|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
(a) He met his wife.
(b) He got away from his father.
(c) He got an education.
(d) He began to fall apart.
2. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
(a) Sex and death.
(b) Violence and sex.
(c) Life and violence.
(d) Sex and life.
3. What animal cares for the Sand Creek massacre survivors?
4. Jensen wanted his dogs to stop _____________.
(a) Eating eggs.
(b) Eating hens.
(c) Chasing kittens.
(d) Chasing the coyotes.
5. Where do the Maori people live?
(c) New Zealand.
6. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
(a) As a way to punish humans.
(b) As a way to make humans better.
(c) As a way to control humans.
(d) As a way to encourage humans.
7. Whom did the judge in the animal abuse case attack?
(a) The police.
(b) The owners of the puppy mill.
(c) The newspaper writers.
(d) The animal activists.
8. How does Jensen's high jumping coach treat him?
9. What did Jensen do on the Sabbath?
(a) Watched the clock.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Communed with God.
(d) Communed with nature.
10. What does the Dreamgiver show Jensen about the future?
11. In the chapter "Taking A Life" what animal always seems to be getting shafted?
(a) The kittens.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The dogs.
(d) The coyotes.
12. What does Jensen argue manifests the desires of our culture?
(b) Human beings.
13. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
(a) Money for food.
(b) The address to a shelter.
(c) Part of his dinner.
(d) A place to stay.
14. When does Jensen say that his conversation with the coyotes began?
15. What is killed when Jensen cleans his barn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen do with the surveyors' flags?
2. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
3. With what is Lake Coeur d'Alene contaminated?
4. What characterizes the Semai people?
5. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)