|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim Nollman do?
(a) Plays music with whales and dolphins.
(b) Writes books with lions and tigers.
(c) Talks to dogs.
(d) Experiments with cats.
2. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
(a) A flower garden.
(b) Only dirt.
(c) Dead trees.
(d) Kentucky Bluegrass.
3. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
(a) Cultural blinders.
(b) Cultural binoculars.
(c) Cultural eyeglasses.
(d) Cultural press.
4. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
(a) As a way to make humans better.
(b) As a way to punish humans.
(c) As a way to control humans.
(d) As a way to encourage humans.
5. What does Jensen say that trees do when they are cut down?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
2. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
3. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
4. What does Jensen begin doing when he doesn't jump well?
5. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
Short Essay Questions
1. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
2. What role do the stars play in Jensen's life?
3. What happens when Jensen tries to wall off the pain from his foot while jumping?
4. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
5. In what way is high jumping therapeutic for Jensen?
6. How does Jensen's father rationalize the fact that he beats the members of his family?
7. What dilemma does Jensen say that students face in school?
8. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
9. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
10. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend tell him about the bushes in his yard?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)