|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Jack Forbes say that those who would destroy suffer?
(a) Sleeping sickness.
(c) Cannibal sickness.
2. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
(b) A nondestructive, aggressive society.
3. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
(a) He couldn't drive.
(b) He didn't believe in doctors.
(c) Doctors denied he was sick.
(d) He had no insurance.
4. What is the unique creation of civilizations?
(b) Talk shows.
5. What does the word "kairos" mean?
(a) The time of destiny.
(b) A time of change.
(c) The time of wakening.
(d) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
2. Why did the San Carlos Apache people not respond to the letters send by the forest service requesting input about putting additional telescopes on Mount Graham?
3. How old was Jensen when he was diagnosed with Crohn's?
4. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
5. What is not one of the things that Jensen did to help the bees accept him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jensen's bees die?
2. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
3. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
4. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
5. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
6. How do traumatized people act?
7. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
8. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
9. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
10. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)