|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie become aware of near the camp in Chapter 10?
(b) A geyser.
(c) A hiding spot for outlaws.
2. What is Abbie's sister telling stories about in Chapter 1?
(a) The old country.
(b) Monsters in the woods.
(c) Kings and queens.
(d) A fantasy world.
3. What is Abbie suffering from during the journey from Iowa?
(a) Morning sickness.
(b) Poison ivy.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Dizzy spells.
4. Who gave Maggie the gift, which she passed along to Abbie in Chapter 7?
(a) Maggie's sister.
(b) Maggie's grandmother.
(c) Maggie's father.
(d) Maggie's husband.
5. What does Abbie think about Grandma Deal?
(a) That Grandma Deal is funny.
(b) That Grandma Deal is intelligent.
(c) That Grandma Deal is negative.
(d) That Grandma Deal is irresponsible.
6. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To the Olympic games.
(b) To the General Assembly.
(c) To a conference in New York.
(d) To an agriculture show.
7. What do Will and Abbie work together to make on their land?
(a) A paddock.
(b) A well.
(c) A silo.
(d) A barn.
8. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
(a) The Lutz house.
(b) The Matthews house.
(c) The Mackenzie house.
(d) The Deal house.
9. Where does the Mackenzie family live?
10. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
(a) A rancher.
(b) A shop keeper.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A sheriff.
11. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Civil War.
12. What do the Lutz's open in Chapter 12?
(a) An inn.
(b) A store.
(c) A cattle ranch.
(d) A cafe.
13. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
(a) To celebrate a wedding.
(b) To celebrate a reunion.
(c) To celebrate a birth.
(d) To celebrate a birthday.
14. What falls from one of the wagons in Chapter 2?
(a) Abbie's sister.
(b) Bags of flour.
(c) A pair of chairs.
(d) A bundle of blankets.
15. What crop does Will plant in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah Lutz's brother die?
2. What are the rumors that go through the community in Chapter 3 about?
3. Which river do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey?
4. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
5. In which month do Abbie and Will receive a barrel containing corn seed?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)