|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Trauma and Recovery; and Connection and Cooperation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of books were Jensen's family members allowed to read on the Sabbath?
(a) Any type of books they wanted to read.
(b) Books about the Bible or nature.
(c) The Bible or Bible commentaries only.
2. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
(a) I affect, therefore I am.
(b) I work, therefore I am.
(c) I earn money, therefore I am.
(d) I am coerced, therefore I am.
3. What does Jensen's mom suggest to kill his aphid infestation?
(a) Cold water wash.
(b) Strong pesticides.
(c) Natural insecticides.
(d) Pruned plants.
4. What percentage of those polled thought it was acceptable for police to use pepper spray on nonviolent, non-resisting protestors?
(a) 86 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 14 percent.
(d) 98 percent.
5. What does Jensen argue manifests the desires of our culture?
(d) Human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Backster call his research?
2. What is the third category of people that Fromm identifies?
3. What does Jensen do to try to keep the coyotes from eating his birds?
4. Who introduced Jensen to the idea of silencing?
5. What does the word "kairos" mean?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)