|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what has Backster not experimented?
2. In the parable of the box, who does the man on the box represent?
(a) The common people.
(b) Free trade.
(c) The authorities.
3. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
(a) I affect, therefore I am.
(b) I work, therefore I am.
(c) I earn money, therefore I am.
(d) I am coerced, therefore I am.
4. When did Jensen begin to teach?
(a) In 1989.
(b) In 1995.
(c) In 1980.
(d) In 1978.
5. What did Ruth Benedict identify as a differentiating factor for "bad" cultures?
(a) Presence of polygamy.
(b) Reward of actions that emphasize personal gain.
6. How does Jensen describe Crohn's disease?
(a) As a tempter.
(b) As an abuser.
(c) As a will-breaker.
(d) As a teacher.
7. With what items does Backster get the most response from the plants?
8. What has Jensen begun doing with his bee equipment?
(a) Putting it in the trash.
(b) Burning it.
(c) Selling it.
(d) Giving it away.
9. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
(a) Growth spurts.
(b) Stomach cramps.
(c) High fever.
10. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
11. What does Jensen say that we create?
(a) What we desire.
(b) What we value.
(c) What we envy.
(d) What we need.
12. What fruit requires a wasp to pollinate it?
13. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 86 percent.
(c) 14 percent.
(d) 98 percent.
14. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
(c) Robert J. Oppenheimer.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
15. Why does Jensen's friend, John Keeble, like to study hate groups?
(a) There aren't many of them.
(b) They admit they are racists.
(c) They are complex.
(d) They are illogical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of people does Jensen say are not the gods of our society?
2. How many times did Jensen's father ask if he could attend Jensen's jump meet?
3. When did Jensen's bees first die?
4. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
5. Why does Jensen move to Spokane?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)