|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(b) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
(c) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(d) Because they inherited property.
2. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To a conference in New York.
(b) To an agriculture show.
(c) To the Olympic games.
(d) To the General Assembly.
3. What does Abbie find in the forest in Chapter 3?
(a) A pond.
(b) A skull.
(c) An abandoned cabin.
(d) A perfect rock.
4. What animal does Will keep as a pet?
(a) A goat.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A deer.
(d) A goose.
5. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The local doctor.
(b) A wealthy rancher.
(c) The church preacher.
(d) The school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Maggie have?
2. Who is the eldest Mackenzie daughter married to?
3. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
4. How much money is Will given to fight?
5. What occupation does Abbie take on in Chapter 5?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)