|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Plants Respond; and Death and Awakening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ruth Benedict identify as a differentiating factor for "bad" cultures?
(a) Presence of polygamy.
(d) Reward of actions that emphasize personal gain.
2. How does Jensen indicate that our culture uses God?
(a) As a way to encourage humans.
(b) As a way to punish humans.
(c) As a way to make humans better.
(d) As a way to control humans.
3. Why does Jensen enjoy his economics classes?
(a) He understands the concepts.
(b) He doesn't enjoy them.
(c) He doesn't take them seriously.
(d) He likes money.
4. What system to manage wealth will allow a society to be secure?
(a) The open system.
(b) The closed system.
(c) The funnel system.
(d) The siphon system.
5. What is the body temperature of a bee hive?
(a) Ninety-eight degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) Seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) Seventy-five degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) Ninety-five degrees Fahrenheit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jensen's bees first die?
2. To what phrase has Erich Fromm changed Descartes' famous saying "I think, therefore I am?"
3. Why does the mother in the social security office berate her daughter?
4. What is thought without experience?
5. What does Jensen say we cannot do with our anger?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)