|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Lake Coeur d'Alene contaminated?
(a) Heavy metals.
(b) Plastic bottles.
2. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) George Washington.
(d) Jeannette Armstrong.
3. Who was Jensen's hero as a child?
(b) Lawrence of Arabia.
(c) His father.
(d) The president.
4. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
(a) He began to fall apart.
(b) He got away from his father.
(c) He met his wife.
(d) He got an education.
5. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
(a) Buys a gun.
(b) Cages the birds.
(c) Sets traps.
(d) Builds a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter "Taking A Life" what animal always seems to be getting shafted?
2. How does Jensen feel when he realizes he can speak to animals and make them understand?
3. What calls Jensen during the ice storm?
4. According to Jensen, what do humans do when they fear their needs won't be met?
5. In what does Jensen say his economic books should be written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the original meaning of the word "economics?"
2. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
3. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
4. What is the coyote tree?
5. Why does Jensen say that economics textbooks should be written in blood?
6. What does Jensen say is one of the problems with our current economic system?
7. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
8. What does Jensen list as some of the things that human being need?
9. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
10. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)