|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jensen begin to teach?
2. Which fairy tale does psychologist Rollo May use allegorically?
3. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
4. Why does Jensen look for ways to ruin Weyerhaeuser's business?
5. What does Backster call his research?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
2. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
3. How do traumatized people act?
4. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
5. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
6. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
7. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
8. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
9. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
10. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do Jensen's school years play in his development?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea that nature wants to "play" with us. Do you think this is possible? Why or why not? Can you describe a circumstance where you believe nature was playing with you?
Essay Topic 3
Jensen refers in his chapter "Seeking a Third Way" to an incident when he spoke out against a woman who disciplined her child. Do you think that Jensen acted correctly? Should others do the same? Was the mother wrong? Why or why not?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)