|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
2. What tenet of Christianity does Jensen suggest people may wake one day to find is really true?
3. What types of people does Jensen say are not the gods of our society?
4. How does Jensen describe Crohn's disease?
5. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do traumatized people act?
2. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
3. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
4. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
5. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
6. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
7. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
8. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
9. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
10. What does Jensen say is the only honest statement that the editor of a certain paper ever told him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In his chapter "Claims to Virtue," Jensen mentions that Jesus is a feminist of sorts. Search the Christian Bible for examples of Jesus' actions that may have lead Jensen to this conclusion. Describe what you find and explain if you agree or disagree with Jensen's belief.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea that there is no quick answer to the problems that affect the world. What is your opinion of Jensen's three reasons that he cannot suggest a quick fix to heal the world? Do you agree with his assessments? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
If, as Jensen suggests that it might, human civilization finally causes the destruction of the world, what do you think the outcome will be? Do you agree with either of Jensen's conclusions as suggested in the final chapter of the novel or do you believe there is another option available?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)