|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice is Abbie given in Chapter 6?
(a) To pursue singing.
(b) To get married and have children.
(c) To pursue writing.
(d) To get out of Iowa.
2. What happens on the day that Will leaves for the war?
(a) Will gives Abbie a kiss.
(b) Abbie enters a singing contest.
(c) Will's father dies.
(d) Abbie gets engaged.
3. What forces the children to miss school in Chapter 17?
(c) Work to be done on the farm.
(d) Winter storms.
4. In Chapter 18, why does Abbie put her trip on hold?
(a) So that the Deal family can pay bills.
(b) To send her daughter to school.
(c) Because her son becomes ill.
(d) Because she is needed to help with the harvest.
5. Which of the following is NOT a person that Abbie believes she will someday be?
(a) One who will sing on stage.
(b) One who will act in films.
(c) One who will have paintings hung in a museum.
(d) One who will write books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbie marry in Chapter 7?
2. Which family member is John said to take after?
3. Who does Abbie decide to visit in Chapter 19?
4. What does Will insist on naming his son, who is born in 1872?
5. What does Abbie name the child she has in Chapter 16?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)