|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie think about Grandma Deal?
(a) That Grandma Deal is irresponsible.
(b) That Grandma Deal is intelligent.
(c) That Grandma Deal is negative.
(d) That Grandma Deal is funny.
2. What does Abbie tell Will after their first child is born?
(a) That she wants to go to art classes.
(b) That she doesn't want any more children.
(c) That they should move to another state.
(d) That they need their own house.
3. How does Will get rid of the insects in his field?
(a) By releasing birds in the field.
(b) By spraying chemicals.
(c) By planting foul-smelling flowers.
(d) By burning it.
4. What advice is Abbie given in Chapter 6?
(a) To get married and have children.
(b) To pursue singing.
(c) To get out of Iowa.
(d) To pursue writing.
5. Why are the Mackenzies moving?
(a) Because they inherited property.
(b) To get out of an area where no crops grow.
(c) Because they were given a free plot of land.
(d) To be close to the eldest Mackenzie daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rumors that go through the community in Chapter 3 about?
2. What has recently opened near the farm in Chapter 16?
3. What does a man bring to dinner in Chapter 16?
4. When the Mackenzie's reach their destination in Chapter 2, where do they stay?
5. What is Abbie suffering from during the journey from Iowa?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)