|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abbie refuse to go on a trip with Grace?
(a) Because Abbie is ill.
(b) Because Abbie doesn't want to spend the money.
(c) Because Abbie cannot walk long distances.
(d) Because Abbie prefers to remain close to home.
2. Where do Abbie's children encourage her to move to when Grace finishes high school?
(a) Grand Island.
3. What does Abbie do when she falls on hard times in Chapter 23?
(a) Sells her grandmother's pearls.
(b) Sells off farm land.
(c) Sells her house.
(d) Sells a painting Will made.
4. What does Abbie write in Chapter 22?
(a) A recipe collection.
(b) A long letter to Christine.
(c) A children's book.
(d) Her life story.
5. What does Isabelle announce toward the end of Chapter 24?
(a) That she will not have children.
(b) That she is moving abroad.
(c) That she is getting married.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie name the child she has in Chapter 16?
2. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16?
3. What kind of school does Margaret's son attend?
4. How does Abbie respond to Ed's offer of marriage?
5. What begins in Chapter 28?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)