|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jensen move to Spokane?
(a) To study writing.
(b) To live with his father.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To retire.
2. How are queen bees made?
(a) By feeding babies special food.
(b) By voting.
(c) Through bloodlines.
(d) By playing games.
3. When did Jensen begin to teach?
(a) In 1980.
(b) In 1989.
(c) In 1978.
(d) In 1995.
4. How much of Jensen's colon did surgeons remove?
5. Jensen's cat jumps into his lap and then goes to the litter box to show ______________.
(a) She can follow the rules.
(b) Jensen the box is dirty.
(c) She is bored.
(d) There is no litter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most dangerous crops for bees?
2. How long was Briar Rose to sleep?
3. How many times did Jensen's father ask if he could attend Jensen's jump meet?
4. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
5. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
2. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
3. To what does Jensen say that an emphasis on production ultimately leads?
4. Why did Jensen's bees die?
5. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
6. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
7. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
8. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
9. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
10. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)