|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be secure?
2. What does Jensen say leads to psychopathy?
3. Does Dr. Herman believe the perpetrators of atrocities believe their own lies?
4. Jensen is trying to rekindle his love for what sport?
5. What is not one of the things that Jensen did to help the bees accept him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
2. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
3. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
4. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
5. What does Jensen say is the only honest statement that the editor of a certain paper ever told him?
6. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
7. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
8. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
9. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
10. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jensen's experiences with bee keeping. How did the loss of his bees the first time affect him?
Essay Topic 2
What role do Jensen's school years play in his development?
Essay Topic 3
If, as Jensen suggests that it might, human civilization finally causes the destruction of the world, what do you think the outcome will be? Do you agree with either of Jensen's conclusions as suggested in the final chapter of the novel or do you believe there is another option available?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)