|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jensen's cat jumps into his lap and then goes to the litter box to show ______________.
2. What is not a characteristic of a high-rape culture?
3. How long does it take a person to die of starvation?
4. How does Jensen know it is the coyotes who are eating his offerings of bread?
5. How does Jensen describe Crohn's disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
2. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
3. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
4. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
5. To what does Jensen say that an emphasis on production ultimately leads?
6. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
7. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
8. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
9. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
10. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the idea that there is no quick answer to the problems that affect the world. What is your opinion of Jensen's three reasons that he cannot suggest a quick fix to heal the world? Do you agree with his assessments? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jensen refers in his chapter "Seeking a Third Way" to an incident when he spoke out against a woman who disciplined her child. Do you think that Jensen acted correctly? Should others do the same? Was the mother wrong? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jensen's experiences with bee keeping. How did the loss of his bees the first time affect him?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)