|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jensen write that he stopped wearing the traditional bee working safety equipment?
2. How does Jensen describe Crohn's disease?
3. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
4. How many times did Jensen's father ask if he could attend Jensen's jump meet?
5. What animal often kills bee colonies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
2. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
3. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
4. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
5. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
6. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
7. To what does Jensen say that an emphasis on production ultimately leads?
8. How do traumatized people act?
9. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
10. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If, as Jensen suggests that it might, human civilization finally causes the destruction of the world, what do you think the outcome will be? Do you agree with either of Jensen's conclusions as suggested in the final chapter of the novel or do you believe there is another option available?
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with Jensen that money and the pursuit of money is the root of the problems with current society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of silencing as introduced by Jensen in the first chapter of his book. Do you believe he is correct in his interpretation of the way humans behave? Why or why not?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)