|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Jensen's handball class?
2. What does Jensen believe is the purpose of compulsory education?
3. Who was Jensen's hero as a child?
4. What robotic varmint did scientists at Tokyo University create?
5. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jensen say that he can provide no scientific verification for conversations between humans and nonhumans?
2. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend tell him about the bushes in his yard?
3. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
4. What is the coyote tree?
5. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
6. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
7. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
8. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
9. How does Jensen's father rationalize the fact that he beats the members of his family?
10. Why does Jensen believe that Jesus was a feminist of sorts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the cultural eyeglasses determine the way the people perceive the things that happen around them? What makes up or creates these cultural eyeglasses?
Essay Topic 2
In his chapter "Claims to Virtue," Jensen mentions that Jesus is a feminist of sorts. Search the Christian Bible for examples of Jesus' actions that may have lead Jensen to this conclusion. Describe what you find and explain if you agree or disagree with Jensen's belief.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the interaction between the Maori Witi and Jensen. What does Witi hope to learn from Jensen? What is he trying to find out?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)