|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abbie in Chapter 19?
2. Where does Will die?
(a) In his easy chair.
(b) In his truck.
(c) In the farmyard.
(d) At the hospital.
3. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
(a) Because Abbie cannot walk long distances.
(b) Because Abbie is ill.
(c) Because Abbie prefers to remain close to home.
(d) Because Abbie doesn't want to spend the money.
4. What natural disaster strikes in 1880?
(a) A drought.
(b) A plague of grasshoppers.
(c) A dust storm.
(d) A tornado.
5. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
(a) None of them.
6. What is Eloise's surname?
7. What do Mack and Emma name their third child?
8. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
(a) A performance arts school.
(b) A college-prep school.
(c) A cooking school.
(d) An art school.
9. What money is used to buy the piano?
(a) The money Mack sent his grandmother for her birthday.
(b) The money Doc Matthews paid for Will to go to war.
(c) The money Grandma Deal won from gambling.
(d) The money that came from Will's savings bonds.
10. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
11. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Law school.
(b) Art school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Military school.
12. How are Abbie's friends best described?
(a) As bumpkins.
(b) As sophisticated.
(c) As salt-of-the-earth.
(d) As snobbish.
13. What forces the children to miss school in Chapter 17?
(a) Winter storms.
(c) Work to be done on the farm.
14. How does Abbie feel when she returns to Nebraska?
15. Who is Mack married to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John injured in Chapter 21?
2. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
3. What do Abbie and John discuss in Chapter 21?
4. Which family member is John said to take after?
5. How does Abbie respond to John's dream?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)