|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
(a) Military school.
(b) Art school.
(c) Law school.
(d) Medical school.
2. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16?
(a) A New York newspaper.
(b) A violin.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A radio.
3. Where does Eloise get parenting advice?
(a) Eloise's mother.
(b) Radio programs.
(d) From Abbie.
4. Who does Abbie look after in Chapter 27?
5. What does Margaret do to pass her time?
(a) Creates art.
6. Why doesn't Will want Mack to move away?
(a) Will doesn't think Mack will find a job.
(b) Will wants Mack to inherit the farm.
(c) Will wants his children to stay in Nebraska.
(d) Will worries about Mack's health.
7. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) To attend a reunion.
(b) For a stay in the hospital.
(c) To welcome a grandchild.
(d) To sight-see.
8. How old is Grace in Chapter 28?
9. What is purchased for Isabelle in Chapter 23?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A piano.
(c) A horse.
(d) An easel.
10. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
11. What does Grandma Deal save her money for?
(a) To pay for arrangements after her death.
(b) To make improvements to the farmhouse.
(c) To take a trip to Omaha.
(d) To leave to her grandchildren.
12. What do Abbie and John discuss in Chapter 21?
(a) Whether Abbie should take singing lessons.
(b) Whether they should move back to Iowa.
(c) Funeral arrangements for Abbie's mother.
(d) What they would do if either of them died.
13. What has recently opened near the farm in Chapter 16?
(a) A jail.
(b) A school.
(c) A library.
(d) A cafe.
14. What does John start to do in Chapter 21?
(a) Work on the community council.
(b) Study music.
(c) Make plans to move abroad.
(d) Chores on the farm.
15. In Chapter 18, why does Abbie put her trip on hold?
(a) Because she is needed to help with the harvest.
(b) To send her daughter to school.
(c) Because her son becomes ill.
(d) So that the Deal family can pay bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mack and Emma name their third child?
2. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
3. How does Abbie feel about her pregnancy in Chapter 19?
4. Why does John return to Cedartown in Chapter 25?
5. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)