|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jensen been taking to the coyote tree in the chapter "Violence Revisited?"
(d) Spray paint.
2. Why does Jensen believe his father continued to call him?
(a) He was curious about his son's actions.
(b) He loved him.
(c) He was still trying to control him.
(d) He wanted to see him again.
3. When did Jensen's bees first die?
4. What is the body temperature of a bee hive?
(a) Ninety-eight degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) Ninety-five degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) Seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) Seventy-five degrees Fahrenheit.
5. What is the cause of Jensen's brother's epilepsy?
(b) Medicine overdose.
(c) Blows to the head.
(d) Car wreck.
6. While working with bees, where did Jensen live most of the time?
(a) With his mom.
(b) With his friends.
(c) At his home.
(d) In his truck.
7. From where does Jensen suggest that his restaurant meal did not come?
8. What does Jensen conclude that it is the responsibility of members of a community to do?
(a) Ignore each other.
(b) Feed each other.
(c) Work with each other.
(d) Beat each other.
9. What keeps Jensen from starting with bees again?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) His health.
(c) Lack of equipment.
10. With what does Jack Forbes say that those who would destroy suffer?
(a) Cannibal sickness.
(d) Sleeping sickness.
11. From whom did Jensen borrow the money for his bees?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) The bank.
(d) His mother.
12. What does Dr. Herman say happens to a person who is traumatized repeatedly?
(a) They lose their ability to love.
(b) They lose their identity.
(c) They lose their sense of dependance.
(d) They tear down emotional walls.
13. Which fairy tale does psychologist Rollo May use allegorically?
(a) Briar Rose.
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Snow White.
14. Does Dr. Herman believe the perpetrators of atrocities believe their own lies?
(c) She has no idea.
15. What does the word "kairos" mean?
(a) The time of destiny.
(b) The time of wakening.
(c) A time of change.
(d) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be secure?
2. On what has Backster not experimented?
3. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
4. What is not one of the things that Jensen did to help the bees accept him?
5. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)