|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the mice in the barn are killed?
(a) Jensen finds bees in his house.
(b) Jensen finds mice droppings in his bathroom.
(c) Jensen finds mice in his house.
(d) Jensen finds mice droppings on his porch.
2. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
(a) Life and violence.
(b) Violence and sex.
(c) Sex and death.
(d) Sex and life.
3. Whom did the judge in the animal abuse case attack?
(a) The police.
(b) The animal activists.
(c) The newspaper writers.
(d) The owners of the puppy mill.
4. How did Jensen teach his creative writing class?
(a) Through lectures only.
(b) Through the internet.
(c) In a nonlinear fashion.
(d) In a linear fashion.
5. What did the Chipewyan Indian children do with the wolf pups?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Fought with them.
(c) Ran from them.
(d) Played with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen begin doing when he doesn't jump well?
2. Who was Jensen's hero as a child?
3. What is killed when Jensen cleans his barn?
4. Where do the Maori people live?
5. With what is Lake Coeur d'Alene contaminated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
2. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
3. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
4. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
5. Describe a conversation of death.
6. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
7. What is significant about Jensen's dream about the cranes?
8. What is the coyote tree?
9. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
10. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)