|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
(a) Re-channel it.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Do away with it.
(d) Act on it.
2. With what disease did the doctors in the hospital misdiagnose Jensen?
(a) The flu.
(b) Ulcerative colitis.
(c) Kidney failure.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
3. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
(a) Watching television.
(d) Eating dinner.
4. From whom did Jensen borrow the money for his bees?
(a) His mother.
(b) The bank.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
5. Why does Jensen move to Spokane?
(a) To live with his father.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To study writing.
(d) To retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen conclude that it is the responsibility of members of a community to do?
2. What type of insects does Jensen try his hand at raising?
3. What helps people who are traumatized move into their lives again?
4. How long does it take a person to die of starvation?
5. What does Jensen say is the link between hot showers and the showers of Treblinka?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
2. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
3. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
4. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
5. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
6. Why did Jensen's bees die?
7. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
8. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
9. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
10. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)