|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbie suffering from during the journey from Iowa?
(a) Poison ivy.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Dizzy spells.
(d) Morning sickness.
2. Who gives Abbie advice in Chapter 6?
(a) The doctor's wife.
(b) The post master's wife.
(c) The school master's wife.
(d) The preacher's wife.
3. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
(b) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(c) Because they inherited property.
(d) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
4. What is Henry's brother's name?
5. How does Abbie respond to Ed's offer of marriage?
(a) Abbie agrees to marry Ed.
(b) Abbie acts like it is a joke.
(c) Abbie lets her mother respond on her behalf.
(d) Abbie declines to marry Ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Will given to fight?
2. What advice is Abbie given in Chapter 6?
3. What county does the eldest Mackenzie daughter live in?
4. What is the name of the family that joins Abbie and Will on their journey?
5. What does Abbie send Ed in Chapter 6?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)