|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Jensen's brother's epilepsy?
2. When did Jensen's bees first die?
3. What is the unique creation of civilizations?
4. To what does Cleve Backster give polygraph tests?
5. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
2. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
3. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
4. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
5. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
6. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
7. What does Jensen say is the only honest statement that the editor of a certain paper ever told him?
8. To what does Jensen say that an emphasis on production ultimately leads?
9. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
10. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jensen's experiences with bee keeping. How did the loss of his bees the first time affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jensen's journey with Crohn's disease. How does it affect him physically? Emotionally?
Essay Topic 3
Jensen refers in his chapter "Seeking a Third Way" to an incident when he spoke out against a woman who disciplined her child. Do you think that Jensen acted correctly? Should others do the same? Was the mother wrong? Why or why not?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)