|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Jensen compare the urge to destroy?
(a) Poisoned water.
(b) Poisoned meat.
(c) Human nature.
(d) Modern culture.
2. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
(a) They were cruel.
(b) They were kind.
(c) They were unwilling to reproduce.
(d) They were sick.
3. How does Jensen feel when he realizes he can speak to animals and make them understand?
4. When does Jensen say that his conversation with the coyotes began?
5. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of people have hurt women the most?
2. What did the Chipewyan Indian children do with the wolf pups?
3. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
4. For what sports class did Jensen sign up in school?
5. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
2. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
3. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
4. What was Jensen's childhood like?
5. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
6. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
7. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
8. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
9. Why does Jensen say that he can provide no scientific verification for conversations between humans and nonhumans?
10. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend tell him about the bushes in his yard?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)