|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much honey do Jensen's bees produce their first year?
(a) 3,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
2. What does Jensen say when he is passed the talking stick?
(a) He refuses to talk with the stick.
(b) He tells the group he is a cannibal.
(c) He tells the group members they are misusing the stick.
(d) He says if he had a chance to live his life again he would have killed his father.
3. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
(c) A nondestructive, aggressive society.
4. Which fairy tale does psychologist Rollo May use allegorically?
(b) Briar Rose.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
5. When did Jensen begin to teach?
(a) In 1980.
(b) In 1995.
(c) In 1989.
(d) In 1978.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jensen believe his father continued to call him?
2. Why did the San Carlos Apache people not respond to the letters send by the forest service requesting input about putting additional telescopes on Mount Graham?
3. When did Jensen's bees first die?
4. How does Jensen know it is the coyotes who are eating his offerings of bread?
5. What does Backster call his research?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
2. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
3. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
4. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
5. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
6. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
7. What does Jensen say is the only honest statement that the editor of a certain paper ever told him?
8. What does Jensen learn through his dream about the Dreamgiver?
9. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
10. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)