|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie name her first born child?
(b) William Jr.
2. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Will has been asking about her.
(b) That he has an old piano that she can have.
(c) That Will has been injured in the war.
(d) That Abbie has musical talent.
3. What gift does Abbie's mother give her before her wedding ceremony?
(a) Ruby earrings.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A pair of wedding bands.
(d) A quilt.
4. What ruins Abbie's happiness in her new home in Chapter 10?
(a) An infestation of insects.
(b) Will's drinking problem.
(c) The neighbors moving in.
(d) The onset of winter.
5. What do the Lutz's open in Chapter 12?
(a) An inn.
(b) A store.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A cattle ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
2. What do Will and Abbie work together to make on their land?
3. What crop does Will plant in Chapter 11?
4. What does Abbie think about Grandma Deal?
5. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what catastrophe nearly befalls the Mackenzie family on their journey?
2. Following the advice of the preacher's wife, who does Abbie decide to marry in Chapter 6?
3. What pet does Will Deal keep? Why must he get rid of it?
4. What is Abbie said to be fascinated by in Chapter 1?
5. Who hears Abbie sing in the woods? What does this person promise her?
6. How does Abbie feel about her in-laws?
7. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
8. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
9. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
10. What does Abbie think of Christine Reinmueller? Why does Abbie feel she should hide her feelings about Christine?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)