|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(a) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
(b) Books about the Bible or nature.
(d) Any type of books they wanted to read.
2. Who was Jensen's hero as a child?
(b) His father.
(c) Lawrence of Arabia.
(d) The president.
3. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
(c) Killing coyotes.
4. About what animal does Jensen dream?
5. What is there room for in the world of economics?
6. What does Jensen's mom suggest to kill his aphid infestation?
(a) Cold water wash.
(b) Strong pesticides.
(c) Pruned plants.
(d) Natural insecticides.
7. In what sport does Jensen participate?
(c) High jumping.
8. What do the geese do after the Gaddys' deaths?
(a) Keep watch over the graves.
(b) Stay at the refuge year round.
(c) Stop going to the refuge.
(d) Continue to visit the refuge.
9. Who teaches Jensen's handball class?
(a) Track coach.
(b) His principal.
(c) Philosophy teacher.
(d) His father.
10. What is the essence of silencing?
(a) The loss of language.
(b) The willingness to forget.
(c) The misuse of language.
(d) The inability to remember.
11. Why does Jensen really go to graduate school?
(a) To further his education.
(b) To learn economics.
(c) To keep from having to go to work.
(d) To continue high jumping.
12. What is more important that listening?
13. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
(a) A flower garden.
(b) Dead trees.
(c) Only dirt.
(d) Kentucky Bluegrass.
14. What is the main lesson Jensen says he learns in graduate school?
(a) The primacy of process.
(b) His love of jumping.
(d) The goal of economics.
15. What does Jensen say is the point of life?
(a) To accumulate wealth.
(b) To gain control over the world.
(c) To honor life.
(d) To seek happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jensen say that his conversation with the coyotes began?
2. Which Maori interrogates Jensen?
3. What does Jensen say that trees do when they are cut down?
4. What question does Jensen want answered while he is in school?
5. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)