|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie name her first born child?
(a) William Jr.
2. What does Abbie become aware of near the camp in Chapter 10?
(a) A geyser.
(b) A hiding spot for outlaws.
3. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
(a) Mahaska County.
(b) Cedar County.
(c) Van Buren County.
(d) Blackhawk County.
4. What do Abbie and Will make in Chapter 14?
(a) Clothes for their children.
(c) Street signs.
(d) A picnic table.
5. How does Abbie feel about Grandpa Deal?
(a) Abbie adores Grandpa Deal.
(b) Abbie is annoyed by Grandpa Deal.
(c) Abbie hats Grandpa Deal.
(d) Abbie is scared of Grandpa Deal.
6. What is Abbie's sister telling stories about in Chapter 1?
(a) Monsters in the woods.
(b) Kings and queens.
(c) The old country.
(d) A fantasy world.
7. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
(a) In a small shed.
(b) With a relative.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a tent.
8. Where do many of the Deals' neighbors start to go in Chapter 13?
(a) Back to where they came from.
(c) To Kansas.
(d) To try their luck in the gold rush.
9. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(b) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(c) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
(d) Because they inherited property.
10. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
(a) That they need their own house.
(b) That they should move to another state.
(c) That she doesn't want any more children.
(d) That she wants to go to art classes.
11. What does Abbie decide to create in Chapter 14?
(a) The perfect Christmas.
(b) A family album.
(c) A community council.
(d) A flower garden.
12. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
(a) Sewing a quilt.
(b) Keeping a garden.
(c) Schooling her children.
(d) Singing lessons.
13. Where does the Mackenzie family come from?
14. What is Abbie suffering from during the journey from Iowa?
(a) Poison ivy.
(b) Dizzy spells.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Morning sickness.
15. What does Abbie name the child she gives birth to in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What affected the Deals' first crops in Chapter 12?
2. What does Abbie do when she goes into the forest?
3. To what state are the Mackenzies moving?
4. What does Abbie's family admonish her for in Chapter 13?
5. What name do Sarah and Abbie come up with for their town?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)