|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jensen's cat jumps into his lap and then goes to the litter box to show ______________.
(a) She is bored.
(b) Jensen the box is dirty.
(c) There is no litter.
(d) She can follow the rules.
2. What do the oldest bees do?
(a) Tend the young.
(c) Search for new sources of nectar.
(d) Guard the hive.
3. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
(a) The night of his senior collegiate conference championship.
(b) At his wedding.
(c) His high school graduation.
(d) In the hospital when he was diagnosed with Crohn's.
4. How often does Jensen have nightmares?
(a) Once or twice a month.
(b) Every night.
(c) Two or three times a week.
(d) Every week.
5. With what items does Backster get the most response from the plants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the body temperature of a bee hive?
2. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
3. What animal often kills bee colonies?
4. How does Jensen describe his work as a bee keeper?
5. On what has Backster not experimented?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
2. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
3. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
4. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
5. To what does Jensen say that an emphasis on production ultimately leads?
6. How do traumatized people act?
7. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
8. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
9. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
10. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)