|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
2. Why did the San Carlos Apache people not respond to the letters send by the forest service requesting input about putting additional telescopes on Mount Graham?
3. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
4. To what does Cleve Backster give polygraph tests?
5. What is the name of the observatory built on Mount Graham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
2. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
3. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
4. Why did Jensen's bees die?
5. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
6. How do traumatized people act?
7. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
8. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
9. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
10. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do Jensen's school years play in his development?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea of the connectivity between progress (i.e. hot showers, automobiles, computers) and the destruction of the world. What do you believe it would take for us to stop harming the world by the way we are living? Is there any way for us to become at one with nature again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe that a life is made more valuable by truly getting to know oneself? How do you think the world would work if everyone took the road that Jensen did? Are wage workers a necessity of modern society? Why or why not?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)