Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
(a) Opening one's mind.
(b) Believing that it is possible.
(c) Getting on their level.
(d) Learning the other species' language.
2. Where do the Maori people live?
(b) New Zealand.
3. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
(a) Killing coyotes.
4. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
5. How did William Doherty die?
(a) Trying to save birds.
(b) During a war.
(c) Blowing up a dam.
(d) In a traffic accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
2. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
3. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
4. About what animal does Jensen dream?
5. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jensen's experience with Crohn's disease?
2. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
3. What was Jensen's childhood like?
4. Why did Jensen's bees die?
5. What does Jensen mean when he says that he "died" to Crohn's disease?
6. Describe a conversation of death.
7. What does Jensen say is the real lesson of Jesus?
8. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
9. How does food exemplify the difficulty of withdrawing oneself from the current economy?
10. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)