|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Abbie advice in Chapter 6?
(a) The school master's wife.
(b) The doctor's wife.
(c) The post master's wife.
(d) The preacher's wife.
2. What does Abbie's family admonish her for in Chapter 13?
(a) Not sending home any money.
(b) Moving to Nebraska.
(c) Marrying a Deal man.
(d) Not marrying Ed Matthews.
3. Where does Will decide to move his family?
4. What do Abbie and Will make in Chapter 14?
(b) Clothes for their children.
(c) A picnic table.
(d) Street signs.
5. What do Will and Abbie plant together in Chapter 11?
(a) Berry bushes.
(b) An herb garden.
6. What advice is Abbie given in Chapter 6?
(a) To pursue singing.
(b) To pursue writing.
(c) To get out of Iowa.
(d) To get married and have children.
7. What does Abbie decide to create in Chapter 14?
(a) A flower garden.
(b) A family album.
(c) The perfect Christmas.
(d) A community council.
8. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Will has been asking about her.
(b) That he has an old piano that she can have.
(c) That Abbie has musical talent.
(d) That Will has been injured in the war.
9. In which month do Abbie and Will receive a barrel containing corn seed?
10. What name do Sarah and Abbie come up with for their town?
(c) Black Hawk Falls.
11. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
(a) One who will write books.
(b) One who will act in films.
(c) One who will have paintings hung in a museum.
(d) One who will sing on stage.
12. How many children does Maggie have?
13. What kind of house does Will decide to build?
(a) A sod house.
(b) A log cabin.
(c) A wood house.
(d) A brick house.
14. What is Abbie's sister telling stories about in Chapter 1?
(a) Monsters in the woods.
(b) Kings and queens.
(c) The old country.
(d) A fantasy world.
15. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will help find for the local community in Chapter 12?
2. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
3. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
4. How does Abbie feel while camping in Chapter 10?
5. Which of the following is NOT listed as something the government began providing to struggling families?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)