|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen say is the link between hot showers and the showers of Treblinka?
(a) Many links.
(b) No link.
2. How long does it take a person to die of starvation?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Sixty days.
(d) Six weeks.
3. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
(a) The problem is unconsciously but intentionally structured to make solutions impossible.
(b) To propose discrete solutions trivializes those that have come before.
(c) He does offer a solution.
(d) An attempt to propose a solution presupposes that solutions exist.
4. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
(a) 98 percent.
(b) 86 percent.
(c) 14 percent.
(d) 25 percent.
5. While working with bees, where did Jensen live most of the time?
(a) With his friends.
(b) In his truck.
(c) At his home.
(d) With his mom.
6. When did Jensen begin to teach?
(a) In 1989.
(b) In 1980.
(c) In 1995.
(d) In 1978.
7. What is not a characteristic of a high-rape culture?
(a) Care of children is devalued.
(b) Sexually segregated.
(c) High level of militarization.
(d) Belief in a female deity.
8. What does Dr. Herman say happens to a person who is traumatized repeatedly?
(a) They lose their sense of dependance.
(b) They lose their identity.
(c) They lose their ability to love.
(d) They tear down emotional walls.
9. What role does Jensen believe that his father played in his activism?
(c) Activation energy.
10. What does Jensen say that we create?
(a) What we envy.
(b) What we desire.
(c) What we value.
(d) What we need.
11. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
(a) At his wedding.
(b) The night of his senior collegiate conference championship.
(c) In the hospital when he was diagnosed with Crohn's.
(d) His high school graduation.
12. To what does Cleve Backster give polygraph tests?
13. What is the body temperature of a bee hive?
(a) Seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) Ninety-five degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) Ninety-eight degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) Seventy-five degrees Fahrenheit.
14. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
(a) He couldn't drive.
(b) He didn't believe in doctors.
(c) Doctors denied he was sick.
(d) He had no insurance.
15. What is one of the most dangerous crops for bees?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to survive, what must we learn to discern the difference between?
2. What does Jensen conclude that it is the responsibility of members of a community to do?
3. What do younger bees in a hive do?
4. What helps people who are traumatized move into their lives again?
5. Which fairy tale does psychologist Rollo May use allegorically?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)