|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jensen's nine-year-old friend notice that Jensen didn't?
(a) The purple berries on the bush.
(b) The aphids.
(c) The ladybugs.
(d) The bees.
2. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(a) Books about the Bible or nature.
(c) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
(d) Any type of books they wanted to read.
3. Jensen wanted his dogs to stop _____________.
(a) Chasing kittens.
(b) Chasing the coyotes.
(c) Eating hens.
(d) Eating eggs.
4. To what does Jensen compare the urge to destroy?
(a) Modern culture.
(b) Poisoned water.
(c) Human nature.
(d) Poisoned meat.
5. Where do the Maori people live?
(b) New Zealand.
6. What does Bruce Stewart suggest as the way for the world to get better?
(a) To serve others.
(b) To help ourselves.
(c) To return to old ways.
(d) To grow plants.
7. What does the homeless man who sees Jensen digging in the trash offer him?
(a) Part of his dinner.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) The address to a shelter.
(d) Money for food.
8. Which Maori interrogates Jensen?
(a) The poet.
(c) Jeannette Armstrong.
(d) Bruce Stewart.
9. What does the Maori word "whenua" mean?
10. What activity does Jensen dream that he is doing?
(d) Killing coyotes.
11. What does Jensen believe is the purpose of compulsory education?
(a) To teach necessary education.
(b) To break the will of the children.
(c) To use taxpayers' money.
(d) To waste time.
12. According to Jensen, what was the reason for him and his classmates to endure their time in school?
(a) Promise of good grades.
(b) Freedom from jobs.
(c) Intellectual superiority.
(d) Promise of money.
13. What characterizes the Semai people?
(a) They don't fight.
(b) They are considered fighters.
(c) They believe in corporal punishment.
(d) They are violent.
14. What robotic varmint did scientists at Tokyo University create?
15. What animal cares for the Sand Creek massacre survivors?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subject did Jensen major in graduate school?
2. What happens after the mice in the barn are killed?
3. What is thought without experience?
4. What is the original meaning of the word economics?
5. What does Jensen say is the best thing that happened to him at the School of Mines?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)