|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
(a) 98 percent.
(b) 86 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 14 percent.
2. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Robert J. Oppenheimer.
3. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
4. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
(a) Have him thrown out.
(b) Ask him to leave.
5. Does Dr. Herman believe the perpetrators of atrocities believe their own lies?
(a) She has no idea.
6. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
(b) High fever.
(c) Stomach cramps.
(d) Growth spurts.
7. Why does Jensen move to Spokane?
(a) To study writing.
(b) To retire.
(c) To get a job.
(d) To live with his father.
8. What does Jensen say that we create?
(a) What we desire.
(b) What we envy.
(c) What we value.
(d) What we need.
9. What tenet of Christianity does Jensen suggest people may wake one day to find is really true?
(a) There really is a hell.
(b) There really is a devil.
(c) There really is karma.
(d) There really is a heaven.
10. With what items does Backster get the most response from the plants?
11. What does Dr. Herman say happens to a person who is traumatized repeatedly?
(a) They tear down emotional walls.
(b) They lose their sense of dependance.
(c) They lose their identity.
(d) They lose their ability to love.
12. What does Jensen say underlies the different forms of coercion?
13. When did Jensen's bees first die?
14. Why does Jensen look for ways to ruin Weyerhaeuser's business?
(a) They make him angry.
(b) They are responsible for deforestation.
(c) He doesn't like their product.
(d) Their trucks are ugly.
15. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
(c) A nondestructive, aggressive society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
2. What does Backster call his research?
3. What does Jensen conclude that it is the responsibility of members of a community to do?
4. What types of people does Jensen say are not the gods of our society?
5. On what has Backster not experimented?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)