|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbie's sister telling stories about in Chapter 1?
(a) Monsters in the woods.
(b) Kings and queens.
(c) The old country.
(d) A fantasy world.
2. What are the rumors that go through the community in Chapter 3 about?
3. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
4. What does Ed Matthews promise Abbie when he hears her singing?
(a) That he'll take her to London.
(b) That he'll take her to Paris.
(c) That he'll take her to Chicago.
(d) That he'll take her to New York.
5. What does Will do in 1880?
(a) Digs a cellar.
(b) Builds a barn.
(c) Fences in the Deal farm.
(d) Buys two cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Will given to fight?
2. How does Abbie feel on the journey from Iowa in Chapter 9?
3. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
4. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
5. Where do many of the Deals' neighbors start to go in Chapter 13?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)