|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eloise's surname?
2. What is purchased for Isabelle in Chapter 23?
(a) A piano.
(b) An easel.
(c) A horse.
(d) An automobile.
3. Who volunteers to fight in the conflict in Chapter 24?
(c) Fred Jr.
4. Who does Abbie look after in Chapter 27?
5. How old is Abbie in Chapter 19?
6. What does Grace do for a living?
(a) She is a politician.
(b) She is an architect.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a professor.
7. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
(a) Because Abbie cannot walk long distances.
(b) Because Abbie prefers to remain close to home.
(c) Because Abbie doesn't want to spend the money.
(d) Because Abbie is ill.
8. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Art school.
(b) Military school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Law school.
9. Which of Abbie's children gets engaged in Chapter 20?
10. What does Grandma Deal save her money for?
(a) To leave to her grandchildren.
(b) To take a trip to Omaha.
(c) To pay for arrangements after her death.
(d) To make improvements to the farmhouse.
11. Who throws a party for Abbie in Chapter 26?
12. What does Grace refuse to do in her life?
(a) Move out of state.
(b) Invest in the stock market.
(c) Have children.
(d) Get married.
13. How old is Grace in Chapter 28?
14. What does Abbie do when she falls on hard times in Chapter 23?
(a) Sells her grandmother's pearls.
(b) Sells off farm land.
(c) Sells her house.
(d) Sells a painting Will made.
15. How long does Grandma Deal live after moving in with Abbie?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Eloise name their son?
2. What does Abbie get caught in on her way home at the end of Chapter 19?
3. What does the group Will belong to in Chapter 19 accomplish?
4. How does Abbie respond to John's dream?
5. Who is Mack married to?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)