|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
2. What forces the children to miss school in Chapter 17?
(b) Winter storms.
(c) Work to be done on the farm.
3. What money is used to buy the piano?
(a) The money Grandma Deal won from gambling.
(b) The money Mack sent his grandmother for her birthday.
(c) The money that came from Will's savings bonds.
(d) The money Doc Matthews paid for Will to go to war.
4. What kind of school does Abbie hear about in Chapter 18?
(a) A cooking school.
(b) An art school.
(c) A college-prep school.
(d) A performance arts school.
5. What occupation does Abbie take on in Chapter 5?
(b) Dress making.
(c) Shop keeping.
(d) Transcription work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abbie feel when she returns to Nebraska?
2. What do Will and Abbie plant together in Chapter 11?
3. Why does John return to Cedartown in Chapter 25?
4. Where does Mack go when his is seventeen?
5. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)