|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen do for a living?
2. What is the essence of silencing?
(a) The loss of language.
(b) The misuse of language.
(c) The willingness to forget.
(d) The inability to remember.
3. What does Jensen say saved his life as a child?
(a) The stars.
(b) His dog.
(c) A teacher.
(d) His mother.
4. What robotic varmint did scientists at Tokyo University create?
5. What does the Maori word "whenua" mean?
6. What is there room for in the world of economics?
7. Which Maori interrogates Jensen?
(a) Bruce Stewart.
(b) The poet.
(d) Jeannette Armstrong.
8. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
(a) He understands the concepts.
(b) He likes money.
(c) He doesn't take them seriously.
(d) He doesn't enjoy them.
9. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
(a) The address to a shelter.
(b) Money for food.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Part of his dinner.
10. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
(a) Getting on their level.
(b) Learning the other species' language.
(c) Believing that it is possible.
(d) Opening one's mind.
11. At what university did Jensen teach a creative writing class?
(a) East Washington University.
(c) Mines College.
(d) University of California.
12. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
(a) Sets traps.
(b) Cages the birds.
(c) Builds a fence.
(d) Buys a gun.
13. What is thought without experience?
(d) Scientific reasoning.
14. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
(a) Violence and sex.
(b) Sex and death.
(c) Life and violence.
(d) Sex and life.
15. According to Jensen, what does strange things to a person's mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is the coyote tree?
2. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend notice that Jensen didn't?
3. In the chapter "Taking A Life" what animal always seems to be getting shafted?
4. What is it that Jensen believes shows the coyotes gratitude for the duck carcass?
5. How does Jensen say a person should define themselves?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)