|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen wish about his childhood?
(a) It was different.
(b) He could forget it.
(c) It never happened.
(d) It was worse.
2. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
3. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
(c) All the callers.
4. What does Bruce Stewart suggest as the way for the world to get better?
(a) To grow plants.
(b) To help ourselves.
(c) To return to old ways.
(d) To serve others.
5. What is killed when Jensen cleans his barn?
6. What do the geese do after the Gaddys' deaths?
(a) Continue to visit the refuge.
(b) Keep watch over the graves.
(c) Stop going to the refuge.
(d) Stay at the refuge year round.
7. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend notice that Jensen didn't?
(a) The purple berries on the bush.
(b) The ladybugs.
(c) The bees.
(d) The aphids.
8. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
9. In the chapter "Taking A Life" what animal always seems to be getting shafted?
(a) The kittens.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The coyotes.
(d) The chickens.
10. With what is Lake Coeur d'Alene contaminated?
(a) Heavy metals.
(b) Plastic bottles.
11. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
(a) Promise of good grades.
(b) Freedom from jobs.
(c) Intellectual superiority.
(d) Promise of money.
12. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
(a) He doesn't enjoy them.
(b) He doesn't take them seriously.
(c) He understands the concepts.
(d) He likes money.
13. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
(a) It will be saved.
(b) It will be destroyed.
(c) It will implode.
(d) It will explode.
14. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(a) Books about the Bible or nature.
(b) Any type of books they wanted to read.
(c) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
15. What types of animals does Jensen raise?
(a) Chickens and ducks.
(b) Dairy cattle.
(c) Beef cattle.
(d) Sheep and goats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
2. What is thought without experience?
3. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
4. Why does the mother in the social security office berate her daughter?
5. Where do the Maori people live?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)