|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jensen feel when he realizes he can speak to animals and make them understand?
2. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend notice that Jensen didn't?
(a) The purple berries on the bush.
(b) The ladybugs.
(c) The bees.
(d) The aphids.
3. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
4. What types of animals does Jensen raise?
(a) Dairy cattle.
(b) Beef cattle.
(c) Sheep and goats.
(d) Chickens and ducks.
5. What does the Dreamgiver show Jensen about the future?
6. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
(a) An oak.
(b) A maple.
(c) A fir.
(d) A mimosa.
7. Jensen wanted his dogs to stop _____________.
(a) Eating hens.
(b) Chasing kittens.
(c) Eating eggs.
(d) Chasing the coyotes.
8. What does Jensen believe is the purpose of compulsory education?
(a) To break the will of the children.
(b) To teach necessary education.
(c) To waste time.
(d) To use taxpayers' money.
9. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
(a) He began to fall apart.
(b) He got an education.
(c) He got away from his father.
(d) He met his wife.
10. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
(c) All the callers.
11. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
(a) Freedom from jobs.
(b) Promise of good grades.
(c) Intellectual superiority.
(d) Promise of money.
12. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
(b) George Washington.
(c) Jeannette Armstrong.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
13. What does Jensen say is the point of life?
(a) To accumulate wealth.
(b) To seek happiness.
(c) To gain control over the world.
(d) To honor life.
14. Nollman says that his ___________ seem to become listless when he goes away.
15. How did William Doherty die?
(a) Blowing up a dam.
(b) In a traffic accident.
(c) Trying to save birds.
(d) During a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Jensen compare the urge to destroy?
2. What do the geese do after the Gaddys' deaths?
3. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
4. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
5. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)