|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbie suffering from during the journey from Iowa?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) Dizzy spells.
(c) Poison ivy.
(d) Morning sickness.
2. How does Will get rid of the insects in his field?
(a) By burning it.
(b) By planting foul-smelling flowers.
(c) By releasing birds in the field.
(d) By spraying chemicals.
3. What does Ed Matthews promise Abbie when he hears her singing?
(a) That he'll take her to Chicago.
(b) That he'll take her to Paris.
(c) That he'll take her to London.
(d) That he'll take her to New York.
4. What does Abbie find in the forest in Chapter 3?
(a) A skull.
(b) A pond.
(c) An abandoned cabin.
(d) A perfect rock.
5. What is Abbie's grandmother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
2. How much money is Will given to fight?
3. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
4. How does Abbie feel on the journey from Iowa in Chapter 9?
5. How old is Will when is father has to leave the farm in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
2. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
3. What is Abbie said to be fascinated by in Chapter 1?
4. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
5. What does Abbie discover near the families' camp in Nebraska?
6. Who hears Abbie sing in the woods? What does this person promise her?
7. How does the Deals' fifth crop turn out?
8. What pet does Will Deal keep? Why must he get rid of it?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
10. What does Abbie decide to do for her children in Chapter 14?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)