|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
2. What does Jensen ask the coyotes not to do?
3. How does Jensen say a person should define themselves?
4. How does Jensen feel when he realizes he can speak to animals and make them understand?
5. How does Jensen's high jumping coach treat him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen wonder about the ladybug pupae feel?
2. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
3. How do the Semai resolve their arguments?
4. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
5. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
6. What does Jensen say is one of the problems with our current economic system?
7. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
8. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
9. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
10. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree with Jensen that money and the pursuit of money is the root of the problems with current society?
Essay Topic 2
In his chapter "Claims to Virtue," Jensen mentions that Jesus is a feminist of sorts. Search the Christian Bible for examples of Jesus' actions that may have lead Jensen to this conclusion. Describe what you find and explain if you agree or disagree with Jensen's belief.
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe that a life is made more valuable by truly getting to know oneself? How do you think the world would work if everyone took the road that Jensen did? Are wage workers a necessity of modern society? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,450 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)