|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie think of Christine?
(a) That Christine is hard-working.
(b) That Christine is spoiled.
(c) That Christine is unpleasant.
(d) That Christine is forgiving.
2. What affected the Deals' first crops in Chapter 12?
(a) A blight.
(b) Lack of sun.
(c) An infestation of mice.
3. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop?
(a) It dies during a drought.
(b) It is swept away by floods.
(c) It is ruined by a blight.
(d) It is eaten by grasshoppers.
4. What does Henry lose in Chapter 10?
(a) One of his horses.
(b) A sack of potatoes.
(c) A wagon wheel.
(d) His hat.
5. What does Abbie think about Grandma Deal?
(a) That Grandma Deal is intelligent.
(b) That Grandma Deal is negative.
(c) That Grandma Deal is irresponsible.
(d) That Grandma Deal is funny.
6. What crop does Will plant in Chapter 11?
7. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) World War I.
8. What does Abbie name her first born child?
(b) William Jr.
9. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
(a) One who will sing on stage.
(b) One who will write books.
(c) One who will have paintings hung in a museum.
(d) One who will act in films.
10. Which river do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey?
(a) The Platte River.
(b) The White River.
(c) The Loup River.
(d) The Elkhorn River.
11. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
(a) With a relative.
(b) In a small shed.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In a hotel.
12. Where does the Mackenzie family come from?
13. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
(a) The Matthews house.
(b) The Mackenzie house.
(c) The Deal house.
(d) The Lutz house.
14. How does Abbie feel while camping in Chapter 10?
15. What does Ed Matthews promise Abbie when he hears her singing?
(a) That he'll take her to Paris.
(b) That he'll take her to London.
(c) That he'll take her to Chicago.
(d) That he'll take her to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family that joins Abbie and Will on their journey?
2. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
3. What kind of house does Will decide to build?
4. Where do many of the Deals' neighbors start to go in Chapter 13?
5. What item does Abbie suggest selling in order to make money?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)