|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce Stewart suggest as the way for the world to get better?
(a) To help ourselves.
(b) To return to old ways.
(c) To grow plants.
(d) To serve others.
2. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
(a) It will implode.
(b) It will be saved.
(c) It will explode.
(d) It will be destroyed.
3. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
(a) Cultural binoculars.
(b) Cultural eyeglasses.
(c) Cultural press.
(d) Cultural blinders.
4. Jensen wanted his dogs to stop _____________.
(a) Chasing the coyotes.
(b) Chasing kittens.
(c) Eating eggs.
(d) Eating hens.
5. What did Jensen do on the Sabbath?
(a) Communed with nature.
(b) Watched the clock.
(c) Communed with God.
(d) Read the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
2. Who was Jensen's hero as a child?
3. What did the Chipewyan Indian children do with the wolf pups?
4. What does the Dreamgiver show Jensen about the future?
5. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
2. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
3. What does Jensen say that it takes in order for one to get to know oneself?
4. What are two problems that Jensen identifies with violence?
5. As a beekeeper, how did Jensen make money with his bees?
6. Describe one of the ways in which Jensen says that humans justify their actions even if these actions are cruel or make no sense.
7. How does Dr. Judith Herman describe atrocities?
8. How do traumatized people act?
9. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
10. What two options does Jensen offer for the time when civilization finally collapses?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)