|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is it not possible to recover from an atrocity?
(a) In the place where the atrocity happened.
(b) In jail.
(c) In a crowd.
(d) In isolation.
2. How does Jensen describe his work as a bee keeper?
3. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
(d) A nondestructive, aggressive society.
4. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
(b) Ask him to leave.
(c) Have him thrown out.
5. What do younger bees in a hive do?
(b) Collect the nectar.
(c) Tend the young.
(d) Guard the hive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jensen believe his father continued to call him?
2. How much of Jensen's colon did surgeons remove?
3. How often does Jensen have nightmares?
4. What is the unique creation of civilizations?
5. What is not one of the things that Jensen did to help the bees accept him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
2. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
3. Why did Jensen's bees die?
4. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
5. Why does the Forest Service choose to give heart rot fungus to healthy trees?
6. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
7. In "Connection and Cooperation" how did the Indians punish the hunter who violated rules against over kill?
8. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
9. What does Jensen's friend Dave think about his life?
10. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)