|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of people have hurt women the most?
(b) Other women.
(d) Indigenous people.
2. In what does Jensen say his economic books should be written?
(a) Red ink.
(b) Blue ink.
3. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
(a) Cultural eyeglasses.
(b) Cultural press.
(c) Cultural blinders.
(d) Cultural binoculars.
4. What type of tree is the coyote tree?
(a) A pecan tree.
(b) A fir tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) An oak tree.
5. What does Jensen argue manifests the desires of our culture?
(c) Human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jensen say a person should define themselves?
2. Which Maori interrogates Jensen?
3. To what does Jensen compare the urge to destroy?
4. About what animal does Jensen dream?
5. What happens after the mice in the barn are killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
2. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
3. Why does Jensen want to blow up a dam?
4. How does Jensen's father rationalize the fact that he beats the members of his family?
5. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
6. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
7. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
8. What was Jensen's childhood like?
9. According to Jensen, what is the purpose of silencing?
10. According to Jensen, what is the role of heroes?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)