|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jensen say a person should define themselves?
(a) By their own bodies.
(b) By their relationships.
(c) By the car they drive.
(d) By their job titles.
2. What does Jensen ask the coyotes not to do?
(a) Kill his chickens.
(b) Kill his kittens.
(c) Go to the coyote tree.
(d) Poop in his yard.
3. When does Jensen say that his conversation with the coyotes began?
4. What is killed when Jensen cleans his barn?
5. What does Jensen say that trees do when they are cut down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jensen want answered while he is in school?
2. What calls Jensen during the ice storm?
3. What robotic varmint did scientists at Tokyo University create?
4. What did Jensen's father say after he had beat someone?
5. Jensen says there is a language older than _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
2. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
3. What was Jensen's childhood like?
4. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
5. What is the coyote tree?
6. What does Jensen list as some of the things that human being need?
7. Why does Jensen say that he can provide no scientific verification for conversations between humans and nonhumans?
8. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
9. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
10. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend tell him about the bushes in his yard?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)