|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Jensen's father ask if he could attend Jensen's jump meet?
(b) Three times.
(c) He never asked.
2. How long do bees live?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
3. What does Jensen say is the link between hot showers and the showers of Treblinka?
(a) No link.
(d) Many links.
4. What is one of the most dangerous crops for bees?
5. With what disease did the doctors in the hospital misdiagnose Jensen?
(a) The flu.
(b) Kidney failure.
(c) Ulcerative colitis.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
6. From whom did Jensen borrow the money for his bees?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) The bank.
(d) His mother.
7. Why is Jensen leery of the talking stick?
(a) He is afraid he will be laughed at.
(b) He doesn't want to tell what he really feels.
(c) The person using it is not a traditional Indian.
(d) He is uncomfortable talking in public.
8. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
(a) Do away with it.
(b) Re-channel it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Act on it.
9. What is the cause of Jensen's brother's epilepsy?
(b) Car wreck.
(c) Medicine overdose.
(d) Blows to the head.
10. Which fairy tale does psychologist Rollo May use allegorically?
(b) Snow White.
(c) Briar Rose.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
11. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
(a) Eating dinner.
(c) Watching television.
12. Where is it not possible to recover from an atrocity?
(a) In a crowd.
(b) In the place where the atrocity happened.
(c) In jail.
(d) In isolation.
13. What keeps Jensen from starting with bees again?
(b) Lack of money.
(c) His health.
(d) Lack of equipment.
14. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
(a) A nondestructive, aggressive society.
15. How long does it take a person to die of starvation?
(a) Sixty days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jensen's cat jumps into his lap and then goes to the litter box to show ______________.
2. What do younger bees in a hive do?
3. When was the last time Jensen saw his father?
4. What does Jensen say that coercion is central to in our culture?
5. What tenet of Christianity does Jensen suggest people may wake one day to find is really true?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)