4. How have the fortunes of the Mackenzie family changed over time?
5. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
6. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
7. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
8. Compared to the Deals, how do the Lutzes fare in Nebraska?
9. In Chapter 2, what catastrophe nearly befalls the Mackenzie family on their journey?
10. What kind of house does Will build for his family?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)