|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
(a) Sewing a quilt.
(b) Keeping a garden.
(c) Singing lessons.
(d) Schooling her children.
2. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop?
(a) It is swept away by floods.
(b) It dies during a drought.
(c) It is ruined by a blight.
(d) It is eaten by grasshoppers.
3. What does Abbie become aware of near the camp in Chapter 10?
(a) A geyser.
(c) A hiding spot for outlaws.
4. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
5. In which month do Abbie and Will receive a barrel containing corn seed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Mackenzie family come from?
2. How many rooms does the first house Will builds have?
3. How does Abbie respond to Ed's offer of marriage?
4. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
5. What does Abbie name her second child?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)