|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John return to Cedartown in Chapter 25?
(a) To run the family farm.
(b) To retire.
(c) To take care of Abbie.
(d) To open a law practice.
2. Where does Abbie's child want to take Abbie on a trip in Chapter 28?
(a) To New York.
(b) To Vienna.
(c) To Ireland and Scotland.
(d) To California.
3. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
(a) Van Buren County.
(b) Mahaska County.
(c) Blackhawk County.
(d) Cedar County.
4. What conflict begins in Chapter 24?
(a) The Boer War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The Spanish-American war.
5. What does Abbie teach the children with while they are out of school?
(a) An atlas.
(c) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie name the child she gives birth to in Chapter 15?
2. What does a letter received by the Deals in Chapter 15 tell them?
3. What kind of house does Will decide to build?
4. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
5. What promise does Abbie make her mother in Chapter 7?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)