|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie's family admonish her for in Chapter 13?
(a) Not sending home any money.
(b) Marrying a Deal man.
(c) Not marrying Ed Matthews.
(d) Moving to Nebraska.
2. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
(a) The Matthews house.
(b) The Mackenzie house.
(c) The Lutz house.
(d) The Deal house.
3. Who has passed away in Chapter 1?
(a) Arthur Mackenzie.
(b) Donald Mackenzie.
(c) Michael Mackenzie.
(d) Basil Mackenzie.
4. What happens on the day that Will leaves for the war?
(a) Will gives Abbie a kiss.
(b) Abbie gets engaged.
(c) Abbie enters a singing contest.
(d) Will's father dies.
5. What is the name of the family that joins Abbie and Will on their journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
2. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
3. How many rooms does the first house Will builds have?
4. What do Will and Abbie work together to make on their land?
5. What name do Sarah and Abbie come up with for their town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
2. What does Abbie think of Christine Reinmueller? Why does Abbie feel she should hide her feelings about Christine?
3. What does Abbie's mother give her before Abbie's wedding?
4. What kind of person does Abbie aspire to be?
5. How have the fortunes of the Mackenzie family changed over time?
6. What kind of house does Will build for his family?
7. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
8. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
9. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
10. What is Abbie said to be fascinated by in Chapter 1?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)