|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the geese do after the Gaddys' deaths?
2. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
3. What does Jensen wish about his childhood?
4. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
5. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a conversation of death.
2. Why does Jensen believe that Jesus was a feminist of sorts?
3. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
4. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
5. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
6. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
7. What is significant about Jensen's dream about the cranes?
8. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
9. What does Jensen wonder about the ladybug pupae feel?
10. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In several places in the novel, Jensen questions the idea of individual ownership. For instance, when Jensen cleans his barn he wonders if he owns the mice and can do with them as he wishes just because he owns the barn. What is your opinion of this idea of personal ownership? What can be owned and what cannot?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jensen's journey with Crohn's disease. How does it affect him physically? Emotionally?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Insatiability" a Maori asks Jensen about his motivation for working for the indigenous people. What is your opinion of Jensen's motivations? Do you believe they are pure? Why or why not?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)