|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The local doctor.
(b) A wealthy rancher.
(c) The school teacher.
(d) The church preacher.
2. Who does Will help find for the local community in Chapter 12?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A post master.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A preacher.
3. What kind of lessons does Abbie take in Blackhawk County?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Art lessons.
(c) Driving lessons.
(d) Cooking lessons.
4. Who does Abbie marry in Chapter 7?
5. What does a letter received by the Deals in Chapter 15 tell them?
(a) That Ed Matthews would like to visit Abbie.
(b) That Abbie's mother died.
(c) That Grandpa Deal died.
(d) That their land is being repossessed.
6. What does Abbie decide to create in Chapter 14?
(a) The perfect Christmas.
(b) A community council.
(c) A flower garden.
(d) A family album.
7. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Civil War.
8. Who helps Abbie when it is time to deliver her baby?
(a) Abbie's mother.
9. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A rancher.
(c) A sheriff.
(d) A shop keeper.
10. What gift does Abbie's mother give her before her wedding ceremony?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A quilt.
(c) Ruby earrings.
(d) A pair of wedding bands.
11. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
(a) In a small shed.
(b) With a relative.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In a hotel.
12. What does Abbie do when she goes into the forest?
13. What happens on the day that Will leaves for the war?
(a) Will gives Abbie a kiss.
(b) Abbie enters a singing contest.
(c) Abbie gets engaged.
(d) Will's father dies.
14. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
(a) That she doesn't want any more children.
(b) That she wants to go to art classes.
(c) That they need their own house.
(d) That they should move to another state.
15. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
(a) Singing lessons.
(b) Sewing a quilt.
(c) Schooling her children.
(d) Keeping a garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will decide to move his family?
2. Where does the Mackenzie family live?
3. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
4. What is Abbie's sister telling stories about in Chapter 1?
5. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)