|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
(a) At his wedding.
(b) In the hospital when he was diagnosed with Crohn's.
(c) The night of his senior collegiate conference championship.
(d) His high school graduation.
2. What does Jensen conclude that it is the responsibility of members of a community to do?
(a) Ignore each other.
(b) Beat each other.
(c) Feed each other.
(d) Work with each other.
3. What tenet of Christianity does Jensen suggest people may wake one day to find is really true?
(a) There really is a hell.
(b) There really is a devil.
(c) There really is karma.
(d) There really is a heaven.
4. What did Ruth Benedict identify as a differentiating factor for "bad" cultures?
(c) Presence of polygamy.
(d) Reward of actions that emphasize personal gain.
5. Does Dr. Herman believe the perpetrators of atrocities believe their own lies?
(b) She has no idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Briar Rose to sleep?
2. What is the unique creation of civilizations?
3. With what items does Backster get the most response from the plants?
4. From where does Jensen suggest that his restaurant meal did not come?
5. What helps people who are traumatized move into their lives again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
2. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
3. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
4. What does Jensen say is the only honest statement that the editor of a certain paper ever told him?
5. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
6. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
7. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
8. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
9. How do traumatized people act?
10. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)