|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes the Semai people?
(a) They believe in corporal punishment.
(b) They are considered fighters.
(c) They don't fight.
(d) They are violent.
2. Under what religious beliefs was Jensen raised?
3. What does Jensen ask the coyotes not to do?
(a) Poop in his yard.
(b) Kill his kittens.
(c) Go to the coyote tree.
(d) Kill his chickens.
4. What does the Maori word "whenua" mean?
5. What do the geese do after the Gaddys' deaths?
(a) Stop going to the refuge.
(b) Continue to visit the refuge.
(c) Stay at the refuge year round.
(d) Keep watch over the graves.
6. What does Jensen say is the point of life?
(a) To honor life.
(b) To seek happiness.
(c) To accumulate wealth.
(d) To gain control over the world.
7. How did William Doherty die?
(a) During a war.
(b) Blowing up a dam.
(c) Trying to save birds.
(d) In a traffic accident.
8. What is the essence of silencing?
(a) The misuse of language.
(b) The loss of language.
(c) The inability to remember.
(d) The willingness to forget.
9. According to Jensen, what does strange things to a person's mind?
10. What types of animals does Jensen raise?
(a) Sheep and goats.
(b) Chickens and ducks.
(c) Dairy cattle.
(d) Beef cattle.
11. What is it that Jensen believes shows the coyotes gratitude for the duck carcass?
(a) A new tree.
(b) Dead wolves.
(c) A dead chicken.
(d) A pile of poop.
12. How does Jensen feel when he realizes he can speak to animals and make them understand?
13. About what animal does Jensen dream?
14. Why does the mother in the social security office berate her daughter?
(a) She slapped an infant.
(b) She stole some money.
(c) She lost her shoes.
(d) She had an accident.
15. According to Jensen, what do humans do when they fear their needs won't be met?
(a) Make demands.
(b) Get angry.
(c) Become more determined.
(d) Become silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dreamgiver show Jensen about the future?
2. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
3. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
4. Who gave the Cheyenne leader a United States flag?
5. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)