|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jensen teach his creative writing class?
2. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
3. About what animal does Jensen dream?
4. According to Jensen, what do humans do when they fear their needs won't be met?
5. What characterizes the Semai people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
2. Why does Jensen want to blow up a dam?
3. Why does Jensen believe that Jesus was a feminist of sorts?
4. What does Jensen wonder about the ladybug pupae feel?
5. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
6. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
7. Describe a conversation of death.
8. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
9. Why does Jensen say that economics textbooks should be written in blood?
10. According to Jensen, what is the role of heroes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the idea that nature wants to "play" with us. Do you think this is possible? Why or why not? Can you describe a circumstance where you believe nature was playing with you?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea that some cultures do not thrive on violence but instead discourage it. Why do these cultures disappear?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jensen's relationship with his father. How did this relationship impact Jensen's life? How did it change when Jensen became and adult?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)