|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will die?
(a) In his easy chair.
(b) In his truck.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) In the farmyard.
2. Which of Abbie's children want her to live with them?
(c) None of them.
3. What does John want to do in life?
(a) Become a lawyer.
(b) Become a doctor.
(c) Become a politician.
(d) Become a professor.
4. What is Mack's personality like?
5. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
(a) To attend a reunion.
(b) To sight-see.
(c) For a stay in the hospital.
(d) To welcome a grandchild.
6. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Write her life story.
(b) Perform in a local concert.
(c) Sell her house.
(d) Go on a trip.
7. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(a) An atlas.
(c) The Bible.
8. How long does Grandma Deal live after moving in with Abbie?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
9. In Chapter 18, how long has it been since Abbie last went to Iowa?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
10. What does Grace refuse to do in her life?
(a) Get married.
(b) Invest in the stock market.
(c) Have children.
(d) Move out of state.
11. How does Abbie respond to John's dream?
(a) She puts John down.
(b) She encourages John.
(c) She laughs at John.
(d) She tells John to put his dreams on hold.
12. Which of Abbie's children gets engaged in Chapter 20?
13. What does the group Will belong to in Chapter 19 accomplish?
(a) Dig a sewage line for the town's main street.
(b) Get government funding to pave local roads.
(c) Convince the railroad to pass through Cedartown.
(d) Have electricity installed in some local houses.
14. What does Isabelle announce toward the end of Chapter 24?
(a) That she is moving abroad.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is getting married.
(d) That she will not have children.
15. What does Abbie do when she falls on hard times in Chapter 23?
(a) Sells her house.
(b) Sells off farm land.
(c) Sells a painting Will made.
(d) Sells her grandmother's pearls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Abbie's children encourage her to move to when Grace finishes high school?
2. What does Abbie name the child she has in Chapter 16?
3. What money is used to buy the piano?
4. What does Abbie get caught in on her way home at the end of Chapter 19?
5. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)