|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did William Doherty die?
(a) Blowing up a dam.
(b) Trying to save birds.
(c) During a war.
(d) In a traffic accident.
2. What type of pet did Jensen have as a child?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A goldfish.
3. In what does Jensen say his economic books should be written?
(a) Red ink.
(d) Blue ink.
4. What is more important that listening?
5. Why does Jensen really go to graduate school?
(a) To further his education.
(b) To learn economics.
(c) To keep from having to go to work.
(d) To continue high jumping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Jensen believes shows the coyotes gratitude for the duck carcass?
2. Where do the Maori people live?
3. How does Jensen say a person should define themselves?
4. Who teaches Jensen's handball class?
5. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
2. What is significant about Jensen's dream about the cranes?
3. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
4. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
5. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
6. According to Jensen, what is the purpose of silencing?
7. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
8. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
9. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
10. How do the Semai resolve their arguments?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)