|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
(a) They were cruel.
(b) They were kind.
(c) They were unwilling to reproduce.
(d) They were sick.
2. About what animal does Jensen dream?
3. In the chapter "Taking A Life" what animal always seems to be getting shafted?
(a) The dogs.
(b) The coyotes.
(c) The kittens.
(d) The chickens.
4. How does Jensen feel when he realizes he can speak to animals and make them understand?
5. What does Jensen ask the coyotes not to do?
(a) Go to the coyote tree.
(b) Poop in his yard.
(c) Kill his kittens.
(d) Kill his chickens.
6. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
(a) Buys a gun.
(b) Builds a fence.
(c) Sets traps.
(d) Cages the birds.
7. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
(a) He likes money.
(b) He understands the concepts.
(c) He doesn't take them seriously.
(d) He doesn't enjoy them.
8. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
(a) He got away from his father.
(b) He began to fall apart.
(c) He got an education.
(d) He met his wife.
9. What does the Maori word "whenua" mean?
10. What is there room for in the world of economics?
11. What did the Chipewyan Indian children do with the wolf pups?
(a) Played with them.
(b) Fought with them.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Ran from them.
12. Why does the mother in the social security office berate her daughter?
(a) She slapped an infant.
(b) She lost her shoes.
(c) She had an accident.
(d) She stole some money.
13. What does Jensen begin doing when he doesn't jump well?
(a) Throwing tantrums.
(b) Hitting others.
(c) Walking away.
(d) Running away.
14. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
(a) Cultural eyeglasses.
(b) Cultural blinders.
(c) Cultural press.
(d) Cultural binoculars.
15. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(b) Books about the Bible or nature.
(c) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
(d) Any type of books they wanted to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jensen do on the Sabbath?
2. According to Jensen, on what belief is the entire culture based?
3. What does Jensen say that trees do when they are cut down?
4. What type of tree is the coyote tree?
5. Who introduced Jensen to the idea of silencing?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)