|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Abbie's mother give her before her wedding ceremony?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A pair of wedding bands.
(c) A quilt.
(d) Ruby earrings.
2. How does Will get rid of the insects in his field?
(a) By spraying chemicals.
(b) By releasing birds in the field.
(c) By burning it.
(d) By planting foul-smelling flowers.
3. What does Abbie become aware of near the camp in Chapter 10?
(c) A geyser.
(d) A hiding spot for outlaws.
4. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Art lessons.
(c) Cooking lessons.
(d) Driving lessons.
5. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To a conference in New York.
(b) To an agriculture show.
(c) To the Olympic games.
(d) To the General Assembly.
6. What occupation does Abbie take on in Chapter 5?
(a) Dress making.
(b) Shop keeping.
(c) Transcription work.
7. In which month do Abbie and Will receive a barrel containing corn seed?
8. How many children does Maggie have?
9. What falls from one of the wagons in Chapter 2?
(a) Abbie's sister.
(b) A bundle of blankets.
(c) A pair of chairs.
(d) Bags of flour.
10. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Will has been injured in the war.
(b) That he has an old piano that she can have.
(c) That Will has been asking about her.
(d) That Abbie has musical talent.
11. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
(a) That she doesn't want any more children.
(b) That they should move to another state.
(c) That they need their own house.
(d) That she wants to go to art classes.
12. What does Abbie think of Christine?
(a) That Christine is hard-working.
(b) That Christine is unpleasant.
(c) That Christine is spoiled.
(d) That Christine is forgiving.
13. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
(a) Keeping a garden.
(b) Singing lessons.
(c) Sewing a quilt.
(d) Schooling her children.
14. How much money is Will given to fight?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Three hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
15. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
(a) A rancher.
(b) A sheriff.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A shop keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruins Abbie's happiness in her new home in Chapter 10?
2. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
3. What crop does Will plant in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Abbie marry in Chapter 7?
5. How does Abbie feel on the journey from Iowa in Chapter 9?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)