|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jensen want answered while he is in school?
2. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
3. What does Jensen wish about his childhood?
4. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
5. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen list as some of the things that human being need?
2. What does Jensen wonder about the ladybug pupae feel?
3. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
4. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
5. What was Jensen's childhood like?
6. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
7. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
8. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
9. Why does Jensen want to blow up a dam?
10. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of silencing as introduced by Jensen in the first chapter of his book. Do you believe he is correct in his interpretation of the way humans behave? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that a life is made more valuable by truly getting to know oneself? How do you think the world would work if everyone took the road that Jensen did? Are wage workers a necessity of modern society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do the cultural eyeglasses determine the way the people perceive the things that happen around them? What makes up or creates these cultural eyeglasses?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)