|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Jensen's dog to die?
(a) Old age.
2. What calls Jensen during the ice storm?
(a) The coyote tree.
(b) The milkman.
(c) His chickens.
(d) The coyotes.
3. From what Indian tribe is Jeannette Armstrong?
4. What is it that Jensen believes shows the coyotes gratitude for the duck carcass?
(a) A new tree.
(b) A pile of poop.
(c) Dead wolves.
(d) A dead chicken.
5. Why does Jensen not blow up the dams?
(a) He is too frightened.
(b) He can't get to the dam.
(c) He doesn't know how to.
(d) He has no dynamite.
6. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(a) Any type of books they wanted to read.
(b) Books about the Bible or nature.
(c) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
7. What characterizes the Semai people?
(a) They don't fight.
(b) They are considered fighters.
(c) They are violent.
(d) They believe in corporal punishment.
8. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
(a) Cultural press.
(b) Cultural binoculars.
(c) Cultural eyeglasses.
(d) Cultural blinders.
9. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
(a) It will explode.
(b) It will implode.
(c) It will be saved.
(d) It will be destroyed.
10. What is the main lesson Jensen says he learns in graduate school?
(a) His love of jumping.
(b) The primacy of process.
(d) The goal of economics.
11. What does Jensen argue manifests the desires of our culture?
(b) Human beings.
12. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
(a) They were cruel.
(b) They were kind.
(c) They were unwilling to reproduce.
(d) They were sick.
13. What is there room for in the world of economics?
14. What animal cares for the Sand Creek massacre survivors?
15. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
(a) A fir.
(b) A maple.
(c) A mimosa.
(d) An oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
2. What is more important that listening?
3. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
4. What does Jensen say saved his life as a child?
5. According to Jensen, what do humans do when they fear their needs won't be met?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)