Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
(a) Opening one's mind.
(b) Believing that it is possible.
(c) Getting on their level.
(d) Learning the other species' language.
2. Where do the Maori people live?
(b) New Zealand.
3. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
(a) Killing coyotes.
4. By what means does Jensen not get the meat that he eats?
5. How did William Doherty die?
(a) Trying to save birds.
(b) During a war.
(c) Blowing up a dam.
(d) In a traffic accident.
6. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
(a) He likes money.
(b) He doesn't take them seriously.
(c) He understands the concepts.
(d) He doesn't enjoy them.
7. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
8. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
9. About what animal does Jensen dream?
10. For what reason were the Arawaks exterminated?
(a) They were sick.
(b) They were cruel.
(c) They were kind.
(d) They were unwilling to reproduce.
11. What does Jensen do for a living?
12. How many people speak out against violence in disciplining children on the radio talk show that Jensen listens to?
(d) All the callers.
13. What does Jensen begin doing when he doesn't jump well?
(a) Hitting others.
(b) Walking away.
(c) Running away.
(d) Throwing tantrums.
14. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
(a) As a way to encourage humans.
(b) As a way to punish humans.
(c) As a way to make humans better.
(d) As a way to control humans.
15. Why does Jensen really go to graduate school?
(a) To keep from having to go to work.
(b) To continue high jumping.
(c) To further his education.
(d) To learn economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Jensen's dog to die?
2. What type of tree did the aphids attack?
3. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
4. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
5. How does Jensen say a person should define themselves?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)