|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) To welcome a grandchild.
(b) For a stay in the hospital.
(c) To attend a reunion.
(d) To sight-see.
2. What does Will do in 1880?
(a) Fences in the Deal farm.
(b) Builds a barn.
(c) Digs a cellar.
(d) Buys two cows.
3. Where do Abbie's children encourage her to move to when Grace finishes high school?
(b) Grand Island.
4. How old is Grace in Chapter 28?
5. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
(a) A college-prep school.
(b) A cooking school.
(c) A performance arts school.
(d) An art school.
6. Why doesn't Will want Mack to move away?
(a) Will worries about Mack's health.
(b) Will wants Mack to inherit the farm.
(c) Will doesn't think Mack will find a job.
(d) Will wants his children to stay in Nebraska.
7. What does Grandma Deal save her money for?
(a) To take a trip to Omaha.
(b) To leave to her grandchildren.
(c) To pay for arrangements after her death.
(d) To make improvements to the farmhouse.
8. What does Grace refuse to do in her life?
(a) Invest in the stock market.
(b) Move out of state.
(c) Have children.
(d) Get married.
9. Who welcomes a child in Chapter 24?
(a) Sarah Lutz.
(b) Christine's daughter.
(c) Margaret and her husband.
(d) Mack and his wife.
10. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
11. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(a) The Bible.
(b) An atlas.
12. What money is used to buy the piano?
(a) The money Grandma Deal won from gambling.
(b) The money Doc Matthews paid for Will to go to war.
(c) The money that came from Will's savings bonds.
(d) The money Mack sent his grandmother for her birthday.
13. What does Grace do for a living?
(a) She is a professor.
(b) She is an architect.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a politician.
14. What does John want to do in life?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Become a lawyer.
(c) Become a professor.
(d) Become a politician.
15. What begins in Chapter 28?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Philippine-American War.
(d) The Mexican-American War..
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abbie feel when she returns to Nebraska?
2. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
3. Where does Mack go when his is seventeen?
4. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
5. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)