|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
(a) To celebrate a birth.
(b) To celebrate a wedding.
(c) To celebrate a birthday.
(d) To celebrate a reunion.
2. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) A wealthy rancher.
(b) The local doctor.
(c) The church preacher.
(d) The school teacher.
3. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
(a) In a covered wagon.
(b) In a train.
(c) In a field.
(d) In a hammock.
4. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) Because they inherited property.
(b) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(c) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(d) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
5. How many children does Maggie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abbie's grandmother's name?
2. What does Abbie do when she goes into the forest?
3. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
4. What animal does Will keep as a pet?
5. What occupation does Abbie take on in Chapter 5?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)