|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen ask the coyotes not to do?
(a) Kill his kittens.
(b) Poop in his yard.
(c) Kill his chickens.
(d) Go to the coyote tree.
2. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
3. What does Jensen say saved his life as a child?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The stars.
(c) His mother.
(d) His dog.
4. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
(a) Learning the other species' language.
(b) Believing that it is possible.
(c) Getting on their level.
(d) Opening one's mind.
5. What types of animals does Jensen raise?
(a) Sheep and goats.
(b) Dairy cattle.
(c) Beef cattle.
(d) Chickens and ducks.
6. What is the main lesson Jensen says he learns in graduate school?
(a) His love of jumping.
(c) The primacy of process.
(d) The goal of economics.
7. How does Jensen's high jumping coach treat him?
8. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
(a) He got away from his father.
(b) He got an education.
(c) He began to fall apart.
(d) He met his wife.
9. What does Bruce Stewart suggest as the way for the world to get better?
(a) To return to old ways.
(b) To help ourselves.
(c) To serve others.
(d) To grow plants.
10. Who teaches Jensen's handball class?
(a) His principal.
(b) Philosophy teacher.
(c) His father.
(d) Track coach.
11. What is the original meaning of the word economics?
(a) Management of money.
(b) Science of finance.
(c) Science of household management.
(d) Study of stocks and bonds.
12. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
(a) Sets traps.
(b) Builds a fence.
(c) Cages the birds.
(d) Buys a gun.
13. What did Jensen's father say after he had beat someone?
(a) "You deserved it."
(b) "I'm sorry."
(c) "I love you."
(d) "I hate you."
14. What is thought without experience?
(d) Scientific reasoning.
15. Who was Jensen's hero as a child?
(a) The president.
(b) Lawrence of Arabia.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jensen say that his conversation with the coyotes began?
2. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend notice that Jensen didn't?
3. In the chapter "Taking A Life" what animal always seems to be getting shafted?
4. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
5. What causes Jensen's dog to die?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)