Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
2. Where do the Maori people live?
3. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
4. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
5. How did William Doherty die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
2. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
3. What was Jensen's childhood like?
4. Why did Jensen's bees die?
5. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
6. Describe a conversation of death.
7. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
8. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
9. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
10. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jensen's experiences with bee keeping. How did the loss of his bees the first time affect him?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that a life is made more valuable by truly getting to know oneself? How do you think the world would work if everyone took the road that Jensen did? Are wage workers a necessity of modern society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jensen refers in his chapter "Seeking a Third Way" to an incident when he spoke out against a woman who disciplined her child. Do you think that Jensen acted correctly? Should others do the same? Was the mother wrong? Why or why not?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)