|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of pet did Jensen have as a child?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goldfish.
(c) A dog.
(d) A turtle.
2. What does Jensen say is the point of life?
(a) To seek happiness.
(b) To accumulate wealth.
(c) To honor life.
(d) To gain control over the world.
3. When does Jensen say that his conversation with the coyotes began?
4. How did William Doherty die?
(a) Trying to save birds.
(b) In a traffic accident.
(c) Blowing up a dam.
(d) During a war.
5. What finally kills Jensen's aphids?
(b) Cold water.
6. To what does Jensen compare the urge to destroy?
(a) Poisoned meat.
(b) Modern culture.
(c) Poisoned water.
(d) Human nature.
7. Where do the Maori people live?
(b) New Zealand.
8. What did Jensen's father say after he had beat someone?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "I'm sorry."
(c) "I hate you."
(d) "You deserved it."
9. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
(a) He likes money.
(b) He understands the concepts.
(c) He doesn't take them seriously.
(d) He doesn't enjoy them.
10. What did Jensen do on the Sabbath?
(a) Watched the clock.
(b) Communed with God.
(c) Communed with nature.
(d) Read the Bible.
11. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(b) Books about the Bible or nature.
(c) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
(d) Any type of books they wanted to read.
12. What does Jensen argue manifests the desires of our culture?
(c) Human beings.
13. In what sport does Jensen participate?
(b) High jumping.
14. Whom did the judge in the animal abuse case attack?
(a) The police.
(b) The newspaper writers.
(c) The owners of the puppy mill.
(d) The animal activists.
15. What calls Jensen during the ice storm?
(a) The milkman.
(b) The coyote tree.
(c) The coyotes.
(d) His chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
2. With what is Lake Coeur d'Alene contaminated?
3. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
4. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
5. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)