|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws a party for Abbie in Chapter 26?
2. In Chapter 18, how long has it been since Abbie last went to Iowa?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. Why does John return to Cedartown in Chapter 25?
(a) To take care of Abbie.
(b) To retire.
(c) To open a law practice.
(d) To run the family farm.
4. What does Grandma Deal save her money for?
(a) To leave to her grandchildren.
(b) To make improvements to the farmhouse.
(c) To pay for arrangements after her death.
(d) To take a trip to Omaha.
5. What does John want to do in life?
(a) Become a professor.
(b) Become a lawyer.
(c) Become a politician.
(d) Become a doctor.
6. How does John feel about taking over for his father?
7. How old is Abbie in Chapter 27?
(a) In her seventies.
(b) In her nineties.
(c) In her eighties.
(d) In her sixties.
8. What do John and Eloise name their son?
(a) John Jr.
9. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
10. How does Abbie feel when she returns to Nebraska?
11. How old is Grace in Chapter 28?
12. Where does Eloise get parenting advice?
(a) Radio programs.
(c) Eloise's mother.
(d) From Abbie.
13. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
(c) Creates art.
14. Where does Will die?
(a) In his easy chair.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) In his truck.
(d) In the farmyard.
15. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Fourty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is purchased for Isabelle in Chapter 23?
2. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do in Chapter 27?
3. What conflict begins in Chapter 24?
4. What does Abbie name her daughter in Chapter 20?
5. What is Eloise's surname?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)