|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie send Ed in Chapter 6?
(a) A letter.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A birthday gift.
(d) A post card.
2. How does Sarah Lutz's brother die?
(a) By a kick to the head from a donkey.
(b) He drowns.
(c) From a high fever.
(d) From a snake bite.
3. How does Will get rid of the insects in his field?
(a) By burning it.
(b) By planting foul-smelling flowers.
(c) By releasing birds in the field.
(d) By spraying chemicals.
4. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
(a) Serving as a government official.
(b) The community that will build up around them.
(c) His sons taking over the farm.
(d) Taking his wife to New York.
5. What does Abbie think of Christine?
(a) That Christine is forgiving.
(b) That Christine is hard-working.
(c) That Christine is spoiled.
(d) That Christine is unpleasant.
6. How old is Will when is father has to leave the farm in Chapter 4?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Twenty-one years old.
(c) Nineteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
7. What is Henry's brother's name?
8. What advice is Abbie given in Chapter 6?
(a) To get out of Iowa.
(b) To pursue singing.
(c) To pursue writing.
(d) To get married and have children.
9. What name do Sarah and Abbie come up with for their town?
(b) Black Hawk Falls.
10. Who has passed away in Chapter 1?
(a) Michael Mackenzie.
(b) Basil Mackenzie.
(c) Donald Mackenzie.
(d) Arthur Mackenzie.
11. What is Abbie's sister telling stories about in Chapter 1?
(a) A fantasy world.
(b) Monsters in the woods.
(c) Kings and queens.
(d) The old country.
12. What does Abbie name her second child?
13. What kind of house does Will decide to build?
(a) A wood house.
(b) A brick house.
(c) A log cabin.
(d) A sod house.
14. What do Will and Abbie plant together in Chapter 11?
(a) An herb garden.
(d) Berry bushes.
15. Which river do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey?
(a) The Platte River.
(b) The Elkhorn River.
(c) The White River.
(d) The Loup River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will help find for the local community in Chapter 12?
2. What item does Abbie suggest selling in order to make money?
3. What does Abbie's family admonish her for in Chapter 13?
4. What happens on the day that Will leaves for the war?
5. How many children does Maggie have?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)