|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has recently opened near the farm in Chapter 16?
(a) A school.
(b) A library.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A jail.
2. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) To sight-see.
(b) For a stay in the hospital.
(c) To attend a reunion.
(d) To welcome a grandchild.
3. How does John feel about taking over for his father?
4. Where does Eloise get parenting advice?
(a) Radio programs.
(b) Eloise's mother.
(d) From Abbie.
5. What do John and Eloise name their son?
(c) John Jr.
6. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
7. Where does Mack go when his is seventeen?
(a) Des Moines.
8. What does Grace refuse to do in her life?
(a) Invest in the stock market.
(b) Get married.
(c) Have children.
(d) Move out of state.
9. Who volunteers to fight in the conflict in Chapter 24?
(b) Fred Jr.
10. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Military school.
(d) Art school.
11. Who does Abbie look after in Chapter 27?
12. In what year does Grace finish college?
13. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
(a) Because Abbie doesn't want to spend the money.
(b) Because Abbie prefers to remain close to home.
(c) Because Abbie is ill.
(d) Because Abbie cannot walk long distances.
14. What does John want to do in life?
(a) Become a professor.
(b) Become a politician.
(c) Become a lawyer.
(d) Become a doctor.
15. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John injured in Chapter 21?
2. What begins in Chapter 28?
3. What forces the children to miss school in Chapter 17?
4. What does Will buy for his daughter in Chapter 19?
5. Who has a child in Chapter 27?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)