|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
(a) To celebrate a wedding.
(b) To celebrate a reunion.
(c) To celebrate a birthday.
(d) To celebrate a birth.
2. Where do many of the Deals' neighbors start to go in Chapter 13?
(a) To try their luck in the gold rush.
(c) Back to where they came from.
(d) To Kansas.
3. What item does Abbie suggest selling in order to make money?
(a) Some of their land.
(b) Her mother's pearls.
(c) Her clock.
(d) Homemade jam.
4. How does Abbie feel about Grandpa Deal?
(a) Abbie is annoyed by Grandpa Deal.
(b) Abbie adores Grandpa Deal.
(c) Abbie hats Grandpa Deal.
(d) Abbie is scared of Grandpa Deal.
5. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
(a) That they should move to another state.
(b) That she doesn't want any more children.
(c) That she wants to go to art classes.
(d) That they need their own house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abbie's mother keep the mementos from the Mackenzies' time of affluence?
2. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop?
3. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
4. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
5. What is Henry's brother's name?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)