|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of Jensen's colon did surgeons remove?
2. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
(a) He had no insurance.
(b) Doctors denied he was sick.
(c) He couldn't drive.
(d) He didn't believe in doctors.
3. While working with bees, where did Jensen live most of the time?
(a) With his mom.
(b) With his friends.
(c) At his home.
(d) In his truck.
4. In order to survive, what must we learn to discern the difference between?
(a) Good and bad people.
(b) Atrocities and mistakes.
(c) Real and false hopes.
(d) Things that are good and bad for the environment.
5. Where is it not possible to recover from an atrocity?
(a) In the place where the atrocity happened.
(b) In a crowd.
(c) In jail.
(d) In isolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most dangerous crops for bees?
2. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
3. How many times did Jensen's father ask if he could attend Jensen's jump meet?
4. What type of insects does Jensen try his hand at raising?
5. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
2. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
3. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
4. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
5. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
6. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
7. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
8. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
9. To what does Jensen say that an emphasis on production ultimately leads?
10. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)