|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
2. What is more important that listening?
3. Which Maori interrogates Jensen?
4. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
5. What motivates Jensen most in his sport.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Jensen's dream about the cranes?
2. According to Jensen, what is the purpose of silencing?
3. Describe a conversation of death.
4. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
5. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
6. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
7. Why does Jensen want to blow up a dam?
8. What does Jensen wonder about the ladybug pupae feel?
9. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
10. According to Jensen, what is the role of heroes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jensen's journey with Crohn's disease. How does it affect him physically? Emotionally?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that a life is made more valuable by truly getting to know oneself? How do you think the world would work if everyone took the road that Jensen did? Are wage workers a necessity of modern society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jensen's relationship with his father. How did this relationship impact Jensen's life? How did it change when Jensen became and adult?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)