|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen say that trees do when they are cut down?
2. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
(a) Cultural press.
(b) Cultural binoculars.
(c) Cultural eyeglasses.
(d) Cultural blinders.
3. At what university did Jensen teach a creative writing class?
(a) Mines College.
(b) East Washington University.
(d) University of California.
4. What type of tree is the coyote tree?
(a) A pecan tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A fir tree.
(d) A pine tree.
5. What did the Chipewyan Indian children do with the wolf pups?
(a) Played with them.
(b) Ran from them.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Fought with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of people have hurt women the most?
2. What does Jensen's mom suggest to kill his aphid infestation?
3. What finally kills Jensen's aphids?
4. What did Bruce Stewart feel for his mother because of his school experience?
5. Who was Jensen's hero as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Researchers that experimented with baby monkeys determined who to be the best monsters?
2. Why does Jensen take the two chicks to the coyote tree?
3. What is significant about Jensen's dream about the cranes?
4. How does Jensen interpret his dreams of fishing?
5. What does one of Jensen's scientific friends tell Jensen that would have to happen for her to believe that communication between species actually took place?
6. What does Jensen wonder about the ladybug pupae feel?
7. According to Jensen, what is the role of heroes?
8. Why does Jensen not believe that General Norman Schwarzkopf should be considered a hero?
9. What activities do Jensen's students participate in during his creative writing class and what is the purpose of these activities?
10. How does Jensen come to be high jumping?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)