|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
(a) 98 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 86 percent.
(d) 14 percent.
2. What types of people does Jensen say are not the gods of our society?
(a) The kings and presidents.
(b) Those who try to gain control through the use of power.
(c) Those who try to implement egalitarianism.
(d) Those who are wealthy.
3. In the parable of the box, who does the man on the box represent?
(a) The authorities.
(b) The common people.
(d) Free trade.
4. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
(a) An attempt to propose a solution presupposes that solutions exist.
(b) He does offer a solution.
(c) The problem is unconsciously but intentionally structured to make solutions impossible.
(d) To propose discrete solutions trivializes those that have come before.
5. What is the cause of Jensen's brother's epilepsy?
(a) Car wreck.
(b) Medicine overdose.
(d) Blows to the head.
6. What does Jensen say underlies the different forms of coercion?
7. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Watching television.
8. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
(a) His high school graduation.
(b) At his wedding.
(c) In the hospital when he was diagnosed with Crohn's.
(d) The night of his senior collegiate conference championship.
9. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
(c) Ask him to leave.
(d) Have him thrown out.
10. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
11. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
(a) Act on it.
(b) Do away with it.
(c) Re-channel it.
(d) Ignore it.
12. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
(a) Stomach cramps.
(b) High fever.
(c) Growth spurts.
13. With what does Jack Forbes say that those who would destroy suffer?
(a) Sleeping sickness.
(b) Cannibal sickness.
14. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Robert J. Oppenheimer.
15. What did Ruth Benedict identify as a differentiating factor for "bad" cultures?
(a) Reward of actions that emphasize personal gain.
(b) Presence of polygamy.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what disease did the doctors in the hospital misdiagnose Jensen?
2. What do younger bees in a hive do?
3. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be insecure?
4. What is one of the most dangerous crops for bees?
5. Jensen is trying to rekindle his love for what sport?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)