|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jensen describe his beginnings in the bee business?
2. How does Jensen know it is the coyotes who are eating his offerings of bread?
(a) There are no more deer left.
(b) He sees the animals.
(c) The bring him meat.
(d) He sees their prints.
3. What does Jensen say when he is passed the talking stick?
(a) He refuses to talk with the stick.
(b) He tells the group he is a cannibal.
(c) He tells the group members they are misusing the stick.
(d) He says if he had a chance to live his life again he would have killed his father.
4. With what does Jack Forbes say that those who would destroy suffer?
(b) Cannibal sickness.
(c) Sleeping sickness.
5. What did Ruth Benedict identify as a differentiating factor for "bad" cultures?
(c) Presence of polygamy.
(d) Reward of actions that emphasize personal gain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jensen's cat jumps into his lap and then goes to the litter box to show ______________.
2. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
3. What is the cause of Jensen's brother's epilepsy?
4. Why did the San Carlos Apache people not respond to the letters send by the forest service requesting input about putting additional telescopes on Mount Graham?
5. What is one of the most dangerous crops for bees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
2. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
3. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
4. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
5. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
6. Why did Jensen's bees die?
7. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
8. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
9. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
10. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)