|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandpa Deal tell Abbie in Chapter 6?
(a) That Abbie has musical talent.
(b) That Will has been injured in the war.
(c) That Will has been asking about her.
(d) That he has an old piano that she can have.
2. What ruins Abbie's happiness in her new home in Chapter 10?
(a) An infestation of insects.
(b) Will's drinking problem.
(c) The neighbors moving in.
(d) The onset of winter.
3. Which of Abbie's children gets engaged in Chapter 20?
4. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
(b) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(c) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(d) Because they inherited property.
5. Which of the following is NOT listed as something the government began providing to struggling families?
(b) Army clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Abbie advice in Chapter 6?
2. Where does the Mackenzie family live?
3. What does Abbie send Ed in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Abbie go to Omaha in Chapter 23?
5. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)