|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Will keep as a pet?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A deer.
(c) A goose.
(d) A goat.
2. What gift does Abbie's mother give her before her wedding ceremony?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A pair of wedding bands.
(d) Ruby earrings.
3. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Abbie has musical talent.
(b) That Will has been asking about her.
(c) That he has an old piano that she can have.
(d) That Will has been injured in the war.
4. What do Will and Abbie work together to make on their land?
(a) A barn.
(b) A paddock.
(c) A well.
(d) A silo.
5. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
(a) In a hammock.
(b) In a field.
(c) In a train.
(d) In a covered wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie name the child she gives birth to in Chapter 15?
2. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
3. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
4. What do Abbie and Will make in Chapter 14?
5. What does Abbie think about Grandma Deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Deals' fifth crop turn out?
2. Following the advice of the preacher's wife, who does Abbie decide to marry in Chapter 6?
3. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
4. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 2, what catastrophe nearly befalls the Mackenzie family on their journey?
6. In Chapter 3, what does Abbie find in the forest, and what does she do there?
7. How have the fortunes of the Mackenzie family changed over time?
8. Who helps Abbie when she goes into labor in Chapter 10?
9. What does the government begin to offer in Chapter 15?
10. What is Abbie sure to be on hand to see unpacked in Chapter 2?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)