|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
(a) In a field.
(b) In a train.
(c) In a covered wagon.
(d) In a hammock.
2. Who has passed away in Chapter 1?
(a) Arthur Mackenzie.
(b) Basil Mackenzie.
(c) Donald Mackenzie.
(d) Michael Mackenzie.
3. How old is Will when is father has to leave the farm in Chapter 4?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Twenty-one years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
4. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(b) Because they inherited property.
(c) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(d) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
5. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The church preacher.
(b) The school teacher.
(c) The local doctor.
(d) A wealthy rancher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
2. Where does the Mackenzie family come from?
3. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
4. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
5. What does Abbie find in the forest in Chapter 3?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)