|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Maori interrogates Jensen?
2. For what sports class did Jensen sign up in school?
3. Why does the mother in the social security office berate her daughter?
4. In what sport does Jensen participate?
5. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
2. What does Jensen say is one of the problems with our current economic system?
3. Why does Jensen say that he can provide no scientific verification for conversations between humans and nonhumans?
4. Why does Jensen believe that Jesus was a feminist of sorts?
5. Why does Jensen want to blow up a dam?
6. How do the Semai resolve their arguments?
7. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
8. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
9. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
10. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that a life is made more valuable by truly getting to know oneself? How do you think the world would work if everyone took the road that Jensen did? Are wage workers a necessity of modern society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jensen's experiences with bee keeping. How did the loss of his bees the first time affect him?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the idea that nature wants to "play" with us. Do you think this is possible? Why or why not? Can you describe a circumstance where you believe nature was playing with you?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)