|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
2. Which family member is John said to take after?
(a) Basil Mackenzie.
(c) Abbie's mother.
(d) Grandma Deal.
3. What conflict begins in Chapter 24?
(a) The Spanish-American war.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Boer War.
(d) The War of 1812.
4. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he has an old piano that she can have.
(b) That Abbie has musical talent.
(c) That Will has been asking about her.
(d) That Will has been injured in the war.
5. What does John want to do in life?
(a) Become a lawyer.
(b) Become a doctor.
(c) Become a politician.
(d) Become a professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
2. After the death of her son, what does Abbie begin to feel toward Will?
3. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
4. What does Will buy for his daughter in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)