|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do bees live?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
2. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
3. What does the word "kairos" mean?
(a) A time of change.
(b) The time of wakening.
(c) A kiss.
(d) The time of destiny.
4. With what does Jack Forbes say that those who would destroy suffer?
(a) Sleeping sickness.
(b) Cannibal sickness.
5. What keeps Jensen from starting with bees again?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) His health.
(c) Lack of equipment.
6. Why does Jensen move to Spokane?
(a) To retire.
(b) To study writing.
(c) To live with his father.
(d) To get a job.
7. What does Backster call his research?
(a) Bacteria research.
(b) Human attunement research.
(c) Plant research.
(d) Primary perception research.
8. Why did the San Carlos Apache people not respond to the letters send by the forest service requesting input about putting additional telescopes on Mount Graham?
(a) They wanted to telescopes.
(b) They didn't get the letters in time.
(c) They didn't care.
(d) They don't believe in responding to mail.
9. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
(a) Act on it.
(b) Re-channel it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Do away with it.
10. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Robert J. Oppenheimer.
11. Which fairy tale does psychologist Rollo May use allegorically?
(b) Briar Rose.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Snow White.
12. How does Jensen know it is the coyotes who are eating his offerings of bread?
(a) He sees their prints.
(b) The bring him meat.
(c) He sees the animals.
(d) There are no more deer left.
13. What tenet of Christianity does Jensen suggest people may wake one day to find is really true?
(a) There really is a hell.
(b) There really is karma.
(c) There really is a devil.
(d) There really is a heaven.
14. What does Jensen say underlies the different forms of coercion?
15. How often does Jensen have nightmares?
(a) Two or three times a week.
(b) Once or twice a month.
(c) Every week.
(d) Every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jensen begin to teach?
2. With what disease did the doctors in the hospital misdiagnose Jensen?
3. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
4. Why is Jensen leery of the talking stick?
5. Why does Jensen look for ways to ruin Weyerhaeuser's business?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)