|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abbie marry in Chapter 7?
2. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he has an old piano that she can have.
(b) That Will has been asking about her.
(c) That Will has been injured in the war.
(d) That Abbie has musical talent.
3. To what state are the Mackenzies moving?
4. What does Abbie decide to create in Chapter 14?
(a) The perfect Christmas.
(b) A community council.
(c) A flower garden.
(d) A family album.
5. How does Abbie respond to Ed's offer of marriage?
(a) Abbie lets her mother respond on her behalf.
(b) Abbie agrees to marry Ed.
(c) Abbie declines to marry Ed.
(d) Abbie acts like it is a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abbie feel on the journey from Iowa in Chapter 9?
2. What crop does Will plant in Chapter 11?
3. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
4. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
5. How does Will get rid of the insects in his field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
2. At the beginning of the story, where is Maggie Mackenzie moving her family?
3. Who helps Abbie when she goes into labor in Chapter 10?
4. What advice does Abbie receive in Chapter 6?
5. Who hears Abbie sing in the woods? What does this person promise her?
6. What pet does Will Deal keep? Why must he get rid of it?
7. What is Abbie said to be fascinated by in Chapter 1?
8. What do Abbie and Will receive in Chapter 13?
9. What kind of house does Will build for his family?
10. In Chapter 2, what catastrophe nearly befalls the Mackenzie family on their journey?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)