|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the judge in the animal abuse case attack?
(a) The newspaper writers.
(b) The police.
(c) The animal activists.
(d) The owners of the puppy mill.
2. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
3. What does Jensen do for a living?
4. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
5. What did the Chipewyan Indian children do with the wolf pups?
(a) Ran from them.
(b) Played with them.
(c) Fought with them.
(d) Killed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen say saved his life as a child?
2. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
3. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
4. What calls Jensen during the ice storm?
5. Where do the Maori people live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
2. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend tell him about the bushes in his yard?
3. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
4. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
5. Why does Jensen believe that Jesus was a feminist of sorts?
6. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
7. Why does Jensen say that he can provide no scientific verification for conversations between humans and nonhumans?
8. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
9. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
10. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)