|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Maori people live?
(c) New Zealand.
2. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
(a) The address to a shelter.
(b) Money for food.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Part of his dinner.
3. According to Jensen, what do humans do when they fear their needs won't be met?
(a) Make demands.
(b) Become silent.
(c) Become more determined.
(d) Get angry.
4. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
(a) Promise of good grades.
(b) Freedom from jobs.
(c) Intellectual superiority.
(d) Promise of money.
5. With what is Lake Coeur d'Alene contaminated?
(b) Plastic bottles.
(c) Heavy metals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen's mom suggest to kill his aphid infestation?
2. What does Jensen do with the surveyors' flags?
3. What does Jensen ask the coyotes not to do?
4. What motivates Jensen most in his sport.
5. What causes Jensen's dog to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
2. What does Jensen say about intimacy?
3. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
4. How do traumatized people act?
5. How does Jensen's father rationalize the fact that he beats the members of his family?
6. How did Jensen learn not to place his beehives in an aesthetic manner?
7. Under what circumstances did the plants become attuned to the brine shrimp?
8. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
9. In what ways does Jensen write in the chapter "The Safety of Metaphor" that the salmon and humans are similar?
10. Why did the newspaper journalists believe that the Yanomame Indians were stupid?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)