|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
(a) As a way to control humans.
(b) As a way to make humans better.
(c) As a way to punish humans.
(d) As a way to encourage humans.
2. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
(a) Cages the birds.
(b) Buys a gun.
(c) Sets traps.
(d) Builds a fence.
3. Jensen wanted his dogs to stop _____________.
(a) Eating hens.
(b) Chasing kittens.
(c) Eating eggs.
(d) Chasing the coyotes.
4. What is the essence of silencing?
(a) The misuse of language.
(b) The inability to remember.
(c) The willingness to forget.
(d) The loss of language.
5. For what sports class did Jensen sign up in school?
(c) High jumping.
6. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
(a) Cultural press.
(b) Cultural blinders.
(c) Cultural eyeglasses.
(d) Cultural binoculars.
7. What causes Jensen's dog to die?
(a) Old age.
8. What types of animals does Jensen raise?
(a) Chickens and ducks.
(b) Sheep and goats.
(c) Dairy cattle.
(d) Beef cattle.
9. At what university did Jensen teach a creative writing class?
(a) Mines College.
(c) East Washington University.
(d) University of California.
10. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend notice that Jensen didn't?
(a) The bees.
(b) The ladybugs.
(c) The purple berries on the bush.
(d) The aphids.
11. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
(a) It will be saved.
(b) It will explode.
(c) It will implode.
(d) It will be destroyed.
12. Why does Jensen really go to graduate school?
(a) To continue high jumping.
(b) To keep from having to go to work.
(c) To further his education.
(d) To learn economics.
13. What do the geese do after the Gaddys' deaths?
(a) Continue to visit the refuge.
(b) Keep watch over the graves.
(c) Stay at the refuge year round.
(d) Stop going to the refuge.
14. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
(c) All the callers.
15. What types of people have hurt women the most?
(b) Indigenous people.
(d) Other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Maori people live?
2. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
3. What is the original meaning of the word economics?
4. What is there room for in the world of economics?
5. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)