|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Eloise's personality?
2. How does John feel about taking over for his father?
3. What does Abbie write in Chapter 22?
(a) A children's book.
(b) A long letter to Christine.
(c) A recipe collection.
(d) Her life story.
4. In Chapter 18, how long has it been since Abbie last went to Iowa?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
5. How old is Grace in Chapter 28?
6. What does Grandma Deal save her money for?
(a) To take a trip to Omaha.
(b) To leave to her grandchildren.
(c) To pay for arrangements after her death.
(d) To make improvements to the farmhouse.
7. What is Eloise's surname?
8. Who has a child in Chapter 27?
(a) John and his wife.
(b) Mack and his wife.
(c) Isabelle and her husband.
(d) Margaret and her husband.
9. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
10. What do Mack and Emma name their third child?
11. What is John's personality like?
12. What has recently opened near the farm in Chapter 16?
(a) A library.
(b) A school.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A jail.
13. In Chapter 18, why does Abbie put her trip on hold?
(a) So that the Deal family can pay bills.
(b) Because she is needed to help with the harvest.
(c) To send her daughter to school.
(d) Because her son becomes ill.
14. Who does Abbie look after in Chapter 27?
15. Which of Abbie's children gets engaged in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
2. Where does Mack find a job?
3. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
4. What is Mack's personality like?
5. What does Mack buy in Chapter 26?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)