|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie name her second child?
2. What are the rumors that go through the community in Chapter 3 about?
3. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(b) Because they inherited property.
(c) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
(d) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
4. How much money is Will given to fight?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
5. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he has an old piano that she can have.
(b) That Abbie has musical talent.
(c) That Will has been asking about her.
(d) That Will has been injured in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family seems to be doing better than their neighbors?
2. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
3. Where does Will decide to move his family?
4. Where does the Mackenzie family come from?
5. What does a letter received by the Deals in Chapter 15 tell them?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)