|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
2. Why does Jensen really go to graduate school?
3. What does Jensen ask the coyotes not to do?
4. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
5. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
2. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
3. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
4. Why does Jensen say that economics textbooks should be written in blood?
5. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
6. What was Jensen's childhood like?
7. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
8. What is significant about Jensen's dream about the cranes?
9. Why does Jensen believe that Jesus was a feminist of sorts?
10. What does Jensen list as some of the things that human being need?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If, as Jensen suggests that it might, human civilization finally causes the destruction of the world, what do you think the outcome will be? Do you agree with either of Jensen's conclusions as suggested in the final chapter of the novel or do you believe there is another option available?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jensen's relationship with his father. How did this relationship impact Jensen's life? How did it change when Jensen became and adult?
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter "Insatiability" a Maori asks Jensen about his motivation for working for the indigenous people. What is your opinion of Jensen's motivations? Do you believe they are pure? Why or why not?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)