|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
2. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
3. What is the unique creation of civilizations?
4. What does Jensen conclude that it is the responsibility of members of a community to do?
5. From where does Jensen suggest that his restaurant meal did not come?
Essay Topic 1
In several places in the novel, Jensen questions the idea of individual ownership. For instance, when Jensen cleans his barn he wonders if he owns the mice and can do with them as he wishes just because he owns the barn. What is your opinion of this idea of personal ownership? What can be owned and what cannot?
Essay Topic 2
Jensen refers in his chapter "Seeking a Third Way" to an incident when he spoke out against a woman who disciplined her child. Do you think that Jensen acted correctly? Should others do the same? Was the mother wrong? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jensen's journey with Crohn's disease. How does it affect him physically? Emotionally?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)