|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jensen write that he stopped wearing the traditional bee working safety equipment?
(a) He never got stung.
(b) It was hot.
(c) He hired workers to tend the bees.
(d) He was stupid.
2. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be insecure?
(a) The closed system.
(b) The open system.
(c) The funnel system.
(d) The siphon system.
3. How long do bees live?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
4. What type of insects does Jensen try his hand at raising?
5. What does Jensen say that we create?
(a) What we need.
(b) What we envy.
(c) What we desire.
(d) What we value.
6. From where does Jensen suggest that his restaurant meal did not come?
7. What does Jensen say is the link between hot showers and the showers of Treblinka?
(b) No link.
(c) Many links.
8. How old was Jensen when he was diagnosed with Crohn's?
9. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
(a) I earn money, therefore I am.
(b) I affect, therefore I am.
(c) I work, therefore I am.
(d) I am coerced, therefore I am.
10. Why does Jensen's friend, John Keeble, like to study hate groups?
(a) They are illogical.
(b) There aren't many of them.
(c) They admit they are racists.
(d) They are complex.
11. What does Jensen say leads to psychopathy?
(a) Drug use.
(d) Brain injury.
12. In the parable of the box, who does the man on the box represent?
(a) Free trade.
(b) The authorities.
(d) The common people.
13. How does Jensen describe his work as a bee keeper?
14. On what has Backster not experimented?
15. Why is Jensen leery of the talking stick?
(a) He doesn't want to tell what he really feels.
(b) He is afraid he will be laughed at.
(c) He is uncomfortable talking in public.
(d) The person using it is not a traditional Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Jensen have nightmares?
2. What keeps Jensen from starting with bees again?
3. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
4. Why do bears attack bee colonies?
5. To what does Cleve Backster give polygraph tests?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)