Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
2. Where do the Maori people live?
3. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
4. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
5. How did William Doherty die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
2. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
3. What was Jensen's childhood like?
4. Why did Jensen's bees die?
5. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
6. Describe a conversation of death.
7. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
8. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
9. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
10. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
Do you believe that a life is made more valuable by truly getting to know oneself? How do you think the world would work if everyone took the road that Jensen did? Are wage workers a necessity of modern society? Why or why not?
In the chapter "Insatiability" a Maori asks Jensen about his motivation for working for the indigenous people. What is your opinion of Jensen's motivations? Do you believe they are pure? Why or why not?
Discuss Jensen's relationship with his father. How did this relationship impact Jensen's life? How did it change when Jensen became and adult?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)