|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
2. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
3. What does Jensen ask the coyotes not to do?
4. What is it that Jensen believes shows the coyotes gratitude for the duck carcass?
5. From what Indian tribe is Jeannette Armstrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
2. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
3. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
4. Why does Jensen say that he can provide no scientific verification for conversations between humans and nonhumans?
5. According to Jensen, what is the purpose of silencing?
6. According to Jensen, what is the role of heroes?
7. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
8. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
9. What is the coyote tree?
10. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the cultural eyeglasses determine the way the people perceive the things that happen around them? What makes up or creates these cultural eyeglasses?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the idea of silencing as introduced by Jensen in the first chapter of his book. Do you believe he is correct in his interpretation of the way humans behave? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with Jensen that money and the pursuit of money is the root of the problems with current society?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)