|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen do with the surveyors' flags?
(a) Pulls them up.
(b) Moves them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Plays with them.
2. What did Bruce Stewart feel for his mother because of his school experience?
3. What does Jensen argue manifests the desires of our culture?
(d) Human beings.
4. What does the Dreamgiver show Jensen about the future?
5. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
(a) Promise of money.
(b) Freedom from jobs.
(c) Promise of good grades.
(d) Intellectual superiority.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jensen's high jumping coach treat him?
2. What is the original meaning of the word economics?
3. What is the essence of silencing?
4. What does Jensen say that trees do when they are cut down?
5. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
2. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
3. What is the coyote tree?
4. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend tell him about the bushes in his yard?
5. According to Jensen, what is the purpose of silencing?
6. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
7. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
8. What was Jensen's childhood like?
9. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
10. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)