|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jensen not blow up the dams?
2. What is more important that listening?
3. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
4. What is killed when Jensen cleans his barn?
5. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
2. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
3. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
4. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
5. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
6. According to Jensen, what is the purpose of silencing?
7. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
8. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
9. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
10. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the cultural eyeglasses determine the way the people perceive the things that happen around them? What makes up or creates these cultural eyeglasses?
Essay Topic 2
In several places in the novel, Jensen questions the idea of individual ownership. For instance, when Jensen cleans his barn he wonders if he owns the mice and can do with them as he wishes just because he owns the barn. What is your opinion of this idea of personal ownership? What can be owned and what cannot?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jensen's relationship with his father. How did this relationship impact Jensen's life? How did it change when Jensen became and adult?
This section contains 1,558 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)