Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
2. Where do the Maori people live?
3. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
4. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
5. How did William Doherty die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
2. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
3. What was Jensen's childhood like?
4. Why did Jensen's bees die?
5. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
6. Describe a conversation of death.
7. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
8. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
9. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
10. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
Essay Topic 1
Jensen refers in his chapter "Seeking a Third Way" to an incident when he spoke out against a woman who disciplined her child. Do you think that Jensen acted correctly? Should others do the same? Was the mother wrong? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the idea of the connectivity between progress (i.e. hot showers, automobiles, computers) and the destruction of the world. What do you believe it would take for us to stop harming the world by the way we are living? Is there any way for us to become at one with nature again? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jensen's relationship with his father. How did this relationship impact Jensen's life? How did it change when Jensen became and adult?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)