|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Will keep as a pet?
(a) A goat.
(b) A deer.
(c) A goose.
(d) A raccoon.
2. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The church preacher.
(b) A wealthy rancher.
(c) The local doctor.
(d) The school teacher.
3. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
(a) Van Buren County.
(b) Cedar County.
(c) Blackhawk County.
(d) Mahaska County.
4. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) Because they inherited property.
(b) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(c) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(d) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
5. What promise does Abbie make her mother in Chapter 7?
(a) That Abbie will be happy in her marriage.
(b) That Abbie will be a famous artist.
(c) That Abbie will stay in Iowa even after she's married.
(d) That someday Abbie's daughter will use Maggie's gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
2. Where does the Mackenzie family live?
3. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
4. What are the rumors that go through the community in Chapter 3 about?
5. Which river do Abbie and Will encounter on their journey?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)