|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
2. Why is Jensen leery of the talking stick?
3. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
4. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
5. With what disease did the doctors in the hospital misdiagnose Jensen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In his research with plants, Cleve Backster discovers that plants are affected by certain stimuli. What, in your opinion, does the outcome of this research mean? Why is it significant? Why was it so important to Jensen that he be able to witness a response from a plant instead of just taking Backster's word that it had happened?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea that some cultures do not thrive on violence but instead discourage it. Why do these cultures disappear?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the idea that there is no quick answer to the problems that affect the world. What is your opinion of Jensen's three reasons that he cannot suggest a quick fix to heal the world? Do you agree with his assessments? Why or why not?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)