|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen begin doing when he doesn't jump well?
(a) Throwing tantrums.
(b) Hitting others.
(c) Running away.
(d) Walking away.
2. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
3. What does Bruce Stewart suggest as the way for the world to get better?
(a) To help ourselves.
(b) To grow plants.
(c) To return to old ways.
(d) To serve others.
4. In what sport does Jensen participate?
(d) High jumping.
5. How does Jensen's high jumping coach treat him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
2. Whom did Jensen's father not beat?
3. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend notice that Jensen didn't?
4. What did Jensen's father say after he had beat someone?
5. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
2. According to Jensen, what is the purpose of silencing?
3. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
4. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
5. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
6. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
7. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
8. Why does Jensen want to blow up a dam?
9. Why does Jensen believe that Jesus was a feminist of sorts?
10. What was Jensen's childhood like?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)