|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university did Jensen teach a creative writing class?
(a) Mines College.
(c) East Washington University.
(d) University of California.
2. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Jeannette Armstrong.
3. To what does Jensen compare the urge to destroy?
(a) Poisoned water.
(b) Poisoned meat.
(c) Modern culture.
(d) Human nature.
4. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
(a) It will explode.
(b) It will be saved.
(c) It will be destroyed.
(d) It will implode.
5. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
(a) Sex and life.
(b) Sex and death.
(c) Life and violence.
(d) Violence and sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Maori people live?
2. What does Jensen say saved his life as a child?
3. What does Jensen say that trees do when they are cut down?
4. What is the original meaning of the word economics?
5. How does Jensen feel when he realizes he can speak to animals and make them understand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
2. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
3. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
4. What does Jensen write that current culture presupposes?
5. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
6. What is the coyote tree?
7. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
8. Why does Jensen say that he can provide no scientific verification for conversations between humans and nonhumans?
9. How does Jensen's father rationalize the fact that he beats the members of his family?
10. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)