|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the essence of silencing?
(a) The inability to remember.
(b) The willingness to forget.
(c) The misuse of language.
(d) The loss of language.
2. What did the Chipewyan Indian children do with the wolf pups?
(a) Played with them.
(b) Fought with them.
(c) Ran from them.
(d) Killed them.
3. What two things does Jensen indicate are often associated in modern culture?
(a) Sex and life.
(b) Life and violence.
(c) Sex and death.
(d) Violence and sex.
4. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
5. What is there room for in the world of economics?
6. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
7. What finally kills Jensen's aphids?
(b) Cold water.
8. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
(a) He doesn't take them seriously.
(b) He likes money.
(c) He doesn't enjoy them.
(d) He understands the concepts.
9. What does Jensen begin doing when he doesn't jump well?
(a) Walking away.
(b) Running away.
(c) Hitting others.
(d) Throwing tantrums.
10. How did Jensen teach his creative writing class?
(a) Through the internet.
(b) In a linear fashion.
(c) Through lectures only.
(d) In a nonlinear fashion.
11. What was in Jensen's yard originally?
(a) Only dirt.
(b) A flower garden.
(c) Dead trees.
(d) Kentucky Bluegrass.
12. What does Jensen indicate is the key to interspecies communication?
(a) Learning the other species' language.
(b) Believing that it is possible.
(c) Getting on their level.
(d) Opening one's mind.
13. What does Jensen think about when he flies?
14. Whom did the judge in the animal abuse case attack?
(a) The police.
(b) The animal activists.
(c) The newspaper writers.
(d) The owners of the puppy mill.
15. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Jeannette Armstrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jensen say saved his life as a child?
2. What happens after the mice in the barn are killed?
3. How does Jensen feel when he realizes he can speak to animals and make them understand?
4. What is killed when Jensen cleans his barn?
5. What does Jensen's mom suggest to kill his aphid infestation?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)