|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) Because they inherited property.
(b) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
(c) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(d) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
2. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
(a) One who will write books.
(b) One who will sing on stage.
(c) One who will act in films.
(d) One who will have paintings hung in a museum.
3. Where does the Mackenzie family come from?
4. How many children does Maggie have?
5. Where does the community gather in Chapter 3?
(a) The Matthews house.
(b) The Lutz house.
(c) The Mackenzie house.
(d) The Deal house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed ask of Abbie in order to fulfill his promise?
2. How much money is Will given to fight?
3. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
4. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
5. What conflict begins in Chapter 5?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)