|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
(a) Cages the birds.
(b) Builds a fence.
(c) Buys a gun.
(d) Sets traps.
2. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
3. What type of tree is the coyote tree?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) A pecan tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A fir tree.
4. How does Jensen's high jumping coach treat him?
5. What is more important that listening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
2. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
3. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
4. Jensen says there is a language older than _______________.
5. How did Jensen teach his creative writing class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jensen's childhood like?
2. According to Jensen, what is the role of heroes?
3. What does Jensen list as some of the things that human being need?
4. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
5. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
6. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
7. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
8. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
9. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
10. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)