|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jensen write that he cannot offer solutions to the problems that affect the world?
(a) The problem is unconsciously but intentionally structured to make solutions impossible.
(b) He does offer a solution.
(c) To propose discrete solutions trivializes those that have come before.
(d) An attempt to propose a solution presupposes that solutions exist.
2. What group was not backing the fight to build an observatory on Mount Graham?
(b) University of Arizona.
(c) Max Planck Institue.
(d) Apache Indians.
3. What has Jensen been taking to the coyote tree in the chapter "Violence Revisited?"
(b) Spray paint.
4. Why do bears attack bee colonies?
(a) For beeswax.
(b) For honey.
(c) For baby bees.
(d) For adult bees.
5. On what has Backster not experimented?
6. How does Jensen describe Crohn's disease?
(a) As an abuser.
(b) As a will-breaker.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As a tempter.
7. What does Jensen say that coercion is central to in our culture?
(b) Our religion.
(c) Our economics.
(d) Our applied sciences.
8. What tenet of Christianity does Jensen suggest people may wake one day to find is really true?
(a) There really is karma.
(b) There really is a hell.
(c) There really is a devil.
(d) There really is a heaven.
9. What is not a symptom of Crohn's?
(b) High fever.
(c) Stomach cramps.
(d) Growth spurts.
10. What helps people who are traumatized move into their lives again?
(a) Accepting the truth.
(b) Bringing their attacker to justice.
(c) A survivor mission.
(d) Talking about their experience.
11. With what does Jack Forbes say that those who would destroy suffer?
(b) Sleeping sickness.
(c) Cannibal sickness.
12. How does the construction going on near Jensen's home make him feel?
13. What does Jensen say leads to psychopathy?
(b) Brain injury.
(d) Drug use.
14. Why did Jensen not go to the hospital with his Crohn's?
(a) Doctors denied he was sick.
(b) He had no insurance.
(c) He didn't believe in doctors.
(d) He couldn't drive.
15. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be insecure?
(a) The siphon system.
(b) The open system.
(c) The funnel system.
(d) The closed system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Dr. Herman believe the perpetrators of atrocities believe their own lies?
2. Who said "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds?"
3. How does Jensen describe his work as a bee keeper?
4. What do the oldest bees do?
5. For what experience does Jensen learn he has been having flashbacks to and not realizing it?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)