|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen say that we create?
2. What does Backster call his research?
3. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
4. With what disease did the doctors in the hospital misdiagnose Jensen?
5. How does Jensen describe his beginnings in the bee business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
2. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
3. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
4. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
5. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
6. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
7. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
8. Why did Jensen's bees die?
9. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
10. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jensen's journey with Crohn's disease. How does it affect him physically? Emotionally?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea of the connectivity between progress (i.e. hot showers, automobiles, computers) and the destruction of the world. What do you believe it would take for us to stop harming the world by the way we are living? Is there any way for us to become at one with nature again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the idea in the chapter entitled "Violence" that by not killing the goose earlier Jensen caused two deaths. How responsible do you feel that Jensen is for the death of the hen? Is he just as guilty as the goose? How does this idea translate into the idea of criminals set free to kill, rape or steal again? Are those who set him free just as guilty as the criminal?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)