|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was not backing the fight to build an observatory on Mount Graham?
(a) University of Arizona.
(b) Apache Indians.
(c) Max Planck Institue.
2. How long does it take a person to die of starvation?
(a) Six months.
(b) Sixty days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six days.
3. Why does Jensen move to Spokane?
(a) To live with his father.
(b) To retire.
(c) To study writing.
(d) To get a job.
4. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
(a) Stomach cramps.
(c) High fever.
(d) Growth spurts.
5. What does Jensen say when he is passed the talking stick?
(a) He refuses to talk with the stick.
(b) He says if he had a chance to live his life again he would have killed his father.
(c) He tells the group members they are misusing the stick.
(d) He tells the group he is a cannibal.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
2. How much of Jensen's colon did surgeons remove?
3. Why did the San Carlos Apache people not respond to the letters send by the forest service requesting input about putting additional telescopes on Mount Graham?
4. What is the cause of Jensen's brother's epilepsy?
5. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
2. How do traumatized people act?
3. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
4. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
5. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
6. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
7. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
8. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
9. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
10. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)