|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
2. What does Dr. Herman say happens to a person who is traumatized repeatedly?
3. What keeps Jensen from starting with bees again?
4. What helps people who are traumatized move into their lives again?
5. How old was Jensen when he was diagnosed with Crohn's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
2. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
3. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
4. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
5. How do traumatized people act?
6. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
7. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
8. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
9. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
10. Why did Jensen's bees die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the idea in the chapter entitled "Violence" that by not killing the goose earlier Jensen caused two deaths. How responsible do you feel that Jensen is for the death of the hen? Is he just as guilty as the goose? How does this idea translate into the idea of criminals set free to kill, rape or steal again? Are those who set him free just as guilty as the criminal?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea of the connectivity between progress (i.e. hot showers, automobiles, computers) and the destruction of the world. What do you believe it would take for us to stop harming the world by the way we are living? Is there any way for us to become at one with nature again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the interaction between the Maori Witi and Jensen. What does Witi hope to learn from Jensen? What is he trying to find out?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)