|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen list as one of the weapons used against the aboriginal people?
(a) The press.
(b) The penis.
(d) Bow and arrow.
2. Jensen says there is a language older than _______________.
3. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
4. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
(a) A flower garden.
(b) Dead trees.
(c) Only dirt.
(d) Kentucky Bluegrass.
5. What does the Maori word "whenua" mean?
6. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(a) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
(b) Books about the Bible or nature.
(d) Any type of books they wanted to read.
7. What does Jensen do with the surveyors' flags?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Moves them.
(c) Pulls them up.
(d) Plays with them.
8. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Money for food.
(c) Part of his dinner.
(d) The address to a shelter.
9. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
(a) An oak.
(b) A mimosa.
(c) A fir.
(d) A maple.
10. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
(b) Killing coyotes.
11. What animal cares for the Sand Creek massacre survivors?
12. When does Jensen say that his conversation with the coyotes began?
13. What does Jensen believe is the purpose of compulsory education?
(a) To break the will of the children.
(b) To use taxpayers' money.
(c) To waste time.
(d) To teach necessary education.
14. What types of people have hurt women the most?
(a) Other women.
(c) Indigenous people.
15. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
(a) Freedom from jobs.
(b) Promise of money.
(c) Intellectual superiority.
(d) Promise of good grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
2. What does Jensen's mom suggest to kill his aphid infestation?
3. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
4. What is it that Jensen believes shows the coyotes gratitude for the duck carcass?
5. What robotic varmint did scientists at Tokyo University create?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)