|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jensen tell his father he would do if his father attended his jump meet?
(c) Ask him to leave.
(d) Have him thrown out.
2. With what does Jack Forbes say that those who would destroy suffer?
(a) Cannibal sickness.
(d) Sleeping sickness.
3. What does Dr. Herman say happens to a person who is traumatized repeatedly?
(a) They lose their sense of dependance.
(b) They tear down emotional walls.
(c) They lose their identity.
(d) They lose their ability to love.
4. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Robert J. Oppenheimer.
5. From whom did Jensen borrow the money for his bees?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) The bank.
(d) His father.
6. What animal often kills bee colonies?
7. To what does Cleve Backster give polygraph tests?
8. In the parable of the box, who does the man on the box represent?
(b) The common people.
(c) The authorities.
(d) Free trade.
9. What fruit requires a wasp to pollinate it?
10. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
(a) A nondestructive, aggressive society.
11. What keeps Jensen from starting with bees again?
(a) His health.
(b) Lack of equipment.
(c) Lack of money.
12. How does Jensen describe his work as a bee keeper?
13. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
(b) Eating dinner.
(d) Watching television.
14. How does Jensen describe Crohn's disease?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As a tempter.
(c) As a will-breaker.
(d) As an abuser.
15. What group was not backing the fight to build an observatory on Mount Graham?
(a) Apache Indians.
(b) Max Planck Institue.
(c) University of Arizona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unique creation of civilizations?
2. What has Jensen been taking to the coyote tree in the chapter "Violence Revisited?"
3. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
4. How old was Jensen when he was diagnosed with Crohn's?
5. What role does Jensen believe that his father played in his activism?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)