|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
2. What does Abbie name her daughter in Chapter 20?
3. How long does Grandma Deal live after moving in with Abbie?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
4. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(b) The Bible.
(d) An atlas.
5. How does Abbie respond to John's dream?
(a) She puts John down.
(b) She encourages John.
(c) She tells John to put his dreams on hold.
(d) She laughs at John.
6. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Fourty years.
7. Where does John go in Chapter 24?
(c) The Arctic Circle.
(d) South America.
8. How does Abbie feel when she returns to Nebraska?
9. How are Abbie's friends best described?
(a) As bumpkins.
(b) As snobbish.
(c) As salt-of-the-earth.
(d) As sophisticated.
10. Where do Abbie's children encourage her to move to when Grace finishes high school?
(c) Grand Island.
11. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) For a stay in the hospital.
(b) To attend a reunion.
(c) To sight-see.
(d) To welcome a grandchild.
12. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
(d) Creates art.
13. What money is used to buy the piano?
(a) The money Doc Matthews paid for Will to go to war.
(b) The money that came from Will's savings bonds.
(c) The money Mack sent his grandmother for her birthday.
(d) The money Grandma Deal won from gambling.
14. What do John and Eloise name their son?
(d) John Jr.
15. What does Grandma Deal save her money for?
(a) To leave to her grandchildren.
(b) To take a trip to Omaha.
(c) To pay for arrangements after her death.
(d) To make improvements to the farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16?
2. How old is Abbie in Chapter 27?
3. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
4. How does John feel about taking over for his father?
5. Who welcomes a child in Chapter 24?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)