|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
2. What is the essence of silencing?
3. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
4. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
5. From what Indian tribe is Jeannette Armstrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
2. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
3. Why does Jensen say that economics textbooks should be written in blood?
4. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
5. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
6. What does Jensen say is the only honest statement that the editor of a certain paper ever told him?
7. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
8. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
9. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
10. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter "Insatiability" a Maori asks Jensen about his motivation for working for the indigenous people. What is your opinion of Jensen's motivations? Do you believe they are pure? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do the cultural eyeglasses determine the way the people perceive the things that happen around them? What makes up or creates these cultural eyeglasses?
Essay Topic 3
What role do Jensen's school years play in his development?
This section contains 1,542 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)