|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen list as one of the weapons used against the aboriginal people?
(a) The penis.
(c) Bow and arrow.
(d) The press.
2. At what university did Jensen teach a creative writing class?
(a) University of California.
(b) East Washington University.
(d) Mines College.
3. What does Jensen believe is the purpose of compulsory education?
(a) To teach necessary education.
(b) To waste time.
(c) To use taxpayers' money.
(d) To break the will of the children.
4. According to Jensen, what does strange things to a person's mind?
5. Why does Jensen not blow up the dams?
(a) He is too frightened.
(b) He can't get to the dam.
(c) He has no dynamite.
(d) He doesn't know how to.
6. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
(a) Promise of money.
(b) Intellectual superiority.
(c) Promise of good grades.
(d) Freedom from jobs.
7. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(b) Any type of books they wanted to read.
(c) Books about the Bible or nature.
(d) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
8. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
(a) As a way to punish humans.
(b) As a way to make humans better.
(c) As a way to control humans.
(d) As a way to encourage humans.
9. How did William Doherty die?
(a) Blowing up a dam.
(b) During a war.
(c) Trying to save birds.
(d) In a traffic accident.
10. What does Jensen say saved his life as a child?
(a) His mother.
(b) The stars.
(c) His dog.
(d) A teacher.
11. With what is Lake Coeur d'Alene contaminated?
(c) Heavy metals.
(d) Plastic bottles.
12. Whom did Jensen's father not beat?
(a) His family.
(b) Those who didn't deserve it.
(c) His wife
(d) Those who deserved it.
13. Why does the mother in the social security office berate her daughter?
(a) She slapped an infant.
(b) She lost her shoes.
(c) She stole some money.
(d) She had an accident.
14. What is thought without experience?
(a) Scientific reasoning.
15. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
(c) Killing coyotes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen say is the point of life?
2. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
3. What does Jensen say that trees do when they are cut down?
4. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
5. In what does Jensen say his economic books should be written?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)