|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jensen do on the Sabbath?
2. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
3. What type of pet did Jensen have as a child?
4. Who teaches Jensen's handball class?
5. What calls Jensen during the ice storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
2. What is significant about Jensen's dream about the cranes?
3. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
4. Why does Jensen believe that Jesus was a feminist of sorts?
5. How do the Semai resolve their arguments?
6. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
7. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
8. Why does Jensen want to blow up a dam?
9. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
10. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jensen refers in his chapter "Seeking a Third Way" to an incident when he spoke out against a woman who disciplined her child. Do you think that Jensen acted correctly? Should others do the same? Was the mother wrong? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea that nature wants to "play" with us. Do you think this is possible? Why or why not? Can you describe a circumstance where you believe nature was playing with you?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of silencing as introduced by Jensen in the first chapter of his book. Do you believe he is correct in his interpretation of the way humans behave? Why or why not?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)