|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
(a) Stomach cramps.
(b) Growth spurts.
(c) High fever.
2. How does Jensen know it is the coyotes who are eating his offerings of bread?
(a) He sees their prints.
(b) There are no more deer left.
(c) He sees the animals.
(d) The bring him meat.
3. With what disease did the doctors in the hospital misdiagnose Jensen?
(a) Ulcerative colitis.
(b) Kidney failure.
(c) The flu.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
4. When did Jensen's bees first die?
5. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
(a) I earn money, therefore I am.
(b) I work, therefore I am.
(c) I affect, therefore I am.
(d) I am coerced, therefore I am.
6. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 14 percent.
(c) 98 percent.
(d) 86 percent.
7. With what disease was Jensen diagnosed?
(c) Crohn's Disease.
8. What is the body temperature of a bee hive?
(a) Ninety-eight degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) Ninety-five degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) Seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) Seventy-five degrees Fahrenheit.
9. With what items does Backster get the most response from the plants?
10. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
(a) To propose discrete solutions trivializes those that have come before.
(b) An attempt to propose a solution presupposes that solutions exist.
(c) The problem is unconsciously but intentionally structured to make solutions impossible.
(d) He does offer a solution.
11. What has Jensen been taking to the coyote tree in the chapter "Violence Revisited?"
(c) Spray paint.
12. How does Jensen describe his work as a bee keeper?
13. How long was Briar Rose to sleep?
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One hundred years.
14. What does the word "kairos" mean?
(a) A time of change.
(b) A kiss.
(c) The time of destiny.
(d) The time of wakening.
15. How does Jensen describe his beginnings in the bee business?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit requires a wasp to pollinate it?
2. Which fairy tale does psychologist Rollo May use allegorically?
3. What group was not backing the fight to build an observatory on Mount Graham?
4. Jensen is trying to rekindle his love for what sport?
5. What does Jensen say that coercion is central to in our culture?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)