|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jensen is trying to rekindle his love for what sport?
(c) High jumping.
2. Why did the San Carlos Apache people not respond to the letters send by the forest service requesting input about putting additional telescopes on Mount Graham?
(a) They didn't care.
(b) They wanted to telescopes.
(c) They don't believe in responding to mail.
(d) They didn't get the letters in time.
3. From whom did Jensen borrow the money for his bees?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The bank.
4. What helps people who are traumatized move into their lives again?
(a) A survivor mission.
(b) Talking about their experience.
(c) Accepting the truth.
(d) Bringing their attacker to justice.
5. To what does Cleve Backster give polygraph tests?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to survive, what must we learn to discern the difference between?
2. What role does Jensen believe that his father played in his activism?
3. How often does Jensen have nightmares?
4. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
5. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cleve Backster come to be experimenting on plants?
2. In the fairy tale Briar Rose, why does the king leave one of the Wise Women out of his feast?
3. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
4. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
5. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
6. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
7. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
8. What does Jensen say is the only honest statement that the editor of a certain paper ever told him?
9. Briefly describe the parable of the box.
10. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)