|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university did Jensen teach a creative writing class?
(a) Mines College.
(b) East Washington University.
(d) University of California.
2. Nollman says that his ___________ seem to become listless when he goes away.
3. According to Jensen, on what belief is the entire culture based?
(a) People are honest.
(b) People are blind.
(c) The earth is inanimate.
(d) The earth is alive.
4. What finally kills Jensen's aphids?
(a) Cold water.
5. To what does Jensen compare the urge to destroy?
(a) Poisoned meat.
(b) Human nature.
(c) Poisoned water.
(d) Modern culture.
6. What is there room for in the world of economics?
7. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
8. What type of pet did Jensen have as a child?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A goldfish.
9. What does the Dreamgiver show Jensen about the future?
10. What is killed when Jensen cleans his barn?
11. What types of animals does Jensen raise?
(a) Dairy cattle.
(b) Beef cattle.
(c) Chickens and ducks.
(d) Sheep and goats.
12. According to Jensen, what does strange things to a person's mind?
13. In the chapter "Taking A Life" what animal always seems to be getting shafted?
(a) The chickens.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The coyotes.
(d) The kittens.
14. What does Jensen's mom suggest to kill his aphid infestation?
(a) Pruned plants.
(b) Strong pesticides.
(c) Natural insecticides.
(d) Cold water wash.
15. What does Jensen ultimately believe will happen to the world because of the way humans treat it?
(a) It will be saved.
(b) It will explode.
(c) It will implode.
(d) It will be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is the coyote tree?
2. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
3. Who was Jensen's hero as a child?
4. What does the Maori word "whenua" mean?
5. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)