|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the essence of silencing?
(a) The willingness to forget.
(b) The inability to remember.
(c) The misuse of language.
(d) The loss of language.
2. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
3. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
(a) Cultural press.
(b) Cultural blinders.
(c) Cultural binoculars.
(d) Cultural eyeglasses.
4. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(a) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
(c) Books about the Bible or nature.
(d) Any type of books they wanted to read.
5. What does Jensen say saved his life as a child?
(a) A teacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) The stars.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is the coyote tree?
2. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
3. What types of animals does Jensen raise?
4. What happens after the mice in the barn are killed?
5. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen wonder about the ladybug pupae feel?
2. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
3. What was Jensen's childhood like?
4. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
5. What is the coyote tree?
6. What does Jensen list as some of the things that human being need?
7. Why does Jensen want to blow up a dam?
8. Why does Jensen say that economics textbooks should be written in blood?
9. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
10. How do the Semai resolve their arguments?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)