|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ruth Benedict identify as a differentiating factor for "bad" cultures?
(a) Reward of actions that emphasize personal gain.
(c) Presence of polygamy.
2. While working with bees, where did Jensen live most of the time?
(a) In his truck.
(b) With his mom.
(c) At his home.
(d) With his friends.
3. In order to survive, what must we learn to discern the difference between?
(a) Things that are good and bad for the environment.
(b) Atrocities and mistakes.
(c) Good and bad people.
(d) Real and false hopes.
4. To what does Cleve Backster give polygraph tests?
5. What does Jensen say is the link between hot showers and the showers of Treblinka?
(a) No link.
(c) Many links.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Dr. Herman believe the perpetrators of atrocities believe their own lies?
2. Why does Jensen write that he stopped wearing the traditional bee working safety equipment?
3. When did Jensen's bees first die?
4. What animal often kills bee colonies?
5. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
2. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
3. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
4. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
5. Why did Jensen's bees die?
6. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
7. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
8. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
9. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
10. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)