|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop?
(a) It is ruined by a blight.
(b) It is eaten by grasshoppers.
(c) It dies during a drought.
(d) It is swept away by floods.
2. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The church preacher.
(b) The school teacher.
(c) A wealthy rancher.
(d) The local doctor.
3. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
(a) Serving as a government official.
(b) His sons taking over the farm.
(c) Taking his wife to New York.
(d) The community that will build up around them.
4. What does Will buy for his daughter in Chapter 19?
(a) A piano.
(b) A violin.
(c) A guitar.
(d) An organ.
5. What item does Abbie suggest selling in order to make money?
(a) Her mother's pearls.
(b) Her clock.
(c) Some of their land.
(d) Homemade jam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does Abbie lie while listening to her sister tell stories?
2. What does Abbie try to focus her attention on in the spring in Chapter 15?
3. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
4. Why does John return to Cedartown in Chapter 25?
5. In Chapter 18, how long has it been since Abbie last went to Iowa?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)