|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ed Matthews promise Abbie when he hears her singing?
(a) That he'll take her to Chicago.
(b) That he'll take her to Paris.
(c) That he'll take her to New York.
(d) That he'll take her to London.
2. How many rooms does the first house Will builds have?
3. What does Abbie name the child she gives birth to in Chapter 15?
4. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
(a) Art lessons.
(b) Driving lessons.
(c) Cooking lessons.
(d) Piano lessons.
5. Where does the Mackenzie family come from?
6. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
(a) Taking his wife to New York.
(b) Serving as a government official.
(c) His sons taking over the farm.
(d) The community that will build up around them.
7. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
(a) The Deal house.
(b) The Mackenzie house.
(c) The Matthews house.
(d) The Lutz house.
8. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
(a) That they need their own house.
(b) That she wants to go to art classes.
(c) That they should move to another state.
(d) That she doesn't want any more children.
9. Where does Abbie's mother keep the mementos from the Mackenzies' time of affluence?
(a) In a wooden chest.
(b) In an album.
(c) In a skin-covered box.
(d) In a biscuit tin.
10. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
(a) One who will write books.
(b) One who will sing on stage.
(c) One who will act in films.
(d) One who will have paintings hung in a museum.
11. Where does the Mackenzie family live?
12. What does Abbie name her first born child?
(a) William Jr.
13. What item does Abbie suggest selling in order to make money?
(a) Her clock.
(b) Her mother's pearls.
(c) Homemade jam.
(d) Some of their land.
14. Which of the following is NOT listed as something the government began providing to struggling families?
(a) Army clothing.
15. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
(a) To celebrate a birth.
(b) To celebrate a wedding.
(c) To celebrate a reunion.
(d) To celebrate a birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie decide to create in Chapter 14?
2. Which family seems to be doing better than their neighbors?
3. What does Abbie become aware of near the camp in Chapter 10?
4. How does Abbie feel about Grandpa Deal?
5. What is the name of the family that joins Abbie and Will on their journey?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)