|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Will's father sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To the Olympic games.
(b) To an agriculture show.
(c) To a conference in New York.
(d) To the General Assembly.
2. Who is Ed Mathews' father?
(a) The church preacher.
(b) The school teacher.
(c) The local doctor.
(d) A wealthy rancher.
3. What does Will do in 1880?
(a) Fences in the Deal farm.
(b) Digs a cellar.
(c) Builds a barn.
(d) Buys two cows.
4. What promise does Abbie make her mother in Chapter 7?
(a) That Abbie will be happy in her marriage.
(b) That Abbie will stay in Iowa even after she's married.
(c) That Abbie will be a famous artist.
(d) That someday Abbie's daughter will use Maggie's gift.
5. How does Abbie respond to Ed's offer of marriage?
(a) Abbie agrees to marry Ed.
(b) Abbie acts like it is a joke.
(c) Abbie declines to marry Ed.
(d) Abbie lets her mother respond on her behalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group Will belong to in Chapter 19 accomplish?
2. How does Abbie feel about her pregnancy in Chapter 19?
3. What is Abbie suffering from during the journey from Iowa?
4. What falls from one of the wagons in Chapter 2?
5. What does Ed ask of Abbie in order to fulfill his promise?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)