|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(b) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
(c) Because they inherited property.
(d) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
2. How many children does Maggie have?
3. What does Abbie do when she goes into the forest?
4. What falls from one of the wagons in Chapter 2?
(a) Bags of flour.
(b) Abbie's sister.
(c) A pair of chairs.
(d) A bundle of blankets.
5. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The church preacher.
(b) The school teacher.
(c) A wealthy rancher.
(d) The local doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed Matthews promise Abbie when he hears her singing?
2. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
3. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
4. What is Abbie's sister telling stories about in Chapter 1?
5. Where does the Mackenzie family live?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)