|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jensen when he was diagnosed with Crohn's?
2. What has Jensen been taking to the coyote tree in the chapter "Violence Revisited?"
(a) Spray paint.
3. How does Jensen know it is the coyotes who are eating his offerings of bread?
(a) He sees the animals.
(b) The bring him meat.
(c) There are no more deer left.
(d) He sees their prints.
4. Why do bears attack bee colonies?
(a) For baby bees.
(b) For adult bees.
(c) For honey.
(d) For beeswax.
5. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
(b) High fever.
(c) Stomach cramps.
(d) Growth spurts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the oldest bees do?
2. What has Jensen begun doing with his bee equipment?
3. While working with bees, where did Jensen live most of the time?
4. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
5. What does Jensen say leads to psychopathy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
2. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
3. How do traumatized people act?
4. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
5. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
6. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
7. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
8. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
9. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
10. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)