|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
(a) Doctors denied he was sick.
(b) He had no insurance.
(c) He couldn't drive.
(d) He didn't believe in doctors.
2. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
(c) A nondestructive, aggressive society.
3. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
4. What does Backster call his research?
(a) Human attunement research.
(b) Primary perception research.
(c) Plant research.
(d) Bacteria research.
5. Why does Jensen move to Spokane?
(a) To retire.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To study writing.
(d) To live with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jensen leery of the talking stick?
2. Where is it not possible to recover from an atrocity?
3. What is the cause of Jensen's brother's epilepsy?
4. What does Jensen say leads to psychopathy?
5. What do the oldest bees do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
2. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
3. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
4. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
5. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
6. What does Jensen say is the only honest statement that the editor of a certain paper ever told him?
7. How does Jensen critique his writing in the chapter "Coercion?"
8. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
9. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
10. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)