|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
(b) A nondestructive, aggressive society.
2. Why does Jensen believe his father continued to call him?
(a) He wanted to see him again.
(b) He loved him.
(c) He was curious about his son's actions.
(d) He was still trying to control him.
3. From whom did Jensen borrow the money for his bees?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) The bank.
4. What is the cause of Jensen's brother's epilepsy?
(b) Medicine overdose.
(c) Car wreck.
(d) Blows to the head.
5. How much honey do Jensen's bees produce their first year?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 3,000 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
2. When did Jensen's bees first die?
3. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
4. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
5. What types of people does Jensen say are not the gods of our society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
2. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
3. Why did Jensen's bees die?
4. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
5. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
6. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
7. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
8. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
9. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
10. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)