|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's personality like?
2. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
(a) A performance arts school.
(b) An art school.
(c) A college-prep school.
(d) A cooking school.
3. Where is John injured in Chapter 21?
(a) His head.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His chest.
(d) His shoulder.
4. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A violin.
(c) A New York newspaper.
(d) A radio.
5. Who does Abbie look after in Chapter 27?
6. How does Abbie feel when she returns to Nebraska?
7. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Sell her house.
(b) Write her life story.
(c) Go on a trip.
(d) Perform in a local concert.
8. What does John want to do in life?
(a) Become a professor.
(b) Become a lawyer.
(c) Become a doctor.
(d) Become a politician.
9. What does Abbie name the child she has in Chapter 16?
10. Why does John return to Cedartown in Chapter 25?
(a) To open a law practice.
(b) To run the family farm.
(c) To take care of Abbie.
(d) To retire.
11. What does Abbie name her daughter in Chapter 20?
12. Where does Eloise get parenting advice?
(a) Eloise's mother.
(c) From Abbie.
(d) Radio programs.
13. What do Abbie and John discuss in Chapter 21?
(a) What they would do if either of them died.
(b) Funeral arrangements for Abbie's mother.
(c) Whether Abbie should take singing lessons.
(d) Whether they should move back to Iowa.
14. What is Mack's personality like?
15. What conflict begins in Chapter 24?
(a) The Spanish-American war.
(b) The Boer War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Grace finish college?
2. Why doesn't Will want Mack to move away?
3. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
4. Where does Abbie's child want to take Abbie on a trip in Chapter 28?
5. Who is Mack married to?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)