|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal often kills bee colonies?
2. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
3. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be secure?
4. What role does Jensen believe that his father played in his activism?
5. How does Jensen describe his work as a bee keeper?
Essay Topic 1
If, as Jensen suggests that it might, human civilization finally causes the destruction of the world, what do you think the outcome will be? Do you agree with either of Jensen's conclusions as suggested in the final chapter of the novel or do you believe there is another option available?
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter "Insatiability" a Maori asks Jensen about his motivation for working for the indigenous people. What is your opinion of Jensen's motivations? Do you believe they are pure? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the idea of the connectivity between progress (i.e. hot showers, automobiles, computers) and the destruction of the world. What do you believe it would take for us to stop harming the world by the way we are living? Is there any way for us to become at one with nature again? Why or why not?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)