|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
2. What is the essence of silencing?
3. What causes Jensen's dog to die?
4. In the chapter "Taking A Life" what animal always seems to be getting shafted?
5. How did Jensen teach his creative writing class?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
2. Why does Jensen say that he can provide no scientific verification for conversations between humans and nonhumans?
3. How does Jensen's father rationalize the fact that he beats the members of his family?
4. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
5. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
6. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend tell him about the bushes in his yard?
7. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
8. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
9. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
10. What does Jensen list as some of the things that human being need?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the interaction between the Maori Witi and Jensen. What does Witi hope to learn from Jensen? What is he trying to find out?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jensen's relationship with his father. How did this relationship impact Jensen's life? How did it change when Jensen became and adult?
Essay Topic 3
In his chapter "Claims to Virtue," Jensen mentions that Jesus is a feminist of sorts. Search the Christian Bible for examples of Jesus' actions that may have lead Jensen to this conclusion. Describe what you find and explain if you agree or disagree with Jensen's belief.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)