|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack's personality like?
2. Who is Mack married to?
3. Why doesn't Will want Mack to move away?
(a) Will worries about Mack's health.
(b) Will wants Mack to inherit the farm.
(c) Will wants his children to stay in Nebraska.
(d) Will doesn't think Mack will find a job.
4. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Art school.
(b) Medical school.
(c) Law school.
(d) Military school.
5. What do Mack and Emma name their third child?
6. Where is John injured in Chapter 21?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His chest.
(c) His head.
(d) His ankle.
7. Who has a child in Chapter 27?
(a) Isabelle and her husband.
(b) Margaret and her husband.
(c) John and his wife.
(d) Mack and his wife.
8. What does Abbie get caught in on her way home at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) A hail storm.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) Thick mud.
(d) A rushing stream.
9. How long does Grandma Deal live after moving in with Abbie?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
10. In Chapter 18, how long has it been since Abbie last went to Iowa?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
11. What does John want to do in life?
(a) Become a doctor.
(b) Become a professor.
(c) Become a lawyer.
(d) Become a politician.
12. Who throws a party for Abbie in Chapter 26?
13. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(b) An atlas.
(d) The Bible.
14. Who volunteers to fight in the conflict in Chapter 24?
(c) Fred Jr.
15. What does Will buy for his daughter in Chapter 19?
(a) A piano.
(b) A violin.
(c) An organ.
(d) A guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Abbie and John discuss in Chapter 21?
2. What does Abbie name the child she has in Chapter 16?
3. How old is Grace in Chapter 28?
4. What is purchased for Isabelle in Chapter 23?
5. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)