|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
(a) He didn't believe in doctors.
(b) He had no insurance.
(c) He couldn't drive.
(d) Doctors denied he was sick.
2. Jensen's cat jumps into his lap and then goes to the litter box to show ______________.
(a) There is no litter.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She can follow the rules.
(d) Jensen the box is dirty.
3. What has Jensen been taking to the coyote tree in the chapter "Violence Revisited?"
(d) Spray paint.
4. Why does Jensen's friend, John Keeble, like to study hate groups?
(a) There aren't many of them.
(b) They are illogical.
(c) They are complex.
(d) They admit they are racists.
5. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
6. What did Ruth Benedict identify as a differentiating factor for "bad" cultures?
(a) Reward of actions that emphasize personal gain.
(d) Presence of polygamy.
7. How often does Jensen have nightmares?
(a) Every night.
(b) Every week.
(c) Once or twice a month.
(d) Two or three times a week.
8. What is the name of the observatory built on Mount Graham?
(a) Apache Project.
(b) Mount Graham Observatory.
(c) Observation Graham.
(d) Columbus Project.
9. How much honey do Jensen's bees produce their first year?
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 3,000 pounds.
10. What tenet of Christianity does Jensen suggest people may wake one day to find is really true?
(a) There really is a heaven.
(b) There really is a hell.
(c) There really is a devil.
(d) There really is karma.
11. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be insecure?
(a) The open system.
(b) The siphon system.
(c) The closed system.
(d) The funnel system.
12. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
(a) I affect, therefore I am.
(b) I am coerced, therefore I am.
(c) I work, therefore I am.
(d) I earn money, therefore I am.
13. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 86 percent.
(c) 98 percent.
(d) 14 percent.
14. What do the oldest bees do?
(a) Tend the young.
(b) Search for new sources of nectar.
(d) Guard the hive.
15. How are queen bees made?
(a) By voting.
(b) By playing games.
(c) By feeding babies special food.
(d) Through bloodlines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
2. What is the body temperature of a bee hive?
3. From where does Jensen suggest that his restaurant meal did not come?
4. How does Jensen describe his beginnings in the bee business?
5. Why do bears attack bee colonies?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)