|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Abbie's children encourage her to do in Chapter 27?
(a) Write her life story.
(b) Go on a trip.
(c) Sell her house.
(d) Perform in a local concert.
2. Where is John injured in Chapter 21?
(a) His chest.
(b) His head.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His ankle.
3. Where do Abbie's children encourage her to move to when Grace finishes high school?
(c) Grand Island.
4. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
(a) An art school.
(b) A performance arts school.
(c) A college-prep school.
(d) A cooking school.
5. What is purchased for Isabelle in Chapter 23?
(a) A piano.
(b) An automobile.
(c) A horse.
(d) An easel.
6. What does Abbie name her daughter in Chapter 20?
7. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(a) An atlas.
(d) The Bible.
8. In Chapter 23, how long has it been since Abbie went to Iowa?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Fourty years.
(d) Ten years.
9. What does the group Will belong to in Chapter 19 accomplish?
(a) Dig a sewage line for the town's main street.
(b) Get government funding to pave local roads.
(c) Have electricity installed in some local houses.
(d) Convince the railroad to pass through Cedartown.
10. Who volunteers to fight in the conflict in Chapter 24?
(a) Fred Jr.
11. How does Abbie feel when she returns to Nebraska?
12. What is Mack's personality like?
13. Where does John go in Chapter 24?
(b) The Arctic Circle.
(c) South America.
14. Where does Mack find a job?
(a) At a college.
(b) At a shipyard.
(c) At a bank.
(d) At a hospital.
15. Which of Abbie's children invite her on a trip in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why does Abbie put her trip on hold?
2. What does Abbie do when she falls on hard times in Chapter 23?
3. What does Grace refuse to do in her life?
4. What do Mack and Emma name their third child?
5. What does Will do in 1880?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)