|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen say that coercion is central to in our culture?
2. How often does Jensen have nightmares?
3. Why does Jensen's friend, John Keeble, like to study hate groups?
4. What does the word "kairos" mean?
5. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
2. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
3. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
4. To what does Jensen say that an emphasis on production ultimately leads?
5. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
6. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
7. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
8. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
9. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
10. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the interaction between the Maori Witi and Jensen. What does Witi hope to learn from Jensen? What is he trying to find out?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jensen's relationship with his father. How did this relationship impact Jensen's life? How did it change when Jensen became and adult?
Essay Topic 3
What role do Jensen's school years play in his development?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)