|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally kills Jensen's aphids?
(a) Cold water.
2. What do the geese do after the Gaddys' deaths?
(a) Keep watch over the graves.
(b) Stop going to the refuge.
(c) Stay at the refuge year round.
(d) Continue to visit the refuge.
3. What does Jensen's mom suggest to kill his aphid infestation?
(a) Strong pesticides.
(b) Natural insecticides.
(c) Cold water wash.
(d) Pruned plants.
4. What does Jensen do for a living?
5. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
(a) Believing that it is possible.
(b) Opening one's mind.
(c) Learning the other species' language.
(d) Getting on their level.
6. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
(d) Killing coyotes.
7. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
8. What types of animals does Jensen raise?
(a) Chickens and ducks.
(b) Beef cattle.
(c) Dairy cattle.
(d) Sheep and goats.
9. What type of tree is the coyote tree?
(a) A fir tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) A pecan tree.
10. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend notice that Jensen didn't?
(a) The aphids.
(b) The ladybugs.
(c) The bees.
(d) The purple berries on the bush.
11. In what sport does Jensen participate?
(b) High jumping.
12. With what is Lake Coeur d'Alene contaminated?
(c) Heavy metals.
(d) Plastic bottles.
13. Why does Jensen really go to graduate school?
(a) To further his education.
(b) To continue high jumping.
(c) To keep from having to go to work.
(d) To learn economics.
14. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
(a) An oak.
(b) A maple.
(c) A fir.
(d) A mimosa.
15. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
2. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
3. What device does Jensen say determines our view of surrounding circumstances?
4. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
5. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)