|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
(a) Art lessons.
(b) Driving lessons.
(c) Piano lessons.
(d) Cooking lessons.
2. What does Abbie decide to create in Chapter 14?
(a) A community council.
(b) A family album.
(c) The perfect Christmas.
(d) A flower garden.
3. How does Abbie feel on the journey from Iowa in Chapter 9?
4. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
(a) One who will sing on stage.
(b) One who will write books.
(c) One who will have paintings hung in a museum.
(d) One who will act in films.
5. What does Abbie's family admonish her for in Chapter 13?
(a) Not sending home any money.
(b) Marrying a Deal man.
(c) Not marrying Ed Matthews.
(d) Moving to Nebraska.
6. What do Will and Abbie work together to make on their land?
(a) A silo.
(b) A well.
(c) A paddock.
(d) A barn.
7. What animal does Will keep as a pet?
(a) A goose.
(b) A goat.
(c) A deer.
(d) A raccoon.
8. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The local doctor.
(b) The school teacher.
(c) The church preacher.
(d) A wealthy rancher.
9. What happens on the day that Will leaves for the war?
(a) Will gives Abbie a kiss.
(b) Will's father dies.
(c) Abbie gets engaged.
(d) Abbie enters a singing contest.
10. Why does Abbie keep her feelings about Christine hidden?
(a) Because there are few women around to be friends with.
(b) Because Abbie doesn't want Christine as a friend.
(c) Because Abbie doesn't like people to know what she thinks.
(d) Because Christine would be embarassed.
11. What does Ed Matthews promise Abbie when he hears her singing?
(a) That he'll take her to London.
(b) That he'll take her to Chicago.
(c) That he'll take her to New York.
(d) That he'll take her to Paris.
12. What is the name of the family that joins Abbie and Will on their journey?
13. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
14. What gift does Abbie's mother give her before her wedding ceremony?
(a) A pair of wedding bands.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) Ruby earrings.
15. What ruins Abbie's happiness in her new home in Chapter 10?
(a) An infestation of insects.
(b) Will's drinking problem.
(c) The neighbors moving in.
(d) The onset of winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
2. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
3. What do the Lutz's open in Chapter 12?
4. What does Abbie do when she goes into the forest?
5. What does Abbie think of Christine?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)