|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
2. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
3. How does Jensen know it is the coyotes who are eating his offerings of bread?
4. What types of people does Jensen say are not the gods of our society?
5. Why do bears attack bee colonies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
2. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
3. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
4. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
5. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
6. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
7. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
8. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
9. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
10. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the idea that nature wants to "play" with us. Do you think this is possible? Why or why not? Can you describe a circumstance where you believe nature was playing with you?
Essay Topic 2
How do the cultural eyeglasses determine the way the people perceive the things that happen around them? What makes up or creates these cultural eyeglasses?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the interaction between the Maori Witi and Jensen. What does Witi hope to learn from Jensen? What is he trying to find out?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)