|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace do for a living?
(a) She is a professor.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is an architect.
(d) She is a politician.
2. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) To welcome a grandchild.
(b) To attend a reunion.
(c) For a stay in the hospital.
(d) To sight-see.
3. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(b) An atlas.
(c) The Bible.
4. Who volunteers to fight in the conflict in Chapter 24?
(d) Fred Jr.
5. Where does Mack go when his is seventeen?
(c) Des Moines.
6. What does Abbie name her daughter in Chapter 20?
7. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Perform in a local concert.
(b) Sell her house.
(c) Go on a trip.
(d) Write her life story.
8. Where is John injured in Chapter 21?
(a) His head.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His chest.
(d) His shoulder.
9. Where do Abbie's children encourage her to move to when Grace finishes high school?
(b) Grand Island.
10. What is John's personality like?
11. What money is used to buy the piano?
(a) The money Grandma Deal won from gambling.
(b) The money that came from Will's savings bonds.
(c) The money Mack sent his grandmother for her birthday.
(d) The money Doc Matthews paid for Will to go to war.
12. What has recently opened near the farm in Chapter 16?
(a) A school.
(b) A jail.
(c) A library.
(d) A cafe.
13. What does Abbie name the child she has in Chapter 16?
14. What does Will buy for his daughter in Chapter 19?
(a) A piano.
(b) A violin.
(c) A guitar.
(d) An organ.
15. How old is Grace in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
2. How long does Grandma Deal live after moving in with Abbie?
3. What is purchased for Isabelle in Chapter 23?
4. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16?
5. Which family member is John said to take after?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)