|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jensen leery of the talking stick?
(a) He doesn't want to tell what he really feels.
(b) The person using it is not a traditional Indian.
(c) He is afraid he will be laughed at.
(d) He is uncomfortable talking in public.
2. What is one of the most dangerous crops for bees?
3. How long does it take a person to die of starvation?
(a) Sixty days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
4. What do the oldest bees do?
(b) Tend the young.
(c) Search for new sources of nectar.
(d) Guard the hive.
5. What did Ruth Benedict identify as a differentiating factor for "bad" cultures?
(b) Presence of polygamy.
(d) Reward of actions that emphasize personal gain.
6. What role does Jensen believe that his father played in his activism?
(a) Activation energy.
7. With what disease did the doctors in the hospital misdiagnose Jensen?
(a) Stomach ulcers.
(b) The flu.
(c) Ulcerative colitis.
(d) Kidney failure.
8. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be secure?
(a) The closed system.
(b) The siphon system.
(c) The funnel system.
(d) The open system.
9. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
(a) Re-channel it.
(b) Do away with it.
(c) Act on it.
(d) Ignore it.
10. How much honey do Jensen's bees produce their first year?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(d) 3,000 pounds.
11. To what does Cleve Backster give polygraph tests?
12. While working with bees, where did Jensen live most of the time?
(a) With his friends.
(b) With his mom.
(c) At his home.
(d) In his truck.
13. How does Jensen describe Crohn's disease?
(a) As a will-breaker.
(b) As a teacher.
(c) As a tempter.
(d) As an abuser.
14. How does Jensen describe his work as a bee keeper?
15. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
(b) Have him thrown out.
(d) Ask him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what disease was Jensen diagnosed?
2. How does Jensen describe his beginnings in the bee business?
3. What is not a characteristic of a high-rape culture?
4. What does Jensen say underlies the different forms of coercion?
5. What type of insects does Jensen try his hand at raising?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)