|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen say is the link between hot showers and the showers of Treblinka?
2. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
3. What do younger bees in a hive do?
4. Why is Jensen leery of the talking stick?
5. What is not a characteristic of a high-rape culture?
Essay Topic 1
What role do Jensen's school years play in his development?
Essay Topic 2
In his research with plants, Cleve Backster discovers that plants are affected by certain stimuli. What, in your opinion, does the outcome of this research mean? Why is it significant? Why was it so important to Jensen that he be able to witness a response from a plant instead of just taking Backster's word that it had happened?
Essay Topic 3
If, as Jensen suggests that it might, human civilization finally causes the destruction of the world, what do you think the outcome will be? Do you agree with either of Jensen's conclusions as suggested in the final chapter of the novel or do you believe there is another option available?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)