|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jensen know it is the coyotes who are eating his offerings of bread?
2. What does Jensen say that we create?
3. When did Jensen's bees first die?
4. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
5. What is the unique creation of civilizations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
2. How do traumatized people act?
3. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
4. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
5. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
6. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
7. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
8. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
9. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
10. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the cultural eyeglasses determine the way the people perceive the things that happen around them? What makes up or creates these cultural eyeglasses?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jensen's experiences with bee keeping. How did the loss of his bees the first time affect him?
Essay Topic 3
In his research with plants, Cleve Backster discovers that plants are affected by certain stimuli. What, in your opinion, does the outcome of this research mean? Why is it significant? Why was it so important to Jensen that he be able to witness a response from a plant instead of just taking Backster's word that it had happened?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)