|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has passed away in Chapter 1?
(a) Michael Mackenzie.
(b) Donald Mackenzie.
(c) Arthur Mackenzie.
(d) Basil Mackenzie.
2. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
(b) Because they inherited property.
(c) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(d) Because they were given a free plot of land.
3. What is Abbie's sister telling stories about in Chapter 1?
(a) A fantasy world.
(b) The old country.
(c) Monsters in the woods.
(d) Kings and queens.
4. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The church preacher.
(b) A wealthy rancher.
(c) The local doctor.
(d) The school teacher.
5. Where does Abbie's mother keep the mementos from the Mackenzies' time of affluence?
(a) In a biscuit tin.
(b) In a skin-covered box.
(c) In an album.
(d) In a wooden chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
2. What is Abbie's grandmother's name?
3. To what state are the Mackenzies moving?
4. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
5. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)