|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Deals' sixth crop?
(a) It is ruined by a blight.
(b) It is swept away by floods.
(c) It dies during a drought.
(d) It is eaten by grasshoppers.
2. How does Will get rid of the insects in his field?
(a) By spraying chemicals.
(b) By burning it.
(c) By releasing birds in the field.
(d) By planting foul-smelling flowers.
3. Why doesn't Will want Mack to move away?
(a) Will worries about Mack's health.
(b) Will doesn't think Mack will find a job.
(c) Will wants Mack to inherit the farm.
(d) Will wants his children to stay in Nebraska.
4. What does Ed Matthews promise Abbie when he hears her singing?
(a) That he'll take her to Chicago.
(b) That he'll take her to London.
(c) That he'll take her to New York.
(d) That he'll take her to Paris.
5. What item does Abbie suggest selling in order to make money?
(a) Her mother's pearls.
(b) Homemade jam.
(c) Some of their land.
(d) Her clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will dream about in Chapter 12?
2. How old is Abbie in Chapter 19?
3. How does Abbie feel about her pregnancy in Chapter 19?
4. Why do the Mackenzies hold a party in Chapter 4?
5. Who gave Maggie the gift, which she passed along to Abbie in Chapter 7?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)