|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Jensen's dog to die?
(d) Old age.
2. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
(a) He got an education.
(b) He began to fall apart.
(c) He met his wife.
(d) He got away from his father.
3. What is more important that listening?
4. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
(a) Builds a fence.
(b) Sets traps.
(c) Cages the birds.
(d) Buys a gun.
5. What motivates Jensen most in his sport.
(a) The emotional high.
(b) The possibility of winning.
(c) The joy of jumping.
(d) He is not motivated at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Maori people live?
2. What is it that Jensen believes shows the coyotes gratitude for the duck carcass?
3. In what does Jensen say his economic books should be written?
4. What did Jensen do on the Sabbath?
5. What does Jensen argue manifests the desires of our culture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
2. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
3. What is the coyote tree?
4. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
5. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
6. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
7. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
8. Describe a conversation of death.
9. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
10. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)