|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen say is the link between hot showers and the showers of Treblinka?
2. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
3. What do younger bees in a hive do?
4. Why is Jensen leery of the talking stick?
5. What is not a characteristic of a high-rape culture?
Essay Topic 1
If, as Jensen suggests that it might, human civilization finally causes the destruction of the world, what do you think the outcome will be? Do you agree with either of Jensen's conclusions as suggested in the final chapter of the novel or do you believe there is another option available?
Essay Topic 2
How do the cultural eyeglasses determine the way the people perceive the things that happen around them? What makes up or creates these cultural eyeglasses?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Insatiability" a Maori asks Jensen about his motivation for working for the indigenous people. What is your opinion of Jensen's motivations? Do you believe they are pure? Why or why not?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)